Saturday, July 21, 2007

UK houses prices rising but FTB’s keep coming

UK houses prices rising but FTB's keep coming

When Gordon Brown was Chancellor he was responsible for the production of several reports from various economists which were supposed to shake-up the market for home loans and modernise Britain’s planning laws...

Posted by the landlord assocation @ 01:47 PM (650 views)

24 thoughts on “UK houses prices rising but FTB’s keep coming

• Prices are not rising and FTBs are reducing in numbers.
    This has been posted by an idiot for his own ends. Sorry mate, you got on the bandwagon just as it is ready to stop and go in reverse. Professional investors have a saying; “Trees don’t grow to the sky”.

• the landlord assocation says:

Guys – please make yourself familiar with the following as it seems you still don’t get it! Please keep your comments to yourself as we are all here to debate news supplied by whomever. And to be honest is none of your business:
    When you own your own business I will be happy to listen to what you have to say or better still read your news.

Until that inprobable day I will continue to supply news and to read the news from other sources and authors. (2 things you guys need to also know the difference between).

• Dean,

Anyone can set up a website. But to claim you have a business, you need a revenue stream. I seriously doubt a loser like you is capable of generating one. If by some miracle, you have, I am sure your costs far exceed it and that your business will be short lived.

….And where did you get the silly notion that we are here to debate “news supplied by whomever” (Is ‘whomever’ a word?). No, we’re not. We here to ridicule and share stories about losers and soon-to-be bankrupts like good self.

• Hi Dean

No need to direct every rag through this website please. I come here for informative debate on the state of the economy and particularly house prices. This article, supposedly from a website called ‘landlordexperts’, is about as VI as it gets. And goes on to be extremely uninformative, unless you are counting telling us yesterday’s news, generated by some journalist with no degree generating pulp to sell newspapers.

If I were interested in what parts of the uk are good to buy in, I would buy where house prices have not gone up 33 percent in the last four years. This is just marketing.

As for ‘own your own business’, I don’t think being a BTL’er quite measures up to ‘running your own business’. That’s just working for yourself. Loads of contractors do that all the time. Same goes for registering your own company. I can buy one off the shelf over the net. If you really want to weigh in on that scale, answer this question.

How many people work for you?

And please don’t count your wife or your kids.

• I semi agree with Dean he has the right to a conflicting view about HPC and the right to post here, he does not however have the right to post from a positively biased website he affiliates too and call that news.

Dean

If you want to post and call it upbeat news about house prices then go find some, making up your own doesnt count and earns zero respect

• The reason Bracknell is good for First time buyers is because its cheap in an area of the country where house prices are crazy. Most people in this area dont have much choice, you either live in a place like Bracknell or Aldershot, or right next to the M3 and let the hum of the cars send you to sleep.

“BRACKNELL is a bargain town for first-time buyers to get on the property ladder”
    yes if you consider a 2 bed terrace in Bracknell for 180k a bargain…

“”A valuer from Halifax Estate Agents in Charles Square said: “I think it is true that Bracknell does provide a good standard of living,””
    I bet he doesn’t live in Bracknell though, probably in one of those gated estates over in Ascot.

• sold 2 rent 1 says:

Landlord,

It doesn’t matter how many extra clicks you get by posting links here, your revenue stream will stay flat and you will never sell your business.

I know this as I run a website that has made a pretax profit of 150K for each of the last 2 years. Small business are very difficult to sell and have to show exponential growth to attract buyers. If revenues go flat then selling is very difficult.

Time is running out to sell, landlord. You know in your heart that it will be finished by 2009.
    How about putting in some effort to find the next big thing. http://www.goldexpert.co.uk could be a winner.

• To WHOMSOEVER this might concern.
    TWELVE BTL properties within half a mile of my house came onto the “market” (no doubt the BTLers hope there still is a market) this week!!

• Landlord

just like your site, wiki isn’t an authoritative site either. You notice wiki says web syndication is either by ‘licencing’ or a ‘summary of content’, not post the whole article. If you really want to find out about copyright I suggest you visit the NLA and the CLA. The NLA are particularly aggressive about how content from newspapers is used and I’m sure they’d be delighted to hear from you.

• nopensionnohouse says:

Nicely put Sara.

Land Lord,

Bracknell News website terms & conditions state:

Use of the Sites and the Interactive Services.

