Saturday, December 22, 2007

School Report 2007

Gordon Brown

After weeks of depressing new about house prices crashing and banks going bust it is time to have some fun. I have started a wiki page on Gordon Brown 2007 school report. Feel free to amend as it will only get better.

Posted by who stole my pension? @ 07:43 AM (1312 views)

13 thoughts on “School Report 2007

• Amusing!
    What I would like to say about the incompetent despot is probably not appropriate for a school report.

It’s clear though that in the distance Brown’s day of economic reckoning is approaching and that he will be little more than roadkill in its wake.

• planning4acrash says:

But, would the Tories have done any better?

• it_is_going_with_a_bang says:

Who knows. But thats no excuse.

• I doubt the Tories would have done any better but I think many people expected more from Labour. They were out of power for nearly 20 years, whilst Thatcher raped and pillaged. 1997 was like a breath of fresh air and I think people weren’t expecting more raping and pillaging albeit with a smile on the face of the transgressor. Sadly, it seems that it is yet to dawn on very many what has been going on.

• “who stole my pension” – that is why I will never vote for him…

• planning4acrash said:
    >>But, would the Tories have done any better?

I don’t believe they could have done any worse.
    This Labour party are rife with sleaze, incompetence and the average punter on the street now is subject to the highest tax burden since Labour of the 70’s. Week after week if not day after day another crisis hits the Labour party. The type of crisis are not due to international affairs but are derived from the corruption and incompetence within the Labour party.
    Sadly the current illigitimate PM is indicitive of the rotting putrified malaise that is the current Labour party.

During my adult life I don’t think I’ve ever known a time where a government needs replacing with as much urgency as this current government do.
    Will this be the tories? It most probably will. Personally I’m sat on the fence as to where my vote will go but I can absolutely state without a shadow of doubt that I will NOT vote Labour.

• But, would the Tories have done any better?

They probably would have handled the economy in much the same way. However I don’t think they would have p!ssed so much up the wall on the public sector. It isn’t just private finances that are in a shocking state.

• “But, would the Tories have done any better?”

No, because they’re two sides of the same problem, and Thatcher and her lot laid the foundations that these clowns have “built” on.

When will people realise they’re ALL useless, and it is only when we get a “none of the above” box on the ballot slip will anything change – at the moment, whatever box we put our “X” in, we get more of the same.

So make a meaningful resolution this year – DON’T vote for ANY of them, it just encourages them…

• I think it is irrelevant to even have the discussion as to whether the Tories would have done any better. if you look across the western world the same kind of scenerio is playing out regardless of which side of the political divide the ruling party errs.

To quote Gandalf in reply to Frodo wishing that none of it had happened: “So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.”

The question is not to worry about what has happened, or what could have happened, but armed with the information that it is happening, the question should be “What are we going to do?”

• Who Stole My Pension? says:

Whether the Tories would have done better is a valid question however, not one that I want to dwell on. Other than to say that Thatcher was aware of the problem that inflation caused. The increasing cost of her weekly shopping being milk, cheese and bread being one of the factors that got her elected. The Tories were also aware of the problem of the bloated state sector and high taxes. However, we all know that there are downsides to the Tories.

I think a more interesting question is why have some other European states that also had low interest rates not got themselves in to such a mess? For example Germany had low interest rates but they have not had a housing bubble. To me this means that governments can manage economies correctly but only if the electorate are prepared to hold them to account. This unfortunately is where I think the problem is. In the U.K we tend to either vote Labour or Tory for all our lives without stopping to ask ourselves what their policies are and what will be the impact of these policies. If we get fed up we simply stop voting – this lack of voting is a shame as millions of people have died so that we can vote. The politicians know how we vote and they very firmly believe that pre-election they can promise us everything, and then post-election forget all their promises. In short we do not hold them to account for their failure to deliver. This we need to change. Politicians raise all our hopes and expectations and then disapoint us – we must change this by being more though fall in who we choose to vote for. But, for me, not voting is not an option.

If we like we can also set up a school report for David Cameron. This will at least make them think harder.

• who stole my pension? says:

Whether the Tories would have done better is a valid question however, not one that I want to dwell on. Other than to say that Thatcher was aware of the problem that inflation caused. The increasing cost of her weekly shopping being mik, cheese and bread being one of the factors that got her elected. The Tories were also aware of the problem of the bloated state sector and high taxes. However, we all know that there are downsides to the Tories.

I think a more interesting question is why have some other European states who also had low interest rates not got themselves in to such a mess? For example Germany had low interest rates but they have not had a housing bubble. To me this means that goverments can manage economies correctly but only if the electorate are prepared to hold them to account. This unfortunantly is where I think the problem is. In the U.K we tend to either vote Labour or Tory for all our lives without stopping to ask ourselves what their policies are and what will be the impact of these policies. If we get fed up we simply stop voting – this lack of voting is a shame as millions of people have died so that we can vote. The politicians know how we vote and they very firmly believe that pre-election they can promise us everything, and then post-election dump all their promises. In short we do not hold them to account for their failure to deliver. This we need to change. Politicians raise all our hopes and expectations and then dissapoint us – we must change this by being more thoughtful in whom we choose to vote for. But, for me, not voting is not an option as people have died so that we can vote.

If we want we can also have a school report for David Cameron as hopefully this will at least make them think harder.

Anyway I am going back to have some fun – I shall add expectation management to Gordon report!

• Who stole my pension?, I’ve said this a few times, so apologies if I’m being too repetative, but I think that for 10 years this country has been bought off (sadly they don’t realise it’s with their own money). The severity of the sh*t storm that is about to hit this country will, at least for a while, shake a lot of people out of their state of apathy. Hopefully the British will then get a bit more militant and start bringing politicans to account. This country is about to find out that all the money is gone and there’s nothing to show for it and that’s going to cause some serious problems for the authorities.

• who stole my pension? says:

Wiltshire,

I agree I think another problem we have is that we do not complain enough. The French government would never be allowed to do what we let our government do.