Monday, October 22, 2007

BTL repossessions, ah ahah ahhah ahhah

Over-sold, over-rated and over here

Andy Verity is the BBC journalist hero who s had the guts to unmask the housing market. Watch the second episode this week. "American-owned sub-prime mortgage lenders have been funding mortgage rescue schemes in the UK – leaving people homeless when the schemes collapse. These schemes – which offer people a means of escaping their mortgage debts – are typically run by ordinary investors. They have been buying buy-to-let properties and building empires, some with the help of sub-prime lenders. But now, as a new BBC2 TV series, The Truth About Property, reveals, a growing number of the schemes are collapsing because the borrowers cannot afford to keep up the mortgage payments – leaving their tenants facing the consequences when the properties are repossessed." Uaah ahhah ahhah uuuahhhah

Posted by confused76 @ 01:45 PM (1681 views)

17 thoughts on “BTL repossessions, ah ahah ahhah ahhah

• Sick Of Ridiculous Laughter Comments says:

I do wish that Confused76 would stop the childish use of the hahahahahahahahahah crap that they keep writing – it really does belittle the seriousness of the content referred to – STOP IT PLEASE!!

• ” leaving their tenants facing the consequences”

which is why, once they have been financially ruined, the BTL social disasters need to be properly punished for the upset they have caused so many non-greedy ordinary folk.

• The chap who wrote this is the presenter on ‘The Truth about Property’. I applaud his work. One of the biggest issues I’ve had to deal with has been checking that my partner is in agreement with my views about property. Thankfully, due to my summaries of what has been unfolding and ‘The Truth about Property’ she is at my side as I wait for us to buy a house and start a family. She was especially touched by the comments Mr Verity and his wife had to make about their own situation, since that must have taken guts! My partner and I look forward to the next one on Thursday.

• I agree with disillusioned.

I myself was ridiculed by my ex-girlfriend for (A) Selling my two bedroom house in September 2005 and banking the cash and (B) not re-investing in the property market before I ‘lost’ any more money. (? Yes, I was confused by her statement as well!). She had two properties at the time and was holding out on a sale on a property in Palmers Green, as he was offered £250k back in June for a two-bedroom property she owns and refused this as her asking price was £265K. I tried in vain to convince her to take the offer and to explain to her that £265K was taking the property over the threshold thus reducing her potential buyers but she wouldn’t listen and wanted more cash! She subsequently was offered 263K a few weeks later but the buyer pulled out of the sale a few weeks later. We have since split up (for other reasons other than property disagreements!), last I heard it was back on the estate agents books for a 250k asking price and she had yet to find a buyer (Sept 2007). As the old saying goes, ‘you can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink’ spring to mind…..

Meanwhile, my ‘cash’ is sitting pretty in 4 seperate savings accounts earning top notch interest, not as much as I would have made had I held onto my property for an extra year but its its easy to say in hind sight! Still, I have no debts and am renting a friends property at a reduced ‘friends rate’ for a year whilst he is away working in India, I now watch the market with interest in a similar position to that of Mr Verity. A great programme which was thoroughly insightful, looking forward to part 2.

• Re comment 1

There is always one who allows their focus to be compromised by tripping up over their bottom lip!
    Keep your sense of humour, and thus your rationality

Life is too serious to be too serious!

Ha ha

• I think we should allow ‘confused’ his harmless laughter foible. After all, we haven’t had much to keep us amused over the past 2-3 years. That said, I often envisage some form of Vincent Price character contained within the ‘Confused’ household.

• Uncle Chris.
    I don’t mind his laughter either. But I don’t see Vincent Price. Perhaps its his name (Confused) but I see him more as a hysterical nutty professor type – probably all the children’s cartoons I’ve been watching with my offspring recently! 🙂

• Here I am…

Uaaaaaaaaaahhh uaaaaaaaaaahaahahhh uaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhaaaaaaaaaaahhh
    uuaaauuuauuuaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahhah ahahhhhhhaaa uaaaaaa aahhaha hahhahhahha

and to listen to my original laughter…

• tyrellcorporation says:

confused76… keep it going dude. You’ve earned your bloody stripes on this site matey! 😉

…3 years and counting – GULP!

• Oh it’s laughter I thought he was just over excited about that 80’s Norwegian lot releasing a new album so kept repeating there name 🙂

• I enjoy all of your postings,even when you have a go at me, Humour is high emotional health, by the very nice persons that goes on the personal questining are generally chronic covert hostiles or people with a duplititious fascade.

• Freudian slip here, must be talking about estate agents and mortgage brokers

• Waitinginspain says:

I like the laughing… Why not have a good gaffhaw!!! hahahahahahahahaha ha ha hahahahahhahaha confused76(c)

• Well I think we’re all going to have the last laugh, so Confused might as well get in some practice…

• Gents, for any of you still with (brain-washed) ladies who cannot see the merits of waiting for prices to return to sense, I
    suggest you invest in Merry Someset Webb’s book for Xmas. There is a great section in there which pretty much advocates
    what we have been saying on hear:

Love Is Not Enough: A Smart Woman’s Guide to Making (and Keeping) Money (Hardcover)

• yes confused keep on with your dr evil style laughing its cool

• autopilotengage says:

Bit of laughter never hurt anyone.