Wednesday, October 11, 2006

CML invent first time buyer figures

Shocking admission from the CML- first time buyer figures invented

This is truly shocking, the irony is that the Firstrung team were just penning a piece querying why the CML data suggests that the FTB figures are at 25%+ and yet the NAEA, as recently as yesterday, confirmed that their figures suggest only 11% of the market is comprised of FTBs. Quite frankly if they (the CML) cannot be trusted to deliver facts on such an important issue then their data and morevoer their opinion, in relation to the rest of the wider market intelligence, is rendered worthless....

Posted by converted lurker @ 08:35 PM (545 views)

7 thoughts on “CML invent first time buyer figures

• I do hope the mainstream media actually picks up on this, although I doubt it because they’re all bought into the myth.

The vast majority of prospective FTB stopped looking a while ago.

• 2007 turnaround says:

Well if you want indicators to show you that everything is not quite right then this looks pretty significant…

It feels like things are going from bad to worse and even worse but I’m really questioning myself, is it just the way I see things? I see articles like this which suggest I’m not far wrong but I talk to others about the economy and get looked at as if I’m nuts.

I almost want everything turn upside down and go wrong just to prove my sanity

• Can the facts be corrected after the stat!? How about doubling council tax for second home owners?
    That should flush out that proportion of second buyers by forcing a fire-sale, then the REAL first time buyers can bring the FTB stats back on track!
    Maybe such medicine might finally kill the market (!), but at least the CML stats may read correctly..
    hang on, thats not quite right..how to measure the returning buyers? …I guess they will be the only ones buying as no-one else has the CASH..
    .the answer I suppose is to start from scratch as its then a RETURNING Buyer index.

Maybe be there are NO REAL first time buyers out there after all – when did that happen?

• Just wait until the BBC get a hold of this!!!

• We should plan a peaceful direct action day/month/quarter.

An organised non-payment of rent.

If all renters, at the same time, refused to pay their inflated rent, how long do you think the average greedy BTL landlord would last?

• geed….

Unfortunately it appears that the BBC is strongly influenced by the powers that be not to “get a hold” of anything. There have been many opportunities in past months for those journalists and their editors to do something besides let the economy run wild and damage the country. They are obviously in the pocket of the VIs.

• IndiaBlue….

Agree, sarcasm is lost in written text!