Monday, November 13, 2006

Inflation, We’ve Heard of It. BOE. £1 a loaf of bread.

£1 loaf of bread on the way

The average price of a loaf of bread in the UK will soon top £1. Need I say more. Miracle economy my arse. Its a miracle that people are not rioting in the streets. You can fool some of the people some of the time........

Posted by doggadogdog @ 01:36 PM (486 views)

21 thoughts on “Inflation, We’ve Heard of It. BOE. £1 a loaf of bread.

• tyrellcorporation says:

It won’t be in the basket of goods though so we can all breathe easily… Inflation is a myth!

• Once you understand that most central banks are privately owned (if you don’t believe me do your own research), a lot of the BoE’s (yes, a private bank) decisions become much clearer…

• £1 for a loaf of bread! I’ve been paying a quid for at least a year for a decent’ish loaf.

• Denzil – It’s the Sun they are talking about a loaf of Mother’s pride.
    A sophisticate like your goodself would no doubt prefer a focaccia.

• waitingfor hpc says:

a nice croissant for me , dipped in coffee !

• Tesco – Value loaf at 20 pence ?? But have you tasted one?

• george monsoon says:

This government has probably done a demographic and decided that the population is gullible and stupid. Whatever their reasoning, assuming that the population is stupid and controllable is dangerous. Riots may be a little way off yet, but civil unrest cannot be ruled out. Just for the record, my Co-op is selling hovis for about £1.50 and I live in the NorthWest, historically a cheap place to live. Not any more.

I stated in a previous blog, that the amount I save has had to be halved to cover increased living costs. In light of the recent government push to re-evaluate Council tax bands, I am now having to re-evaluate the amount I save – again!! the second time in three months. In the not to distant future, I can see that I won’t be able to save anything. When that time comes and I get the brushoff from my requested wage rise, I will be ready to protest in public.

• The Capitalist says:

Eskimo to friend – “do you know they have over fifty words for bread in Hampstead”

• holding out said:
    >>Denzil – It’s the Sun they are talking about a loaf of Mother’s pride.
    >>A sophisticate like your goodself would no doubt prefer a focaccia.

A focaccia for a quid, where?

Seriously though a good loaf of hovis or Brace’s (not sure there) is about £1.10 at tesco. A year ago I would have struggled to pay more than a quid for any loaf of bread. As sovietuk states 20p for a value loaf at tesco but personally I’d sooner eat the Sun newspaper with a bit of marg on it.

• >> personally I’d sooner eat the Sun newspaper with a bit of marg on it.

I wouldn’t even wipe my arse with it.

• tyrellcorporation says:

Soviet UK – no I haven’t but even if I had I still wouldn’t have ‘tasted’ one… 😉

Tesco bread is made of cardboard… That still doesn’t stop it from being a scary mega-corp!

• George Monsoon says:

Rich, are you a Scouser by any chance?

• george monsoon says:

Rich, are you a Scouser by any chance?

• george monsoon says:

Its only a matter of time before you get tesco’s estate agents..

• Mother’s Pride? Useful as thermal insulation, but I wouldn’t eat it.

• George Monsoon….

No “matter of time” about it….ot’s already here…Tescolegastore.com Have a look. Yes, it’s your worst nightmare, coming to a town near you. The one I’m waiting for is Tesco Bargain Basement Funeral Parlour and DIY Embalming.

• Sorry George….That’s Tescolegalstore.com

• tyrellcorporation says:

Tescolegastore sells cheap prosthetic limbs. They don’t fit very well but won’t cost you an…. no I just can’t say it! 🙂

• Those poor solicitors. Your heart goes out to them

• Good one, Tyrell.

Typing ain’t my sport.

But, seriously, just Google: “Tesco property” and laugh some more. Property auctions by Tesco and I kid you not at all — “Buy to Let DIY Kits”.. many more will be sobbing soon.

• george monsoon says: