House Price Crash Forum

Smelling The Coffee : Better Latte Than Never?

Sledgehead

HOLA441

In my long career as a seasoned forum poster and professional tw@t, I have been priviledged to witness the entire gamut of chat-room phenomena, ranging from serial lurking to drive-by trolling, right up to obsessive, compulsive veteranattainia. Whilst many of these conditions are in themselves worrying, few have been able to cross the moron to human barrier, and as such remain rare. None the less, the pattern of outbreaks of a more recent condition are giving eggheads at the Internet Watch Foundation (IWF) cause for concern.

This new condition, refered to in professional circles as CSDS (coffee specific dysosmic sensation), or more commonly, Starbucks condition, is part of a broader range of olfactory dysfunctions known as phantosmia, where the patient perceives smells in their absence. In internet chat rooms the condition manifests itself as an irrational need to post the question "Can you smell the coffee?"

IWF claims that there were several outbreaks of CSDS in the past month, one such outbreak occuring on HousePriceCrash.co.uk.

Whilst most boffins remain baffled as to the exact origin and cause of the illness, some, notably property perma-bulls, maintain the condition does not even exist. They insist that where coffee has claimed to have been perceived, coffee indeed existed.

Consequently, and in assocuiation with IWF, I have decided to conduct my own research. To do so, I need your help. First, I must establish a baseline with which future outbreaks may be compared. I therefore politely request that you complete the above poll. Only in this way will we come closer to understanding the nature of CSDS. Only in this way will we be able to judge whether we are facing harmless, milky-media froth, or whether we should seek a total coffee bar.

I thank you for your cooperation.

(satisfied Lizzie?)

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

In my long career as a seasoned forum poster and professional tw@t, I have been priviledged to witness the entire gamut of chat-room phenomena, ranging from serial lurking to drive-by trolling, right up to obsessive, compulsive veteranattainia. Whilst many of these conditions are in themselves worrying, few have been able to cross the moron to human barrier, and as such remain rare. None the less, the pattern of outbreaks of a more recent condition are giving eggheads at the Internet Watch Foundation (IWF) cause for concern.

This new condition, refered to in professional circles as CSDS (coffee specific dysosmic sensation), or more commonly, Starbucks condition, is part of a broader range of olfactory dysfunctions known as phantosmia, where the patient perceives smells in their absence. In internet chat rooms the condition manifests itself as an irrational need to post the question "Can you smell the coffee?"

IWF claims that there were several outbreaks of CSDS in the past month, one such outbreak occuring on HousePriceCrash.co.uk.

Whilst most boffins remain baffled as to the exact origin and cause of the illness, some, notably property perma-bulls, maintain the condition does not even exist. They insist that where coffee has claimed to have been perceived, coffee indeed existed.

Consequently, and in assocuiation with IWF, I have decided to conduct my own research. To do so, I need your help. First, I must establish a baseline with which future outbreaks may be compared. I therefore politely request that you complete the above poll. Only in this way will we come closer to understanding the nature of CSDS. Only in this way will we be able to judge whether we are facing harmless, milky-media froth, or whether we should seek a total coffee bar.

I thank you for your cooperation.

(satisfied Lizzie?)

:lol::lol::lol::lol: MATE. This post is to die for. Pure unadulterated sledgamocha !!! Such a shame they moved it off-topic. It could have run and run :lol::lol::lol:

HOLA446

MATE. This post is to die for. Pure unadulterated sledgamocha !!! Such a shame they moved it off-topic. It could have run and run :lol::lol::lol:

Even better, when I opened the thread Google's AI picked up on the word 'Coffee' and filled the ad. panel with links to espresso machines and the like.

:D:D:D

Ow, ow, my ribs hurt :D

Archived