The Sites and the Interactive Services are for personal and non-commercial use only. You may copy electronically and print portions of the Sites and/or the Interactive Services for your personal, non-commercial use only. In particular, you may not use any information from any directory or other listing or information retrieval service (if any) made available on or by any Site and/or the Interactive Services, in connection with any business or commercial undertaking (whether or not for profit). Any other use of materials on the Sites and/or the Interactive Services (including without limitation reproduction for a purpose other than that noted above and any modification, distribution or republication) without the prior written permission of Trinity Mirror Southern is strictly prohibited. You also agree not to deep-link and/or frame to any of the Sites for any purpose, unless specifically authorised by Trinity Mirror Southern to do so.

I presume you have an agreement in place with Bracknell News but just in case you forgot to mention it to them I have written to them on your behalf pointing them to your web site and in particular the news articles you copied.

I encourage everyone else here to do the same to all the other news sites… just in the interests of helping Dean stay on the right side of the copyright laws you understand.

We are doing him a favour… call it a form of tough love… if you get my drift.

We wouldn’t want Dean to fall foul of any laws now would we? That would be most unfortunate.

• David20040_0 says:

Landlord what exactly is your business and if it is supposedly so successful why do you waste time posting on this site?

• planning4acrash says:

So hey, I think that’s a great idea, hows about, not only we expose where the news is from but also copy an e-mail to the source so that they can also take it up with mr landlord.

• nopensionnohouse says:

I think it’s the only way forward. I have already “done this one”.

I asked if there was an agreement in place so that if there was I “could stop keeping an eye out for them”

Naturally if there is any reply of interest I’ll post it here.

• Clearly, I would not want to make an enemy of anyone in this forum.

• I find it interesting that the number of FTB’s are declining and those that remain are moving to Bracknell. Living right next door I don’t see what all the fuss is about.

So what they are revamping their shopping centre but so is Camberley and Feltham … all the best places to live.

• I would have thought that the HPC webmaster would have removed Landlords ability to post, I personally would have removed his priviledges if he was polluting my site.

• I’m so sick of the guy posting house price boom spin on a house price crash website.

What’s this ‘when you own your own business’ all about? You don’t know the first thing about any of the posters on this site. You’re just coming across as idiot.

• nopensionnohouse says:

Well I can see both sides to the HPC web masters dilemma. He has to appear impartial in order to maintain proper credibility.

LL can’t win this one. Lets give him a little more rope and he’ll soon disappear up his own @rse.

He’ll probably be OK as it’s a “non commercial venture”. Oh, the irony!

• planning4acrash says:

We can all e-mail the webmaster each, make a complaint about this person. The e-mail is on the home page and here, on this link: http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/contact-us.php

The webmaster can’t withdraw his right to post, anybody can post, but he take away administration privilages to make sure that his posts are moderated, or, put some conditions on him posting and see if he can redeem himself, tho I think that’s rather unlikely.

• Dean,

You’re plain old wrong again, my son. It is only you, isn’t it?

Cheers,

Bert.

• bidin'matime says:

But is the Webmaster impartial? As LandlordExpert advertises on this site, maybe this is all part of a ploy to stimulate this site to the benefit of both – and you lot keep falling for it…

I stopped clicking the links to so-called landlordexpert/landlord association’s site a long time ago and urged everyone else to do likewise. If the comments are few, particularly fewer than 6, then I don’t comment, but when it starts to get silly I have to say again – for god’s sake stop clicking his links and stop commenting on this guy and generating more interest in his site!!!

• Ihopeitgoeswithacrash says:

The little credibility he has is lost when he posts directly to his site.
    Why not post to where he gets the information?
    It is not exactly hard is it?
    But continuing to post to his website it just smacks of self interest and not a genuine post at all.
    When you see Landlord Association – do not follow the link!
    By all means post your views – just don’t follow the link!
    🙂

• the landlord assocation says:

Guys, when did you think I cared about FTBers clicking on my site??????

Our site is for landlords, and our members more importantly. Please do not click on my site as I do not want you on there.

You seem hell bent on causing arguments – I don’t know what I have done to upset you all but whatever satisfaction you get from posting pointless sabotage seems to give you something in your life.

This site is used by lots of property investors and landlords and so post it here for their discussion. Please would you all comment on news that effects you as none of you own a property or are lucky enough to be landlords. A point ‘you’ll all be very grateful for because the market is crashing’ bla bla bla bla.

Just a thought for you – just because you wish it or post here doesn’t mean it will happen.

Also, if you look back into the history of this websites blog (may/june07) you will notice ‘Confused76’ and others posted news on our behalf. We decided that as our news seemed relevant we would continue these feeds which has caused some GOOD conversation with landlords wishing to discuss such matters further.

Just thought you may like to know as some of you (including the very bloggers who have posted our news) seem to be hypocritical.