Wednesday, September 5, 2007

China heading for the EXIT buy buy Dollar!!!!

Is China selling bonds?

Looks like China has taken steps to avoid getting the American flew.

Posted by lee @ 08:44 PM (1074 views)

9 thoughts on “China heading for the EXIT buy buy Dollar!!!!

• Well if they aren’t then they need their heads examined!! But I think they are much more switched on in Beijing than in London or New York. I mean do you really rate our trash leaders Yo Bush and Nero Brown?? Well do you?

• I bet they are. They aren’t allowed to spend them after all. Too too many though, how will they do it? I am just me however, I am not a country with a billion people holding trillions of dollars.
    I wouldn’t be surprised if they had more than one person thinking about this!

• Hmm.. lets see. What do you do once you have liquidated all your US Dollar assets and moved them out of dollars?

Do you then cut or loosen the currency tie?

• Holding US treasuries makes no sense for the Chinese, as their currency is rising against the dollar at a faster pace than the interest they earn.

– but what do they move into?

Given the bad news in the markets, and US economic predictions, oil looks surprisingly buoyant…

• lee,

Do you mean “bye bye dollar” NOT “buy buy dollar”?

• Practically, what does this mean?

That there is a run on the dollar?

If so then I suppose that is….

…unless IR’s rise?

Oh dear oh dear oh dear….

Fortune is not smiling on the USA at the moment then?

• Ihopeitgoeswithabang says:

Since the US has made a big point of trying to dump every Chinese toy they can find I would have thought if I was Chinese, i’d probably start throwing my toys back out of the pram and take my dollars back!
    The chinese really don’t need nukes do they? Just play around with the their US Dollars to rattle their cage! lol

I would imagine the reason is simply an economic one, but you just never know 100% !
    Maybe it should read
    “Looks like China has taken steps make American get the flu!”

• The US dollar is a bit like the housing market one year ago. Everyone knows it’s overvalued (against the Chinese currency) but nobody knows when it’s going to fall. Just like the housing market nobody likes to sit on the sidelines watching others make money. When it does fall, it will probably crash suddenly like the pound did in 1992.

The strange thing about financial markets is that they rise slowly and gradually, but crash spectacularly quickly. This applies to shares, currencies, and most other easily-traded assets. It doesn’t apply so easily to housing because housing is less liquid, but the housing crash should still happen a lot faster than the rise.

• Bye bye dollar…….where are hedge funds and far east banks going to put their money now……gold.