Monday, July 23, 2007

Dean, what are you trying to prove by regurgitating old news?…

Real experts predict a house price crash is unlikely - even those that thought it was going to happen!

This is a BBC article (I am posting the link in one of the comments) from April 12th. Then, the experts are also misquoted in the title, since the article also says "Capital Economics is predicting slow price growth over the next few years but with the caution that any significant rise in interest rates could lead to a crash." but Dean forgot to mention. Dear Dean, we have learned since April that IRs are rising to levels where common wisdom used to think "we will never see IRs at 6% again!" So therefore, Capital Economics is saying that a crash IS likely!

Posted by confused76 @ 02:28 PM (998 views)

32 thoughts on “Dean, what are you trying to prove by regurgitating old news?…

• uncle chris says:

The fact he even has to mention push this on his website shows how much trouble the BTL sector is in. Bye bye BTL …. thanks for coming …. NOT.

• david20040_0 says:

Capital Economics have been talking rubbish for years, in 2005 they said house prices would crash 20%.

Then in 2007 they said they had got it all wrong and they wouldn’t crash.

They don’t seem to be very consistent.

• dohousescrashinthewoods says:

It isn’t “if” but “when”

Fundamentals are long gone but it was (and is) anyone’s guess is how long it takes a ball of sring to unravel.

There is a consensus feeling for this Autumn, with the figures becoming visible Q1 next year. As the Market Oracle post mentions, it is leverage that could easily multiply the ferocity of the crash. Who is highly leveraged in property, hmm.. oh, I remember now.. BTLs!

He who tiptoed out the exit yesterday is wise. The rest are SUCKERS! Cannon fodder for the hyperdramatic media flailing that will preside over a bloodbath of vanished capital. If you have been oppressed out of the market for this long, there will be horrified delight in watching the nose-thumbing nouveau-rice smuggery class left high and dry as the tide quietly and naturally goes out. Just hang on to your job if the financial system does start to fall apart.

• converted lurker says:

Information suggests that the national landlords association – NLA has already issued him with cease and desist ultimatums and are threatening him with a passing off action, silly, silly boy. That combined with ripping everyone’s IP off their sites should be enough to rid us of this pest

• the landlord assocation says:

Not going to be a crash guys, sorry. Makes good reading though!

• Richard Burton says:

I think landlord might be breaching the law by posting other people’s articles with just a source referenced at the bottom. In the same way that you can’t just paste the text of Harry Potter into a new book with your own name but crediting JK Rowling at the bottom. Would be very amusing if it catches up with him.

• the landlord assocation says:

Buy the way – we are part of a large news network.

We are known and reputed as Google’s number 1 landlords news vendor (NOT AUTHORS OF COURSE AND NEVER HAVE PRETENDED TO BE).

Click here to find real-times links.

Our news sourcing is highly regarded by the all-mighty Google. Thank you for your comments but……..need I go on!

Look at this page to find real-time news examples from Google etc:

Look what happens when you search for ‘house price crash’ in Google – look which company is TOP!

I will bring you a report from a leading market economist in due course just to give the extremely over-bearing points to suggest there will not be a crash! It’s quite comprehensive.

Regards

• A leading market economist with vested interests being similar to that of the ruling classes, thereby being labelled a leading economist.

• You’ve got egg on your chin,old lad.

• planning4acrash says:

:TROUT:

• the landlord assocation says:

Converted Lurker,

We are a large, stand-alone association under no command from the NLA. We both campaign for landlords but we are the largest free national association for landlords. This is official.
    As a business and as an association the NLA have not issues anythign against us nor have they any power, reason or legal standing to do so.

Please stop polluting this website with your rubbish as I am willing to take legal action agaist you. Your slanderous comments have been noted to the webmaster of this website and noted to our legal representation so that we may take this matter further. If you wish to issue an apology here on this website so that normality can resume we will not seek to take this matter further.

I must encourage you not to post such defamotory in future. This will be dealt with without notice if future conduct on such matters is not adhered to.

The Landlord Association

• the bald man says:

This is a very bearish article and to me indicates there is a high probability of a crash is likely as the credit crunch appears to be coming.

• converted lurker says:

You are denying that the NLA have an issue with you with regards to you ‘passing off’? Perhaps I’m being a tad presumptious, give it a day or two. Are you also denying that organisations have reprimanded you with reference to you stealing their IP from their web sites? I know of one organisation who have asked you to cease and desist lest action may ensue. I can drum up plenty of others should you wish…

• nopensionnohouse says:

Landlord, this comment will likely get censored very quickly (apologies in advance HPC admin – now he’s threatening us with legal action!) but I hope you get to read it first LL.

Ha ha ha ha ha ho ho ho ho. Those in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones. Are you here to get a rise out of people or what?

I’m sure I’m not alone in thinking this and I have to say you have it coming:

Stop being such a tw*t and grow up.

How old are you?

• the landlord assocation says:

Converted Lurker,

Please post such evidence here. I’m sorry but you need to stop making up such weak stories. Regardless, ‘passing off’ is a term used for a business pretending to be another business. I’m afraid you are acting like a child who does not have a clue. And your angry friends seem glad to join you.

