House Price Crash Forum

Bbc

dog

HOLA441

Radio 4 did a piece on immigration this morning. They conducted a series of interviews which suggested that the mass inflow of people from other parts of Europe was not causing any problems.

They then interviewed Frank Field and asked him why (in the light of the tape) he was raising immigration as a matter of concern.

Frank Field then pointed out that they had modified their tape (he had heard the original) and edited out an item on housing. The original tape had included an interview with a women in Birkenhead who was having to live in over crowded accomodation with 12 other people.

HOLA442

Radio 4 did a piece on immigration this morning. They conducted a series of interviews which suggested that the mass inflow of people from other parts of Europe was not causing any problems.

They then interviewed Frank Field and asked him why (in the light of the tape) he was raising immigration as a matter of concern.

Frank Field then pointed out that they had modified their tape (he had heard the original) and edited out an item on housing. The original tape had included an interview with a women in Birkenhead who was having to live in over crowded accomodation with 12 other people.

Fabulous! What a goof by the NL censors at the Beeb. Fancy editing a tape then allowing a live interview with someone who'd heard the undoctored version and was sure to raise the alarm. Shame on the lying b******s.

HOLA443

NuLabour, Gordon "Miracle Economy" Brown in particular, know they have a monster on their hands and its called INFLATION--and houses are at the top of the list. The boom-bust economy Gordon has created through accomodative IR, lax lending standards and imprudent ramping of 2nd home ownership is about to come home to roost and its going to cost NuLabour the next election. The man is totally irresponsibe to think he can allow 100's of thousands of more people into the country when there is insufficient housing for those already here is a scandal--plain and simple. RESIGN you fool. :angry:

HOLA444

Frank Field not as great but of the same moraL FIBRE AND CALIBRE as Enoch Powell, he had the decency, courage and integrity to stand up against Bliar and his ****lickers and resign as a governmenment minister because he could not work with liars and said so in public, an honest politician, one of the few.

Birkenhead, Wallasey and the North End, OMG if you don't know what your talking about when you live, work and represent one of those consituences you never will.

Edited by Serpico

HOLA445

The man is totally irresponsibe to think he can allow 100's of thousands of more people into the country when there is insufficient housing for those already here is a scandal--plain and simple. RESIGN you fool. :angry:

To be fair, under the Granita scam I think it's Bliar who's really responsible for the immigration debacle. Possibly the present mess is partly the result of a fundamental lack of joined-up government which was inevitable ever since 31 May 1994, yet was successfully marketed and sold to the sheeple as a winning formula. And now we see the endgame in all its glory. For that alone, even if for nothing else, both fools (or knaves?) should resign forthwith.

HOLA446

Frank Field not as great but of the same moraL FIBRE AND CALIBRE as Enoch Powell, he had the decency, courage and integrity to stand up against Bliar and his ****lickers and resign as a governmenment minister because he could not work with liars and said so in public, an honest politician, one of the few.

Birkenhead, Wallasey and the North End, OMG if you don't know what your talking about when you live, work and represent one of those consituences you never will.

Enoch Powell was an old fool and a dangerous one at that. The UK is a better place now that such a fool is dead.

HOLA447
HOLA448

Right. Britain is better now than in 1998.

What planet...?

If we believed that, we might as well close this site right now.

Lets face it Enoch Powell was a tosser. What does this actually mean

"Here is the means of showing that the immigrant communities can organise to consolidate their members, to agitate and campaign against their fellow citizens, and to overawe and dominate the rest with the legal weapons which the ignorant and the ill-informed have provided. As I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding. Like the Roman, I seem to see ‘the River Tiber foaming with much blood’. That tragic and intractable phenomenon which we watch with horror on the other side of the Atlantic but which there is interwoven with the history and existence of the States itself, is coming upon us here by our own volition and our own neglect. Indeed, it has all but come. In numerical terms, it will be of American proportions long before the end of the century. Only resolute and urgent action will avert it even now. Whether there will be the public will to demand and obtain that action, I do not know. All I know is that to see, and not to speak, would be the great betrayal." src Wikipedia

As much as I want house prices fall I am never going to side with politics like this to get there! What the hell is he talking about when referencing America. Also I know this is but one speech of a man that made many but history judges people on such things. Blair will be remembered for the Iraq War and Brown on no more 'Boom & Bust'.

HOLA449

"Here is the means of showing that the immigrant communities can organise to consolidate their members, to agitate and campaign against their fellow citizens, and to overawe and dominate the rest with the legal weapons which the ignorant and the ill-informed have provided. As I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding. Like the Roman, I seem to see ‘the River Tiber foaming with much blood’. That tragic and intractable phenomenon which we watch with horror on the other side of the Atlantic but which there is interwoven with the history and existence of the States itself, is coming upon us here by our own volition and our own neglect. Indeed, it has all but come. In numerical terms, it will be of American proportions long before the end of the century. Only resolute and urgent action will avert it even now. Whether there will be the public will to demand and obtain that action, I do not know. All I know is that to see, and not to speak, would be the great betrayal." src Wikipedia

As much as I want house prices fall I am never going to side with politics like this to get there! What the hell is he talking about when referencing America. Also I know this is but one speech of a man that made many but history judges people on such things. Blair will be remembered for the Iraq War and Brown on no more 'Boom & Bust'.

He was talking at a time of race riots in America. I well remember hearing his speech in 1968 (I think), as a 15 year old. He was an MP in the Midlands, which was then one of the areas of immigration. I remember thinking how similar the speech was to those of Hitler, warning Germany against the Jews in the 30's. I also thought he was trying to engineer a self-fulfilling prophecy.

1968 was the beginning of such charming past times as ****-bashing, and the NF supporters at the time consequently went into overdrive, recruiting skinheads outside most football grounds.

Edited by Casual Observer

HOLA4410

HOLA4411

Here is the means of showing that the immigrant communities can organise to consolidate their members, to agitate and campaign against their fellow citizens, and to overawe and dominate the rest with the legal weapons which the ignorant and the ill-informed have provided.

Islamism anyone?

What the hell is he talking about when referencing America.

I'm not surprised you don't want to admit the principal reason Powell's forecast was premature: the Thatcher government. Major/Howard lifted embarkation controls, and Bliar/"giant mess" Straw/"haven't a clue" Blunkett/"not fit for purpose"Clarke - say no more. Just a few more years of this madness and we'll soon hit the US figure for 1968.

HOLA4412

Unemployment at 60% in parts of the North End :o :angry: