Wednesday, September 26, 2007

When the fat Lady sings?!

BARRATT warns of Housing Slowdown!!!

"But Barratt said the long-term picture for house prices was still positive". What, in that house prices should be 3.5x wages on average and in that the long term sustainable price continues to rise?! What exactly is a slowdown? What a non-commital term, how long until the slowdown becomes crash, becomes slump, becomes meltdown?!

Posted by planning4acrash @ 09:31 AM (1019 views)

6 thoughts on “When the fat Lady sings?!

• Well Barratt could actually help the situation by making affordable housing …. well …. genuinely affordable to the people that need them. I suspect Barratt have massive land banks and if they prices sensibly i.e. £60,000 – £90,000 for decent well-built homes, then there wouldn’t be a slowdown. What they are saying is that they can’t sell their houses for silly prices anymore.

• I saw a Barratt advert on the television a couple of days ago. It was the first one I have seen from a UK housebuilder in recent years. Maybe they’re starting to have trouble shifting their houses. Next thing you know that bloke in the helicopter will be back.

Makes a change from that Polaris Worl chap though.

• if that fat lady far*s god help us all…lol

• The problem is they will have paid a tidy sum for the land, so they might make a loss if they sold the houses cheaply.
    My guess is they’ll start building more affordable housing in future i.e. government funded through the Housing Corporation. The Gov looks after the banks, why not the building industry?

• funny you say helicopter, watching TV last night there was a barratt advert on, I hadnt seen one of these for ages…

and don’t you think the helicopter was a “look at me I can buy this from the masses of profit you idiots give me when you buy houses from us.”…lol………..

All I can afford for the next advert is an old robin reliant…, the crash came and I was so stupid I didn’t see it coming I thought houseprices would go up forever…

• That bloke in the helicopter was Michael Barratt (no relation)