Tuesday, May 9, 2006

Voume of sales increases 37%

Number of homes sold increases 37%

The latest quarterly Land Registry report indicates that the average house price has risen 5% year on year and that volumes are up by 37%.

Posted by Webmaster @ 07:26 AM (654 views)

7 thoughts on “Voume of sales increases 37%

• Surfgatinho says:

I hope the bank of England are taking note. IRs up next month I reckon

• Is 37% that big a rise when they were saying the turnover was the lowest for 30 years?

• Uncle Chris says:

I have to say it, although 5% over the year isn’t the mini-boom the VIs were taking about, it’s still dissapointing for those awaiting the correction – which I’m still 100% convinced will come. It would appear that banks and building societies are still playing free and easy with our (savers) money. I agree that we need a serious rise in interest rates to bring a sense of sanity back to the economy.

• Uncle Chris says:

• Have a look at page 14 of the Land Registry’s report – the one that gives the sales volumes for each price band.

There was a huge increase in the number of properties sold at the top end of the market. While the LR have no agenda to play games with statistics, this appears to have skewed their overall averages upwards.

• Tyrellcorporation says:

I agree Surf, I think next month will see a 1/4% rise… every recent indicator possible has shown a mini-surge. Hold onto your hats!

• European-bear says:

Now do not get too depressed. Compare page 12 of the land registry report (regional prices of Q1 2006 to Q1 2005) to page 19 (regional prices Q4 2005). You will see that for most regions there are drops in prices of all types of houses from Q4 2005 to Q1 2006. Main exception is London (hopefully due to city bonuses).
    HPC is still on!