Thursday, October 25, 2007

Average house price down £1,239 in September

House price growth falls 1% in September

Assetz said: "The average price of a UK property has also fallen, from £213,954 in August to £212,715 in September, a 0.5% drop in prices" Why do these [email protected] still use the G-word (I mean growth) Uaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Posted by confused76 @ 04:23 PM (2179 views)

34 thoughts on “Average house price down £1,239 in September

• The latest guru, Stuart Law of Assetzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    said that

“The recent credit-crunch ‘storm’ has proved prosperous for property investors who are now experiencing significant rental demand and rent rises across most of the country due to homebuyer indecision and low first-time buyer demand.”

ahhahhahh ahhahha hahhaha auaaaa uuuuaaaaaaaaaaaahhhha ahahhah

• Assetz index and thus their analysis based on is obviously fairly meaningless as they don’t understand the data used to compile it. The Rightmove data in September was heavily slanted by the reduction in 4+ bedroom properties coming onto the market due to HIPS, and hence has nothing to do with an actual fall in house prices, though I think the November figures will show such a fall.

• Why are American houses roughly half the price of ours? Also why do you geezers insist on anonymity: this stuff is hardly actionable?

• This isn’t a fall in price, its merely growing slower….

• “Why are American houses roughly half the price of ours?”

much more open land there makes prices lower
    price LEVELS are effect of demand and supply

an annual housing inflation above 10% is NOT an effect of demand and supply, whoever claims that says [email protected]
    it is just stupid speculation

• There is not such a premium on land in the US. Hence the housing correction there does not have such a negative impact on sentiment as it would here. Many more americans own shares

• I think we agreed to ‘unmask’ at a party outside the Land Registry Offices when house prices have officially fallen by 40% from the peak.

Not long now 🙂

• @Dbc Reed
    I always thought American houses are cheap because most of them are in the middle of nowhere. Appartments in Manhatten are pretty expensive I think.
    Also I think HPC posters are not worried about being identified, but they use pen names just like other blog sites do.
    regards,
    Cyril Knowlesworthy

• “I think we agreed to ‘unmask’ at a party outside the Land Registry Offices when house prices have officially fallen by 40% from the peak.”

agreed, the location is quite nice if we have good weather, tentatively May / June 2008

we should all wear white T-shirts with our login names on (both front and rear) that should be easy for each of us to get them printed locally (or just use a big marker pen)

the question weather we should invite David Smith, Alan Greenspan, Mervyn King, Krusty, Evan Davis, the Queen and Gordon Brown (with his Alistar muppet) has to be debated in the coming months

• Question really is should we invite David20040_0?? Actually, im sure he wouldnt be able to find the place anyway! Brainless twit that he is! I want a mega crash but it cant happent etc etc..

• I find this website really informative and enjoy reading the articles posted. However, whilst I feel a crash would be good for us all (and I am a home owner, ex buy to letter) I don’t enjoy all the Ha! Ha! Has from confused 76. Whilst there are lots of people who have cashed in on the boom, there are plenty of ordinary people who will be in a terrible position with the only crime they committed being taht they tried to put a roof over their families heads. From the number of articles you post I can only assume you are obsessed with the property market and spend all day surfing for evidence of a crash. I presume you are rented accommodation, middle aged and have completely missed out on this property boom – I on the other hand struggled in 1992 to buy a flat, let it out etc etc In short whatever happens I’m 41 and financially secure as a result no matter what happens so here it is Ha,Ha haaaaaaaaaaaa!!! to you PS how much has your rent gone up by recently HAAA Haaaaaa!!! Hahhh

• My wife makes very nice cakes and sausage rolls – any takers ?

• “Also why do you geezers insist on anonymity: this stuff is hardly actionable?”

Eh… that is my name so unmasked already, however if there’s a party going on….

• eyeoftheweasel says:

Does she make vegetarian/vegan ones?

• I am sure I wouldn’t be welcome anyway.

If people didn’t want me to come I wouldn’t.

• This Stuart Law bloke must be Glorious Sunshine, remember him?

Falling house prices… er, nothing to worry about, they’ll rise again next month. If they don’t, they will the month after that….

• dohousescrashinthewoods says:

I’m definitely up for it. My wife is a cracking cook too. It will be a very special day – about 4 years in the making. Maybe we can bring along hand (m)puppets if the invited guests decline.

I wonder if any of the great bloggers of the past will come? And those who had enough an decided to buy – I remember a spate about a year ago.

• Aw David don’t talk like that! Why don’t you turn up anyway and cast a spell on somebody 🙂
    Seriously I think debate is a good think and that you haven’t been out just to wind people up, but expressed doubts that I for one have had myself in the last few years as a blogger.

• David20040_0, you’re right you’re not welcome. None of your posts are ever relevant so I’ll ask AGAIN why do you bother with this site? Why not just stop whining and buy a house.

• If it happens I will turn up and take all the flak from planningforacrash and confused etc.

