House Price Crash Forum

Owning A House Gives You Security

Imp

HOLA441

I had a conversation with a colleague at work the other day. He owns his own home and has bought another in some far flung country as an investment. He said he was worried about the size of his mortgage repayments.

Whilst I, without any home of my own, can live for 3 years at my current quality of life off my savings. At the moment, not owning a home, I seem to have more security than the home owners.

And I just splashed out on the best looking car ever built, without using credit. (smug grin) :)

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Whilst I, without any home of my own, can live for 3 years at my current quality of life off my savings. At the moment, not owning a home, I seem to have more security than the home owners.

Some home owners, certainly not all. What about when home owners own their homes outright.

You will still be paying rent while they own a home, and save up enough cash in a couple of years to buy a nice car.

If you mean people who have recently bought you are probably right, but in less than 25 years they may have the last laugh.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

The things you own end up owning you

Well said.

To avoid this try to avoid owning things you are proud of. For example, I own a horrible p reg volvo 440 which I hate so I never clean it or service it EVER. I join my colleagues in slagging it off and laughing at the rust on its wheel arches.

HOLA4411

I don't think there will be many people here who share you sentiments.

Think about it: The people who want a HPC to occur do so mainly because THEY WANT TO BUY A HOUSE. They just don't want to pay a certain price and want to see prices fall. Then they will buy.

HOLA4412

I don't think there will be many people here who share you sentiments.

Think about it: The people who want a HPC to occur do so mainly because THEY WANT TO BUY A HOUSE. They just don't want to pay a certain price and want to see prices fall. Then they will buy.

Yes i agree and they will carry on saying there will be a HPC as they have for the last few years.

These whats become known as mini crashes a little drop thats been happening on occaisions could be some sort of example a little drop of say 1% brings a few buyers in then the market picks back up.