Thursday, September 21, 2006

More news on MPC’s perception of inflation

Global inflation points to rate rise

MPC expresses concern at the global rise in inflation with one exception, Mr BlanchedF.

Posted by talking rot @ 04:37 PM (622 views)

10 thoughts on “More news on MPC’s perception of inflation

• Good – bring it on!

• Exactly, and I have just put my money where my mouth is: a tenner on at betfair at odds of more than 5/1!

• I do wonder where Mr Blanchflower’s loyalties really lie.

Is he seeking the right interest rate for the UK, or the right UK interest rate for the USA…?

Not an inspired choice of MPC member – too many ‘why’ questions…..

• I don’t imagine that Mr. Blanchflower can, on his own, establish anything meaningful for the USA at the Bank of England with one vote. Rather, I would wonder at Crash Gordon’s motives in appointing him. Wouldn’t it be more likely that he is the faithful dog type, rather than any a national American hero?

• Also somewhat galling that we are , I assume, footing the bill to fly him back and forth across the Atlantic-and I bet he isn’t flying in economy!

• tyrellcorporation says:

…nah, he’s flying in the face of the economy! 😉

• Oooh, very droll, tyrell 😀

I talked to an investment banker yesterday who’s worried about his house in NW London. He’s thinking of selling up before the UK goes the same way as the US.

I told him that based on current evidence, (and perhaps the fact that The Times’ consistent-but-consistently-wrong David Smith predicts a housing crash won’t happen) his fear could be well founded.

• If it’s any comfort, they’re probably raffling off tickets from Heathrow to the States these days, just to get rid of them.

• george monsoon says:

Is there no fresh news today, or has the admin started the weekend early?

• I am still saying 5.25% but it should be 6.5 atleast.