Friday, September 14, 2007

I’ve been saying this would happen for a long time

CHRISTIANS PREPARE FOR RAPTURE AS HOUSE PRICES DIP

TUMBLING house prices and the bail out of the Northern Rock will lead to the resurrection of the dead, Armageddon and the beginning of the End Times, leading Christians confirmed today.

Posted by mrmickey @ 09:59 AM (965 views)

11 thoughts on “I’ve been saying this would happen for a long time

• Wow, thats heavy.

• When I saw Gordo nuzzling up to Maggi I knew the end can’t be far off.

• “… and will we be as safe as houses?”

• Bailing out of N-R can be justified for the sake of those bona fide savers in the bank. Sorry about those British subprime house buyers. It all proves stupidity is a costly attribute.

• I predict that northern rock will bounce back and that house prices will continue to boom

• oooh gordo and maggi, what a thought, hot chicks hot chicks hot chicks…lol

must clear my mind and think of hot chicks…lol

• I think the bloke in Dundee was winding them up or was taken out of context.

The end is supposed to be unexpected, but Mervyn has know about the sub-prime credit crunch for ages, as have people on this site!

• dohousescrashinthewoods says:

I think that’s a bit unfair. I know a lot of Christians who are quite normal. The headline seems to tar them all as whackos and religious nuts.

• Larry Pickleman says:

“I know a lot of Christians who are quite normal. The headline seems to tar them all as whackos and religious nuts.”

ha ha ha, that’s on oxymoron if ever I heard one!

Might as well say “I know some fat people who don’t eat much”.

• Taking out the obvious exaggerations from this article, I don’t think it’s quite a wacky as it’s made out to be.

Christians expect a time where there will be a one world corrupt government system which controls banking, high wheat prices, large scale famine, war which will centre on Israel and widespread fatal disease(s). Bearing in mind all this was written in the bible around 2,000 years ago I don’t think it is so very wacko. But then, it’s been the same for bearish HPC fans. They’ve also been rediculed and scorned for their beliefs even though they have history to back their views….

Who are the real whackos – those who believe the signs or those dismiss the signs without even understanding them, let alone studying them.

• dohousescrashinthewoods says:

Larry, I disagree strongly. You’re putting the effect in place of the cause. Most nuts will claim some kind of “religion”, but it is in fact no religion at all (case in point, no suicide bomber can truly be a muslim).

Look at it the other way round and you will see that people who quietly have faith are generally the good guys, or at least no more flawed and human than the rest of us. Think of the thousands of ordinary muslims who are apalled that their faith is being tarnished by the vacuous claims of people who clearly have no interest in islam.

To paint a disturbing pastiche, say someone rounds up a bunch of thugs, persuades them to attend a few science lectures and gets them to loudly profess undying allegiance to genetics, science and evolution, then has them go out and behave like animals, burn schools where it is alleged that Creationism has been discussed and murder people with any religious persuasion whatsoever. Does that mean that all scientists are nuts?

Of course not. You would tell me quite categorically that these people are nuts, they have no true connection to science and they are probably being used to further someone’s political agenda. We already have Richard Dawkins lobbying the thought police, don’t let’s let it get worse. Faith is not a disease any more than atheism is. If it were, someone would start campaigning for “ethnic cleansing”.

I therefore tell you categorically that religious people are not nuts – or for that matter any less human than you.