Monday, July 17, 2006

Econometrics is accurate

House prices to soar 50% within six years

projection of housing prices by housing associations trying to point out how bad it could be.

Posted by inbreda @ 09:20 AM (629 views)

13 thoughts on “Econometrics is accurate

• “Over the next six years we’ll see home ownership being pushed further out of the reach of middle earners and even those on relatively high incomes.”

So who exactly is going to be purchasing these properties?

• The Bald Man says:

Unbelievable spin trying to get the government to agree to concrete over the whole of the Uk with houses.

Agree with markd who is buying these houses? BTL’s with a zero yield?

• Haha, I was about to say exactly the same thing Markd. It really goes to show how irrational some of the reporting is. What nonsense…

• Well the grauniad is the “Shoe-Shine Boy” when it comes to economics! When even the SSB says buy, it’s time to sell.

• I think the spin merchants are getting very desperate now.

Unemployment is going up, house repossessions are going up, UK dept is going up, oil is going up, cost of living is going up. Of course makes total sense that house prices will continue to go up. You see money does grow on trees, it is made of paper after all.

• Ontheotherhand says:

VI explained. “The mission of the National Housing Federation is to support and promote the work that housing associations do and campaign for better housing and neighbourhoods.” Specifically, “To create the conditions for our members (housing associations) to flourish”

You can download their document showing the benefits they offer to housing association members which include;
    �� Representation �� Negotiation �� Influencing �� Promotion �� Campaigning

Now, if house prices are about to rocket 50% further, we’d better concentrate on social housing through housing associations, right? I’m convinced.

• devil's advocate says:

It does not matter how absurd these comments are it drives peoples fear of being left behind in a constantly rising market. These comments and the rightmove stats hit all the major papers and are believed by the masses. Whether this is right or wrong its supporting the market.

Why would the VIs mess with a Propaganda machine that works so well.

• George Monsoon says:

Well thats it then. I will never own a home of my own in Britain.

I will take my umpteen years of IT experience to India and buy a castle with my savings!!

• Northern Lad says:

too right GM….I’m looking for offski aswell!

• George – that is by no means a silly idea.

• Waitingfor Hpc says:

george

me too. I can not wait to leave Britain – and I run my own firm!
    this is a crazy place – i am going to sell up and take my mney and expertise to another country.

• Waiting for HPC…..I’m off also….to Jersey…screw Gordon Brown

• dadm1975 – hope you’re wealthy – you’ll need to be to live in Jersey.

As a local Guern I must say that it’s not particularly fair when English people come to the channel isalnds to dodge UK tax as they price the locals out of the market. There are many disgruntled locals that have been forced to move away from their family and friends because they simply cannot afford the 139,000 pound average house.