Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Even Neo-Labour is in debt up to its eyeballs

Labour loaned £28m in three months

The Labour Party was lent more than £28 million between April and June this year, figures released by the Electoral Commission have shown.

Posted by uncle chris @ 12:41 PM (576 views)

9 thoughts on “Even Neo-Labour is in debt up to its eyeballs

• Financial Planner says:

What has THIS got to do with the housing market? UC – please don’t post your political biases

• financial planner says:

What has THIS to do with the housing market? UC – ps do not put here your policital biases

• UC, this doesn’t have much to do with HPC. There is the debt connection, yes but it’s a bit reaching …

• Sorry – I didn’t realise I wasn’t allowed to express a political opinion. Two points – (1) sad to say, I actually made the foolish mistake of voting these clowns in (covers the political bias comment) and (ii) I take the point that the link is a little vague, but I did so to remind us that a party that cannot control its own finances is in control of UK plc and I suspect UK finances will go the same way as Labour party finances. Incidentally, if they were a business, the liquidators would have moved in by now.

• waitingfor hpc says:

Here here Uncle Chris – I agree. This does indeed reflect on HPC which is New Labour driven and they as a party are knee deep in it , and they have shit on UK Plc which is in it and on the Exchequer which now relies on it.

The Labour party deserves all it gets. And this also shows that you can buy a peerage! Lord Siansbury and all the other ‘supporters’ of the New Labour Miracle.

• How long before the taxpayer gets told that he’ll be funding political parties?

Weeks rather I months I fear…

• UT – Don’t you mean “funding the approved political parties”?

• d’oh

Yes – I’m sure the system will be designed to screw the little guys.

What’s the betting that parties that don’t win any seats at Westminster get nothing – regardless of how many votes they get nationally, or local council seats they win…

• Northern Lad says: