House Price Crash Forum

You Should Be Kissing Gordon Browns Feet Not Complaining !

HOLA441

People here need to get real and stop moaning and whinging.

We currently have in the UK economy:

Over 50 consecutive quarter of economic growth (yes FIFTY).

The ecomomy is still growing 1.7% (albeit more slowly) and is still projected to grow in 2006.

Interest rates are at historically low levels and stable.

Unemployment is at historically low levels and low compared to our neighbours (we are importing bus drivers from Poland / and agricultural workers from Portugal,people world wide for the NHS etc etc) to do jobs the natives can't do or won't do.

This is a golden economic era you should be kissing Gordon Browns feet (remember the last Tory recession 1992)

You are living in a golden economic era.If you are to "nervous" to buy or "worried" about the economy you will never be confident about buying, it doesn't get any better than the current economic conditions.

If you are moaning about the economy now you are fool. If you can't afford a house thats bad luck but if you can afford and are holding off buying you are wasting your time and money renting because there will be no HPC.

low unemployment + low interest rates = NO HPC

Everyone knows that.

Get on your knees and thank the heavens for Gordon Brown for this golden economic era.

Pay 2005 prices or rent for ever !!!

Hope that Helps.

Property Guru

HOLA442
HOLA443

So we currently have:

Is perpertual growth possible? look up the 'business cycle'

The ecomomy is still growing 1.7% (albeit more slowly) and is still projected to grow in 2006.

the economy is falling short of GB predictions by a considerable amount, and it is predictions like this that you listen to? odd

Historically low yes, and you would do well to remember that, do you expect to go from historically low IR's to historically lower IRs or do you expect to go from historically low to historically normal?, inflation rising US rates rising

Unemployment is at historically low levels and low compared to our neighbours (we are importing bus drivers from Poland / and agricultural workers from Portugal,people world wide for the NHS etc etc) to do jobs the natives can't do or won't do.

unemployment rising, 6 consecutive months now isnt it?, once again historically low - what direction next?

This is a golden economic era you should be kissing Gordon Browns feet (remember the last Tory recession 1992)

You are living in a golden economic era.If you are to "nervous" to buy or "worried" about the economy you will never be confident about buying, it doesn't get any better than the current economic conditions.

Golden, golden, golden talking of golden why has GB just redefined the economic cycle to math his golden rule? "It doesnt get better than the current economic conditions" so it can only get worse then yes? the economy can only get worse so now is the best time to buy? that is counter logical

If you are moaning about the economy now you are fool. If you can't afford a house thats bad luck but if you can afford and are holding off buying you are wasting your time and money renting because there will be no HPC.

Yes moaning about the economy now would make you a fool because it is set to get so much worse, thats the whole point

rising unemployment + economic distress = HPC

Everyone knows that.

So the rest of the uk from now until forever will be renting? never again will anyone ever be able to buy a house if they dont buy now, is this what your saying?

Hope that Helps.

helps alot

Property Guru

Who let you back out then? :lol:

Its good to see that he doesnt need to ease himself back into it gently :lol:

Edited by theChuz

HOLA444
HOLA445

I loved this old chestnut from PG on David Smith's economyuk site HPI discussion in the summer:

House Prices NEVER go down. Everyone knows that. UK house prices can NEVER go below 2004 levels, ever. Only an idiot can't see that. In fact, as the proud owner of 100+ BTL properties, I see prices 25% higher by December 2005.

Buy properties now! They have stopped making land! Person A buys a house and pays 25 years of mortgage person B rents all his life what is better?

Posted by: Property Guru at July 19, 2005 04:40 PM

Can anyone look out the stats, I want to check the 25% increase out!

HOLA446

PG,

Would suggest if you don't want to get kicked off again you keep your inane ramblings to just one thread, we wouldn't want to clutter this board up with your attention seeking bullsh*t.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

"Get on your knees and thank the heavens for Gordon Brown for this golden economic era."

Hi Property Guru

Hmm - all paid for by one of the biggest borrowing binges we've ever seen (£1.2 trillion and rising). ;)

I'd happily share your optimism, if it were not for the fact that:

- the consumer is visibly re-trenching,

- inflation has been going up,

- interest rates are likely to go up more (unpick Mervyn King's coded comments over the past few weeks!),

- unemployment is rising,

- banktrupcies are up,

- debt distress is becoming very obvious (is it a coincidence that banks are now talking tough about securing previously unsecured debt onto houses?)

- Government faces £40bn black hole, meaning taxes likely to rise or mass redundancy (unemployment) in the public sector)

- trade deficit at record highs, making an export-led recovery difficult to achieve.

