Sunday, December 3, 2006

Cash-Strapped Britain??

BRC warns on weak Christmas trade

High-street chains nervous about a possible poor turn-out for Xmas trading.

Posted by nearly30 @ 06:58 PM (2683 views)

7 thoughts on “Cash-Strapped Britain??

• Well it’s the weekend after the last pay day before Xmas.

Is anyone in the mood for buying?

Is there a credit/cash flow problem rearing its head?

I myself have told people not to expect much from me this Xmas – well I say that every year as I’m a tight g*t!!!

• Must be coming up to the MPC meeting.

• Hey – here come the layoffs and the forced sale of houses.

This HPC (when it comes) is going to hurt us all.

• I used to work in retail and I have to say that the BRC knows what it’s talking about.

They are well qualified to predict the future of how much money will be spent in shops.

• They may be well qualified but that definately does not mean they will be right. It’s like the common saying for ISAs or other investments when they say past performance has no indication of future performance.

I personally think that the Christmas mad British public will as usual go spend crazy this year.

• tyrellcorporation says:

I have a pact with friends and relatives whereby we all either buy nothing or cap spending at about a tenner. It’s not being tight, it’s trying to maintain a sense of reality during a period which the retail industry has hijacked. I can’t say the lack of 42 inch plasma displays for all has ever dented our enjoyment of Christmas and the festive period.

These stories of people jumping on planes to New York to fill suitcases with shite they don’t really want and certainly don’t need is absurd!

The last hoorah of an enonomy about to tank spectacularly…

• japanese uncle says:

I can afford to buy a 37 in LCD TV (albeit on eBay) now, thanks to the pennypinching while the locals were on spending spree, along with relocation to cheaper town.