Wednesday, Dec 27, 2006

BBC price rise bias 'to continue'

BBC News: UK home price rises 'to continue'

The quoted survey suggests that "one out of every three people expects UK house prices to increase by more than 6% in 2007". It goes on to say 55% of people think prices will rise (which leaves 45% for flat or falling prices, including "10% of people [who] predicted a drop in prices of more than 20% before the end of 2007). How they can justify the title of the article from the content I don't understand.

Posted by rich @ 09:47 AM (541 views)
Add Comment
Report Article

4 Comments

1. About-to-buy said...

I've played the waiting game for too long. And I've lost out hugely (>100K).

On Monday, I exchange! That is surely the best indicator yet that prices are about to fall...

Wednesday, December 27, 2006 08:04PM Report Comment
 

2. Mrpleasant said...

Can I ask what the value is in the Daily Mail making statements like this based on what people think? I've never seen a headline saying "Tottenham set to win the FA Cup" on the basis that a number of fans asked all thought it would happen.

Thursday, December 28, 2006 07:32AM Report Comment
 

3. Linus said...

Hope for your sake they dont but shortly going to sell mine and get off bandwagon and hope they dont rise !! remember so well last crash and fear things have that kind of 'peak' factor at the moment.

Thursday, December 28, 2006 01:24PM Report Comment
 

4. Dixon said...

I hope u've got a 10 year fixed rate mortgage

Thursday, December 28, 2006 02:01PM Report Comment
 

Add comment

  • If you do not have an admin password leave the password field blank.
  • If you would like to request a password allowing you to add comments and blog news articles without needing each one approved manually, send an e-mail to the webmaster.
  • Your email address is required so we can verify that the comment is genuine. It will not be posted anywhere on the site, will be stored confidentially by us and never given out to any third party.
  • Please note that any viewpoints published here as comments are user's views and not the views of HousePriceCrash.co.uk.
  • Please adhere to the Guidelines
Username  
Admin Password
Email Address
Comments

Main Blog | Archive | Add Article | Blog Policies