House Price Crash Forum

Tomorrows Indy

HOLA441

There you go

15656872.jpg

"Fewer mortgage approvals, a dip in consumer confidence and shares at a nine-month low lead The Independent to suggest that a housing market crash is unavoidable."

:D:P Well............. I might just buy that and frame it.........

Mind you - we've had so many false dawns over the last decade........ :rolleyes:

The VI's will have the person responsible for that front page assassinated...... :rolleyes:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

15656872.jpg

HAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

I LOVE the last bit - [unfortunately it doesn't say WHERE the "beautiful cottage" is...] :D:D

--------------------------------------

Kathleen Sadler, 84. Mrs Sadler, and her husband David, 75, have been trying to sell their home for three years.

"We never imagined that it would take so long to sell it," she said. "It is a beautiful cottage with four double bedrooms and a great garden, and it is in a beautiful area with brilliant schools. But not a single person made us an offer.

"We have been forced to bring down our price. Originally, we were trying to sell for £700,000 but have revised that down to £630,000. We also had windows refitted and the property re-wired. You would think such a great house would have sold by now but it hasn't. It is stressful, particularly at our age."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/how-long-can-the-housing-market-avoid-a-crash-2014108.html

-------------------------------------

WELL GET REAL MRS SADLER -- YOU PROBABLY PAID £27K FOR YOUR "BEAUTIFUL COTTAGE", [if not less!!] - SO DON'T BE SO BL00DY GREEDY!!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Edited by eric pebble

HOLA443
Guest The Relaxation Suite

15656872.jpg

If I were an actual bear I would prefer salmon fresh out the river, but as it stands, this will do for me just fine. More please.

HOLA444

HAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

I LOVE the last bit - [unfortunately it doesn't say WHERE the "beautiful cottage" is...] :D:D

--------------------------------------

Kathleen Sadler, 84. Mrs Sadler, and her husband David, 75, have been trying to sell their home for three years.

"We never imagined that it would take so long to sell it," she said. "It is a beautiful cottage with four double bedrooms and a great garden, and it is in a beautiful area with brilliant schools. But not a single person made us an offer.

"We have been forced to bring down our price. Originally, we were trying to sell for £700,000 but have revised that down to £630,000. We also had windows refitted and the property re-wired. You would think such a great house would have sold by now but it hasn't. It is stressful, particularly at our age."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/how-long-can-the-housing-market-avoid-a-crash-2014108.html

-------------------------------------

WELL GET REAL MRS SADLER -- YOU PROBABLY PAID £27K FOR YOUR "BEAUTIFUL COTTAGE", [if not less!!] - SO DON'T BE SO BL00DY GREEDY!!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yeah talk about a free ad for your house!!

----------------------

I never used to have much of an opinion about the newspapers (apart from always hating The Daily Express and their extreme reporting). People read what they want to read. Then reading stuff leading up to the General Election, I pretty much hate them all apart from The Independent. It's the only, generally, neutral one out there.

Great front page though, it's now my profile pic on Facebook, :lol:

They could've had a big graph on the front though. Or maybe the pic of a house on the edge of a cliff, ready to fall.

----------------------

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Just had some muppet on BBC news, reviewing the papers, said we are heading for a double dip recession, sovereign debt crisis kicking off all over the place. BUT! There'll be no HPC because foreigners will buy our houses innit. Knob. Must have an extensive BTL portfolio.

HOLA448

"The pressure on the banks will be increased in the coming months in any case as about £400bn in official support to them is due to be withdrawn, and banks will have to turn to wholesale money markets to support their lending."

Nice to see the article includes the above. I think the banks are trying to call the BoE's bluff and get these schemes to continue (SLS/CLG). I think the BoE will say no this time.

The bank have run out of cheap cash options and will have to increase rates and change their repossession policy to get cash in urgently.

VMR.

HOLA449

But as all us learned readers know all these factors will lead to an unheralded boom in prices - the Daily Diana will tell us so on their front page in just a couple of days.

After all, what is the readership of the Independent compared to the Diana? (no don't answer that the result will be profoundly depressing).

Indeed. This is how the Diana would interpret those figures.

Fewer than 50,000 mortgages approved in May - "Get down the mortgage shop - must be loads left over".

Consumer confidence down - "Great time to snap up a cracking bargain"

FTSE at 9 month low - "Don't invest in stocks - can't go wrong with Bricks and Mortar".

Living standards to stagnate - "Increase your income by investing in a sure-fire BTL "

HOLA4410

The Indie, for all its faults, actually does try to be a newspaper reporting news and facts as opposed to an agenda set by the owner, editor or political allegiance.

Except when it comes to global warming where they exaggerate and report only the most alarmist apocalyptic nonsense.

