Wednesday, December 19, 2007

This is why Manchester is so cheap!

The 12 days of Chavmas

Watch the video and observe. Beware the indigenous population of the north!

Posted by new_order @ 09:27 PM (1358 views)

16 thoughts on “This is why Manchester is so cheap!

• I am sorry boys and girls but I could just not help myself!
    I thought I should share some insight into where the BBC are moving their offices.

• unfortunately, they aren’t confined to the north….

• They’ll fit right in.

Wite trash rulez innit!

• New Order, a couple of points worth noting:-

Firstly it is a historical fact that the Northern half of this country has basically been economically and financially bludgeoned up London bankers for over the last 100 years.

Secondly the North is where the vast majority of this countries old wealth was generated before being misappropriated down south.

Thirdly you do not see Chavs with Burberry Hats up here as they are predominantly a trademark of your own Chavs from down south.

Lastly why bother posting this as it has nothing whatsoever to do with this site.

PS. If you work for the BBC it might be worth finding alternative employment just in case you are seconded up here as you are probably mentally unprepared for life outside the big smoke.

• Enuii, can’t you take a joke? I am not from the south. I am actually from the midlands. And yes, the real wealth does come from outside the M25 and I really do get sick of the fat fake-rolex-wearing cheap suits on the tube.

I was rather hoping someone would raise the flag of the north in response so well done. I am leaving London soon, it is just so bloody soul destroying!

• What has this got to do with house price economics?

• Crash Already! says:

Pedantic point: chavs are a Southern phenomenon – we have scallies in Manchester. The same thing as chavs only with less money, tackier shell-suits and bigger teeth.

• Cheekie Charlie says:

London is just one huge Bradford!

• Fedupwithhouseprices says:

Chavs are spread out country wide North and South. They are an embarrassment as examples of English people especially when they go abroad and are served by intelligent, polite, good looking Spaniard and Italian waiters. Oh and now they’re venturing out to places like Dubai! What must they all think of the English out there? It makes me cringe. What’s the matter with this country and some of the people who live in it? I thought the video was hilarious and thank goodness others see these people for what they are. What can we do about it though?

• Enuii, the slight relevance is because there was a post earlier about the BBC relocating thousands of staff from west London to Salford. The link should probably have been posted in that article’s comments rather than as a new blog post though.

A factual video about relative crime levels in London vs Manchester might have been of interest. Both cities have dangerous areas, both cities have large criminal populations who happily prey on the wealthier groups. This video doesn’t shed any light on the subject, alas.

I remember a time before the financial services boom, when New York and London were both infamous for high levels of crime and general unpleasantness to live in. We tend to take for granted the relative safety of the city these days. However the era of high crime could yet return – and if crime increases in London then fewer people will want to live there, and house prices could fall significantly.

• Although the video is funny I have to admit, I have spent soem considerable time up near Manchester Rochdale etc. and the place is brilliant – I think there may be a problem though with it being contaminated by the BBC moving up there.

• Bit tame – I could have scripted it better..:)

I vaguely recall the ‘I took to bed with me’ version – can’t recall all the verses – bit rude..!

• cheap!! I live in Hale Barns, try buying somewhere there that’s cheap

• I’ve lived in Sheffield, London and Birmingham and I’ve always thought the North to be a land more digified and pragmatic than the frothy and opportunistic South. I’ve always thought Chavs to be an essentially southern “geeza” phenomenon.

And as for the south crapping on the North, well that’s been true historically – Matrix Churchill making superguns for the axis of evil? Or face-saving for corrupt MPs caught with teir hands in the cookie jar?

The exception (and lets be clear – we can’t have it both ways) of course is Northern Rock which has become a political issue. With the taxpayers’ loan of GBP60bn to the ailing bank (and the promise that further bailing will be offered if house prices and therefore the value of their assets drop significantly), every man woman and child in the UK is stumping up a thousand quid to keep their broken little business going.

Now that’s corruption with a capital ‘C’.

• My comment above excludes Manchester I’m afraid, which I’ve always considered to be run down and crime-infested (from personal experience).

• Have to agree with people correcting the original OP, “chavs” are a southern phenomenon, it’s “charvas” where I am, and yes they is more difference then just a slight grammatical one.