House Price Crash Forum

Former Millionaire Living In Sister's Shed After Business Fails

jay67

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

I find it so weird that someone has what it takes to start a business that nets her a million in clear profit, but not the common sense to prioritise taking care of herself in the long-term. In the exceedingly unlikely event that I managed to make a million's clear profit out of any work activity, about the first thing I would do would be to buy a solid asset that, if everything went wrong, I could at least realise and then buy an annuity with. But instead, this woman frittered it on a Hummer and bling. Strange.

HOLA445

It's not clear if she ever had a million in debt-free assets. The article says ~£600,000 for the gym and 'up to' ~£450,000 for the house, both together > £1million?

Sounds like the archetypal Schrödinger's millionaire.

HOLA446
HOLA447

I find it so weird that someone has what it takes to start a business that nets her a million in clear profit, but not the common sense to prioritise taking care of herself in the long-term. In the exceedingly unlikely event that I managed to make a million's clear profit out of any work activity, about the first thing I would do would be to buy a solid asset that, if everything went wrong, I could at least realise and then buy an annuity with. But instead, this woman frittered it on a Hummer and bling. Strange.

No, she said she was worth a million on paper. Her liabilities may have equalled or exceeded that.

What puzzles me is how her mortgage payments tripled.

edit: Just saw the Schrodinger's millionaire bit - nice!

HOLA448

No, she said she was worth a million on paper. Her liabilities may have equalled or exceeded that.

What puzzles me is how her mortgage payments tripled.

edit: Just saw the Schrodinger's millionaire bit - nice!

As posted on the other thread, she sold the house 14 months ago for £285K, not £160K.

I wonder if her creditors know that?

It was never worth anything like the £450K she claims. Even 'on paper'

The DM pics show she is an overweight woman with an overweight car. Not a good ad for a gym.

She lies through her teeth about her age.

Her problem is that she is useless with figures of any sort.

Proves how crap the DM is at checking easily verifyable facts.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

..had assets of more than a million pounds

Not a millionaire then in my book, especially given when the assets were sold she is left living in a shed. Clearly they were not worth a million.

The article should be retitled "Ugly Women Living in Shed"

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Archived