Sunday, March 18, 2007

‘000s of second incomes lost

Labour speeds up job cuts

"The Government remains on track to deliver 84,000 job reductions by 2008."The 3 underpins are falling apart - govt, construction and financial services. As jobs go by the 10s of 000, NAE will still rise as unexportable professionals drive up salaries, IRs will continue to rise and HPs will - oh you get it!

Posted by financial planner @ 11:49 AM (749 views)

9 thoughts on “‘000s of second incomes lost

• Entirely agree with this article which everyone at the back of their mind knew was the reality of the British Economy. The repercussions will be felt everywhere through to education where even a decent degree will fail to get you a reasonable job in this country in the near future. I like the term ‘unexportable professionals’ as I’ve not seen that before and just about sums up the entire problem when every industry of substance has been exported or sold off into overseas ownership.

• japanese uncle says:

The following conversation took place circa 1997 at a mansion somewhere in is North London.

R: Congratulations, Tony, I have absolutely no doubt that you will make the finest PM of the century. And I will offer you whatever support you may need during your tenure, provided…

Silky Teflon: Provided…..governor sir.?!

R; As I may have told you earlier, your mission besides the Middle East invasion, is the destruction of the NHS.

ST: Yes, governor sir. I remember that. But how should it be done, sir?

R: As a PM you are supposed to must think about it on your own. But one suggestion I can make for you is, hire a brigade of utterly useless pen pushers and fat cats and raise doctors’ salary exorbitantly, so the NHS finance can be uncontrollable. Meanwhile sack as many nurses as possible to maximize the waiting period of the sick. Once NHS is branded as an organization that is totally incapable of self-governing, unable to provide minimum service to the population, it will be much easier for the private interests to devour its assets, snatching everything worth money in the name of privitization. Those assets will eventually flow into my pockets. Remember your ultimate mission is to create a jungle state like the US, where ambulance drivers will ask you to show AMEX gold card before driving you to ER. What a lovely place on earth! I want to create a country in which one cannot even breathe without being exploited my me.

ST: I am absolutely sure that I will do my ultimate best for you, sir.

R: I know by experience that your ”absolutely’ and ‘ultimate’ need to be discounted by 87%. Nonetheless, I appreciate your gesture. Dismissed.

ST; Come on, governor sir, Your words are sometimes so mercilessly true, sir. These are just my manner of speech, sir.

• These job cuts are a tiny fraction of what incompetent Walter Mitty Brown needs to do to his balance his books. He has created an unaffordable mess that will mean yet higher taxes for everybody. At the same time services will deteriorate very badly as any extra funds are just sucked into wages and public sector pension pots. So in summary then, industry and taxpayers will suffer yet more because of unaffordable lunatic socialist ideology and at the same time we can all look forward to higher interest rates as the UK and Sterling becomes a less attractive place to invest in. What a F**cking mess Labour have created.

• financial planner says:

You may say that S UK I couldn’t possibly comment. All I’ll say is the British people wanted it and they got it. They voted them in 3 times. Why blame the politicians for doing their job? You didn’t think it was to manage the economy. OCH NO! Its to win elections!

• Nicely summed up FP, a 25 pence tabloid government voted in by the Guardian and 25 pence tabloid readers, a lethal combination.

• sovietuk are you suggesting that public sector workers shouldn’t even be getting the 3.3pc (though for most it is far less) pay rise and that they shouldn’t be allowed pensions?

There are enough problems recruiting teachers, nurses and social workers as it is.

• pedagog I sympathise with public sector workers at the frontline level but this country is financially bankrupt taking into account its future liabilities. A person (or country) can spend money as much as he/she likes but if you haven’t got it or can’t repay it the Baillifs will arrive sooner or later.

• Tipping Point says:

I agree with FP. The problems are due to politicians being more interested in short term vote winning than in managing the economy. Surely someone could come up with a way of linking Parlimentary Pensions to GDP at retirement age.

• pedagog – might I suggest that public sector workers be given the same pension as everyone else; the real figure and not the paper figure.

Why even argue that point; I think enuii is spot on; its the people. We have only ourselves to blame for putting up with these ‘politicians’.

Blair should have been out the moment he lied about Iraq. That’s a LIE. The prime minister LIED. Wasn’t that the big issue with Monica Lewinsky and Bill Clinton?

Here is something else to ponder; the green issue is on the front pages at the moment, but what about NHS? There was a march on Saturday; doctors were protesting the effective sacking of 22000 student doctors. Instead we are arguing about whether Gordon Brown is willing to cycle to work.