Monday, August 6, 2007

Laugh I nearly slit my throat

Average English house price will top £300,000 in five years, says study

The average house price in England will rise by 40% in five years to break the £300,000 barrier, according to research published today by the National Housing Federation.

Posted by yes @ 03:33 PM (361 views)

8 thoughts on “Laugh I nearly slit my throat

• Should people who make there comments be sued for fraud if it does not happen or for misleading people for their personal gain?
    Guess who came out with this comment the National Housing Association.
    Or is it just a cry for help or last respite before the ship sinks.

• I think you will see increasingly desperate press releases like this as the whole market flounders. When things were ticking along nicely there wasn’t need for “the market will be 20 times earning in 10 years” stories – which are obviously designed to panic a “greater fool” into financial suicide. No doubt these releases may have influenced the market in part (there are alot of gullible people out there) but increasingly the greater fools are not being given the money, which is why the NHF are now dropping hints that parents will have to chip in to continue funding the madness. NHF, if you have any sense – just drop your prices!!!!! Very easy solution for all concerned.

• I think I better buy some houses. NOT!!!

• John Squire says:

I read this report,and deepak is correct if these people predick large increases in house prices saying they are experts.Then if the increase does not happen then they should be sacked for incompetence if they genuinely believed what they said,or sued for misleading the general public if they admit to lying (either way we get them)
    As a follow up I read a report that NSO office said average wages have iincreased by 95% since 1997,and house prices by 200%
    But the housing association put the figures at less than 40% for wages ,and 160% for houses
    Surley it cannot be that difficult to calculate the figures

• Still-waiting says:

Deepak, it’s not the “National Housing Association” which you seem to imply represents private developers or estate agents, it is the National Housing Federation which represents housing associations.

Still, the NHF have really got my goat with this report. Maybe if people like them stopped making wild predictions of house price increases, then people would stop paying higher and higher prices as they desperately try and get in on the investment.

• Still-waiting says:

Likewise, uncle chris… the NHF has no control over house prices, it just represents organisations that provide social housing.

• If I made claims like this to my clients I would be fined by the FSA.

• dohousescrashinthewoods says:

So what we’re saying is that charlatans prosper in unregulated markets by making unsubstantiated claims to uninformed clients about unrealisable gains in order to make unfair profits?