HOLA4411
Guest Steve Cook

Yeah talk about a free ad for your house!!

----------------------

I never used to have much of an opinion about the newspapers (apart from always hating The Daily Express and their extreme reporting). People read what they want to read. Then reading stuff leading up to the General Election, I pretty much hate them all apart from The Independent. It's the only, generally, neutral one out there.

Great front page though, it's now my profile pic on Facebook, :lol:

They could've had a big graph on the front though. Or maybe the pic of a house on the edge of a cliff, ready to fall.

----------------------

I've just read that article.

Oh the denial...

You've got to feel sorry for folks. They have been encouraged to build their futures on a pile of fresh air. And now there is no way out for them.

HOLA4412

THAT IS BECAUSE IT IS TOO F'ING EXPENSIVE

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Just had some muppet on BBC news, reviewing the papers, said we are heading for a double dip recession, sovereign debt crisis kicking off all over the place. BUT! There'll be no HPC because foreigners will buy our houses innit. Knob. Must have an extensive BTL portfolio.

The banks have turned off the credit tap for furriners as well. And the apreciating pound vs the Euro will rule out most French/Spanish/Germans/Italians etc from plunging into the London market to buy that des res 2 bed for 500K..............

I agree that the BBC VI must have a BTL portfolio. They know what is coming down the line. They are scared. Are we now only a few months away from the "Panic" phase of the next leg down? Maybe Sept 2010 will kick it off - once everyone and the City are back from their holidays in the sun?

Bring it on !!!!!!!!!!!!

HOLA4415

THAT IS BECAUSE IT IS TOO F'ING EXPENSIVE

They are 75yrs and 84yrs old. FFS !! And I assume they've paid the mortgage off years ago. This is money in the bank. Greedy old sods.............

They could buy a small place for 1/3 of that price, leaving them £350K. What are they planning to spend it on in their final 5-10 year? Cocaine and fast cars ? :lol:

HOLA4416

I agree that the BBC VI must have a BTL portfolio. They know what is coming down the line. They are scared.

Yes - no mention of hpc on the BBC - in fact, their main business headline is House prices rise again in June . Complete denial.

They are 75yrs and 84yrs old. FFS !! And I assume they've paid the mortgage off years ago. This is money in the bank. Greedy old sods.............

They could buy a small place for 1/3 of that price, leaving them £350K. What are they planning to spend it on in their final 5-10 year? Cocaine and fast cars ? :lol:

That's what I want to do, at that age.

HOLA4417

But, but what if Mr and Mrs Sadler had to remortgage so that Sadler junior could get on the property ladder, after all house prices only ever go up you know.

HOLA4418

Assuming the BoE force banks to roll-over debt by borrowing from wholesale money markets, I wonder who the next Northern Rock will be? Does anyone have a link to the latest LIBOR rates?Osborne has to implement something like the Glass-Steagall act quickly in order to permit crappy investment banks to fail without taking the retail side with them; without this we could potentially be looking at another round of ridiculous bailouts...

HOLA4419

If the printing stops. If the bailing stops.

You will have your crash.

But how many will have a stable job to get a mortgage and keep paying a mortgage?

This is the thing with Risk. Those that already have a mortgage may struggle to keep payments up.

Those applying for a mortgage without any previous mortgage payment history, will encounter difficulty.

Those who lose their job of course, won't be able to get one at all.

Hoping for a crash is one thing, being in a position to benefit from it though is another thing alltogether.

HOLA4420

This is the thing with Risk. Those that already have a mortgage may struggle to keep payments up.

Those applying for a mortgage without any previous mortgage payment history, will encounter difficulty.

Those who lose their job of course, won't be able to get one at all.

Hoping for a crash is one thing, being in a position to benefit from it though is another thing alltogether.

Do you mean aside from taking a long soak in a bath full of schadenfreude?

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

The Sun and The Mail each sell TEN TIMES the number of copies each day that the Indie does, I'm afraid.

Why? The events will unfold anyway, as sentiment and ignorance doesn`t translate into cash or dredit to buy houses? The more sheeple that are uninformed, the bigger the eventual stampede, and the bigger the lesson learned IMO.

HOLA4423

But how many will have a stable job to get a mortgage and keep paying a mortgage?

Very few, therefore IMO and as mentioned on the "engineered crash" thread, houses have served their purpose in producing profit for the ponzi masters so now they move the circus back to stocks or on to oil, gas, commodities, tulips etc? Houses get dirt cheap again and sheeple wanting profit have to be raped in another sector? Houses were GREAT because everyone wants/needs one but when the system breaks it breaks, profit takers moved on long ago.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Rampant inflation isn't exactly a recipe for economic nirvana either, though many people seem to think it will magically fix all their problems.