🙂

• I’ve been viewing this site for several months now and enjoy the debate & banter.

On the issue of prices I always look in my local estate agent window as I walk the dog and it is now interesting to see the properties in the window with stickers on the original prices now £3K to £10K lower on houses that were £154K to £200K.

PS can I bring my dog to the HPC party!

• I’m not anonymous. I use Wiltshire as it’s less formal but it’s actually Nicholas Jonsonby-Ponsonby, Duke Of Wiltshire.

As for anonymity, I think it’s a good idea. You never know whether this site is being watched by MI6. The Thought Police (Economic Indoctrination Division) are very active round these parts………

Regards,

Wiltshire.

• After being a lurker for many months…. David I will employ you to turn up on the day! I should be easy to spot, I will be selling wet kippers, tar(or cheaper non peak substitute) and feathers. Oh and all others take note, I will only take gold as payment :0)

70/30 split on all sales………..deal?

• I drink to all you Great Men and Women posting here and spit on those that are EA’s MB’s etc, that post her covertly. It has been a long time comming. Longer than I had expected. Many chains have snapped and my local estate agent offices, today have no sale agreed signs on there adverts. I hope that their head office closes them down. It the Internet now and it rules. Free speach at long last. Thank God for wWindows and Microsoft etc..

• It will be interesting to see how the face of the high street changes with the house price crash. Many years ago, our high streets were all butchers and bakers and candlestick makers. Today they are mostly mobile phone shops and estate agents. As housing turnover plummets, the estate agencies will close up shop. New businesses will take their place but I can’t think what they will be?

• Yes it is true, i surf the web looking for articles supporting house price crash theories, and I live in rented accomodation.
    I do not work, i really do not need to. I have enough money invested to cover all my living expenses, pay for private education for my 76 children, and of course holidays, a second rented accomodation by the sea, a third rented house on the Alps etc.
    The stock market has nicely provided me and my family with the little we need to cover our budget.
    Of course I do not pay taxes, all offshore. My landlord is a non dom, so we can nicely set the bill in BVI.
    On my spare time, I am studying for a PhD in Evil Science and the house price crash is my research topic.

Ah ahhah ahhhh ahhhhhha hhaa aahhhhhhhhh ahahhahha hahhah
    uuuaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    uuauua auuauhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

PS: my rental has gone up by zero% in the past 5 years (well in fact it came down quite a bit round 2003, and hasn’t recovered since)

• David
    we love you!
    there is no party without David_2004!

• confused76,
    ha,ha,ha great response to Dobbsie’s earlier post.Keep up with the dr Evil laugh.i reckon June 08 for the party.where are land registry offices?I think it would be better held outside one of the major financial institutions in the city so we can really “rub their noses in it”.
    Dobbsie
    we are all aware that the impending hpc is going to cause a lot of pain for many,many people.The BTL crowd and those who have overstretched themselves to get that bigger “dream house” who will probably be in trouble due to there own greed do not deserve any sympathy.The only people that i will feel sorry for are the FTB’s who have brought in the last 3 to 4 years who will end up losing there homes and a lot of money.As for all the Spiv EA’s and bank/building society workers who will lose there jobs,oh dear what a shame.
    PS My rent went up by less than 1% in July i was a bit annoyed still i shall by moving again in January,theres plenty of rental properties in Chelmsford so i will easily get a bigger place for less rent simply because the rental market is competive because of the oversupply.Thanks to all the BTL muppet landlords for creating that,cheers.

• Dobbsie,

I’m 29 and very annoyed I’m going to have to wait till my mid 30’s before I can buy a house.

I hate BTL ers, I know everyone is one and they aren’t neccesarily horrible people, but when I look for a new house to move in to I have to worry these days whether the owner will be about to sell or get reposessed. S0d em quite frankly, they went looking for an easy buck and are now getting their just desserts.

Well done by the way on your successful climb of the ladder, but I think the haahaaa’s aren’t directed to the honest young people who’ve just bought a house and may well lose out, just the ones who are playing our housing stock like the stockmarket (i.e. buying for capital appreciation) and effing it up for the rest of us.

• Dobbsie, we like the ah ha,ha,ha,ha! I love to chuckle along with confused76. I too am a renter and my rent has only gone up 3% in two years – probably less than my overstretched buy-to-let landlord pays in credit card interest each month! I don’t believe for a second that all those who will suffer in this crash are just poor hard working families who struggled to put a roof over the heads of their family. There’s a lot of stupidity and greed out there and it’s time for us to laugh at them.

• Hahahahahaha, small local EA looking like it could fold soon. Hahahahahaha

• I reckon that eBay should have a new category whereby BTL landlords have to bid downwards to get tennants.

Prospective tennant places a rental wanted advert.
    Landlords then throw in their offers.
    Lowest one wins.
    QED

• David Smith's Sub Prime. . . says:

Doobsie,

Do you read any economics then?