And to NoPensionInAHouse – This has nothing to do with you. Keep your opinions to yourself.

This is my last post. I have tried to have resonable debate with you but it seems some want to just be offensive and aggressive. This news piece was actually posted for my members on my website and I had nothing to do with it being here. Are any of you intelligent enough to understand what I just said?? I did not post this news and have not done so for some days!!!!

Now please leave me and my organisation out of this because you can’t argue a debate without being childish or rude and usuing offensive language.

You guys really need to grow up. I am here because I am in the property industry – ask yourselves why you are here!!!! To be here every day when you have no real cause is quite embarrassing!!

• Ihopeitgoeswithabang says:

Getting results back from Google has nothing – i repeat nothing! to do with ‘how good’ or well respected TLA websh!te is.
    Technically – u shud and I suspect u do know that. So please stop trying to make any more of it than that! please – it is now embarrassing.

And as for taking legal action against a website. Oh please my side are hurting! U shud know and once again do know that that is almost impossible. Even when it is i suspect you do not have enough funds to do it – no matter how many overpriced BTL properties u own.

LOL.
    (ps) and I never follow his links and neither should anyone else.

• nopensionnohouse says:

Just listen to her! You have said before you are leaving LL.

Now go on… run along like a good boy!

• speculatorone says:

landlord assocation.

When you are threating Converted Lurker with your legal rubbish you should learn to spell first, note there is no such work as ‘defamotory’?

• the landlord assocation says:

assocation? I think that’s also incorrect spelling young man!

• C’mon, c’mon,
    let s debate the HPC issue… today the market is crashing all over in the press and we are missing all the fun!

• the landlord said:
    >>This is my last post.

Finally realised how completely out of your depth you are I guess?

• It’s interesting to see you guys being so sure about “crash” or “no crash”. Property market is nothing more than gambling. There is no point being so sure about the future, nobody can predict the future. Although I think there is a high probability of a crash looking at historical data. I have no certainty this is going to happen for sure. I’m just betting on it and crossing my fingers…

• Planning4acrash says:

Land Lord Association is a virus trying to discredit this site, put people off it at the point where ll’s realise there’s a problem. He’s not a bear or a bull, but has some kind of vested interest. we are letting him achieve his objective by reacting and the webmaster is letting it happen by not withdrawing admin rights and by not moderating him. It is good to expose where articles are from, report him and move on but this is getting boring.

• Dean,

In my opinion, you’re a prize [email protected]! Is that defamatory? If so, then please, please sue me. I would be only too delighted to disseminate this view with a wider audience!

• stillthinking says:

Everyone here believes a crash is coming or has come starting 6 months ago. What happened to the postings and knowledge about the depth of the coming recession. Surely if we are arguing against the landlord’s association we are essentially saying that everything is a matter of sentiment. Whereas sentiment is no longer relevant. The house price crash has already arrived, so everyone here states all the time and I personally believe it. The fact people seem in such a rage about what landlord association is saying is most unconvincing. Why be frustrated if he is so wrong, he hasn’t done that many posts and also most people that I speak, as opposed to read from, share his opinion. Thats most people. Not most people on this site. How bad will the recession be. That is the most important topic of this site. How bad is it going to be.
    I suppose I want to say that manipulating sentiment, not as though anybody has recommended gold or anything here on these hallowed pages, is too ignorable to mention. Flaming here of all places. Good lord. Prices will crash slowly and we have to wait 3/4 years to buy at the bottom so there isn’t exactly much to get the heart pumping.
    Lets get back to serious economic stuff. I saved up half of my Mars bar money already.

• uncle chris says:

Hmmm – maybe we should pass on information on all LA’s cut-n-paste plagiarised (and I guess subject to copyright) articles to the people that actually wrote the articles, to see if they would like to take out ‘cease and desist’ orders, or at least instruct him to have the professional courtesy to cite the correct source of all articles.

• Landlord – when I first mentioned the NLA I didn’t mean the National Landlords Association – in fact until I googled (sorry Google I know I should use this phrase) NLA, I didn’t even though they existed, I mean the Newspaper Licencing Agency and CLA – the Copyright Licencing Agency. According to the NLA regulations you cannot keep copies (even if you have an NLA licence) electronically for more than a week. You might not be posting links to this site anymore, but you’re still breaking the law – oops!

• Oh dear,,

I think I have just E Mailed the NLA….!

• stillthinking:> I have no objection to hearing news that I don’t really want to hear. My gripe is with somebody who has nothing to say completely plagiarising articles from reputable news sources to bring attention to his website. The sources are not correctly referenced and as Sara points out he plain and simply is breaking copyright law. If he want to do that then that is up to him. What I really don’t want is to look at the blog cluttered with articles and the name Landlord Association that are actually from other sources and have already been posted.
    You may note also that we now have a little red triangle to “report comments”. I’m not the webmaster but it strikes me as highly coincidental that this measure has been taken at the same time that the poster posing as the landlord association took it upon himself to starts using some fairly rich language against bloggers on here.