Whilst I agree that "low inflation + low interest rates = NO HPC", "rising unemployment + rising interest rates = spike that will burst asset bubble". After a long credit-fuelled boom, it is to be expected that the economy would continue to benefit from its warm after-glow with no apparent ill-effect. But now we face the cold reality of our borrowing binge - the impact of which is now beginning to filter through the various stats and will do so for many months to come!

Best regards

Chris

PS. I don't often post on this forum, but your post warranted a reply. :)

HOLA4410

At first I hated PG for his inane and dangerous ramblings encouraging people to BUY BUY BUY. Now I love him, no I really do. I go on SP occasionally to read his posts when I need cheering up...he's so so funny.

Post some more PG...awwww go on, please.

p.s. the rest of you should stop picking on poor old hard-of-thinking Property Guru.

Hope that helps!

HOLA4411

Thick poster. All he did was conspire with BOE to give the stupid brits cheap credit--whats miraculous in that? The thick brits are notorious for "have it all". This is apparent with new builds: they buy the new house with barely a penny to spare then fill it with new goods from argos on their credit cards, bay now pay later methodology. Problem is sooner or later the debt has to be paid back.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Everyone knows that.

Get on your knees and thank the heavens for Gordon Brown for this golden economic era.

Hope that Helps.

Property Guru

The same could be said of Al Greenspan in the US--the same growth and HPI has occured there. Ditto for OZ. Gordon has just been riding the wave of low interest rates and irresponsible lending by financial institutions. The problem for Gordon Brown is that when the economic cycle runs its course someone has to be blamed for the financial mess. All booms end in a bust and this time the boom has been larger than usual in which case the bust will reflect that economic fact. Gordon was in the right place at the right time. Now is the wrong time for politicians to be seen to be runing the economy because they are now having to find answers for the growing numbers of unemployed, the rise in personal bankruptcies, declining retail sales, why the house market is in its 16th month of decline and so forth.

Al Greenspan is resigning soon and Gordon should perhaps follow his mentor before he is asked to resign by an angry poplace left holding innovative mortgages on overpriced homes losing 10,000 pound a month when the rush for the exits begins in earnest.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

If you are to "nervous" to buy or "worried" about the economy you will never be confident about buying, it doesn't get any better than the current economic conditions.

Everyone knows that.

Hope that Helps.

Property Guru

Can't afford to buy (ONLY the average wage). God bless GB. I hope he hasn't got tinea because even though I can't afford a front door now, and at the current priced for the next 24 years, I'm looking forward to retirement in council sheltered housing, with HB paid and the income guarantee. To make sure I'm eligible I'm going to blow my still inadequate deposit when I'm 60 on well equipped 30 year old personal trainer and a course of botox. :P The council places are small but it will be my first real chance of social housing and I will have had my glory days. :lol:

Yey har.

PS: I don't know you because I'm only a novice bear but I hear your famous. Welcome famous bull. I get really bored with everyone making perfect sense. :D

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

for what it's worth even property guru thinks the economy is going to get worse (than 1.6% y-on-y presumably) :

Why are these bulls so easy to trash?

its cause they be a lil fick.

I dont think that he believes half of what he says, hes just doing the decent thing and giving us a common enemy, gets us all talking and that :)

HOLA4418

Everyone knows that.

Hope that Helps.

Property Guru

Is this person an estate agent, that would explain things what a total plonker, is his real name 'Rodney'

HOLA4419

Is this person an estate agent, that would explain things what a total plonker, is his real name 'Rodney'

no,he is just a poor misguided neo-yuppie who doesn't know what's about to hit him!!!!

PG.....I have some tips for you. for what it's worth,you'd better learn some history lessons and fast.....otherwise we will be more than happy to rename you DEBTSLAVE.

HOLA4420

Everyone knows that.

Hope that Helps.

Property Guru

Is this for real?

You trying to convince yourself?

So house prices will not fall below current levels - is that what you're saying? Will you promise to come back and post again if they crash?

:lol::lol::lol:

HOLA4421

Absolute gem of a quote.

You've just managed to sum up everything that is wrong with the Bulls argument in a few words.

Well done.

Here's a little secret about investing:

Buy at the bottom, sell at the top.

Guess where we are now?

Edited by BandWagon

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

But PG, Gordon Brown predicted the economy would be growing at 3 to 3.5% this year.

Everyone else pitched in with a lower figure, but oh no Gordon knew better.

Whoops!

Gordon also thinks house prices aren't going to crash and the economy isn't a fragile pack of cards built on consumer debt :unsure:

You don't have to answer this straight away because I know it is past your bedtime. Perhaps tomorrow the dinner lady will let you on to the computer at break time. :lol:

HOLA4424
HOLA4425