Friday, September 21, 2007

Recent Press Coverage pointing towards a snap election

Calls For A Snap Election

Recent press articles from London, Daily Mail and others are all pointing towards a snap election in October. The Daily Mail even stated yesterday that Brown was widely reported as favouring an early election, before tax hikes early next year and before the fall force of people coming off fixed rate mortgage deals starts to hit home. I think the PM knows exactly whats coming and his only hope is an early election.

Posted by dbnazz1 @ 02:55 PM (1085 views)

10 thoughts on “Recent Press Coverage pointing towards a snap election

• Friend of a friend of mine is a bank manager.
    He is holding several companies’ futures in the balance at present because his bank isn’t lending to anyone.
    If this is common place, expect a lot of insolvencies and redundancies in the coming months.

• I wouldn’t be at all surprised if we have a snap election. GB must know that the sub-prime mess is going to spread this autumn. Were he to wait 12 months, even the inept Tories might give him a kicking. One thought does come to mind: perhaps the Tories are putting up such a useless job in opposition at present because they know what’s coming, and would rather not inherit it. Much better to be in opposition when the whole thing goes pear-shaped.

• Ihopeitgoeswithabang says:

Wouldn’t put it past the sly ugly old fox.
    In my opinion he is full of bulls**t and lies.
    Unfortunately that just makes him a politican!
    I to want him to win purely so that he can stand a really good chance of sinking in his own sh1te over the next few years.

• Two things stand out for me when thinking about an election:
    1: The pathetic state of the opposition. Most conservatives are more happy playing with themselves and petty internal arguments then attempting to become government. Sir Menzies, FFS. I’ve voted Lib Dem last couple of times due to lack of choice but I can’t seriously consider Lib Dem. Even though I’m sure Sir Menzies is a lovely chap Lib Dem need to sort themselves out.

2: The majority of the British public are stupid and through the sheer volume of Labour’s nanny state policies and reality TV and spin via the BBC are too dumb to realise that Labour have turned Britain in a crime ridden chav infested country.

Saying all that the Conservatives could have wrapped the whole thing up easily as Brown has all the charisma of a wet rag.

• I’d rather brown stayed in “office”, then he can clean up his own sh*t.

• God help us all if GB get’s back in power.

If he calls an election I think he is in for some trouble with petrol prices. Plus we have not had the last of this market turmoil yet, plus I keep praying something nasty is going to happen to start a HPC sooner rather than later….

• GB will get back into power, Labour are on 41% and the Tories are on 32%.

He is pretty much guaranteed to get back in.

What I can’t understand is why every election time they are voted back in.

However high benefits and high immigration is probably helping Labour.

• “However high benefits and high immigration is probably helping Labour.”

Really? I doubt the benefit dependents and recent immigrants are big voters, so I don’t see how they can help Labour.

• David. IMO Labour is voted back in because there are no decent alternatives. The other 2 parties don’t exactly come across as being knights in shining armour capable of rescuing the country from a decade of dodgy decisions.

However – trying to be positive, even if I don’t feel it – your figures above may change between now and the election. Besides, I thought the election winner is not necessarily the one with most votes, but the one who wins most constituencies. If enough Tory voters in areas of huge Tory majority moved into areas where Labour only has slight majority with Tories coming close second – hey presto! More seats for the Tories even though no additional votes! Something to think about when considering where next to rent!

• It seems utterly incredible that the Conservatives could not win against this joke of a government, yet I believe that’s what will happen. Both the Tories and the Lib Dems screwed their chances by electing the wrong leaders – this was their chance in a lifetime. One can do nothing but despair at the selection of clueless losers we have to vote for – it seems Britain is doomed – if there is an election, I reckon on a turnout of less than 30% with the choices available.