House Price Crash Forum

First Time Buyers - Hang On - Don't Buy

HOLA441

ALL FTB's out there -- HANG ON IN OUT THERE!!!!! Whatever, whatever, WHATEVER you do, do NOT buy now. After all the total bull***t of the last 5-6+ years - you have now JUST turned the tables. The boot is on the other foot, the sellers are begining to feel what you have felt like for years now; scared.

Suddenly, those smug sellers, speculators, BTL's, mortgage fraudsters etc etc. are smug no more - why? Because all you FTB's out there realised

(1) "value for money" ain't there AT ALL; we all know this clearly.

(2) That all you had to do as a collective group of people - i.e. - FTB's - was to stick 2 fingers up to the whole crazy, hyped up pile of horse***t that the housing market has become - and simply say "NO! We will NOT pay that stupid, insane price!". And by simply doing that, the entire market would eventually stop DEAD in its tracks. You have achieved what was always actually possible; you have stopped the whole PR organised, vested interest-led Mass Pyramid-Selling Scam - with all the rigged tv programmes, newspaper articles, media infestations of LIES, sophistry and rip-off scams galore.

Now, whatever you do, do not blink first! That is EXACTLY what they are dying for you to do. Do not let the bulls***ters out there con you into the market with all there "buy now or else" cr*p. JUST WAIT; very very patiently.

And this is the KEY, all you FTB's out there; You HAVE THE POWER: You are the tap from which the water flows out into the market: If you stay out [i.e. off], the flow stops. The water dries up.

Let the prices come down 30%; then 40%; and then 50%; and then 60%. And only then, only then, start to consider making offers. Teach them all a really sobering leson; teach them all the taste of their own medecine; prices can go up 180%, yes..... but they CAN ALSO GO DOWN 60% TOO!!!! Teach them!! Play it really, really cool. Good luck.

Edited by eric pebble

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
Well said eric.

If you dont want to spend your best years as a slave, dont buy now whatever you do. If you buy in a few years time you will be able to pay your mortgage and enjoy your life too.

Thanks Sine: We've got to keep the message out there -- NEVER before has it been so dangerous to enter a market - which is so over-priced it deifes belief.

TO ALL FTB'S [FIRST TIME BUYERS] OUT THERE:

You MUST understand that the whole thing is teetering on a brink right now!!! Right on the edge of an abyss!!

Hold out -- it is about to tumble - have faith. Just Understand - if you - earning a fair whack - cannot afford it - NO ONE can - bar the idiot BTL's !! JUST HOLD ON!!!!

TO ALL POTENTIAL FTB'S OUT THERE:

WHATEVER YOU DO - DO NOT EVEN THINK OF ENTERING THE MARKET NOW. THE GREATEST PYRAMID SELLING SCAM OF ALL TIME - THE UK HOUSING MARKET - IS COMING TO A SHUDDERING END -- AND ALL THOSE SELLERS and MONEYLENDERS OUT THERE ARE JUST HOPING AND WAITING FOR YOU TO BLINK FIRST. DO NOT DO THIS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!!!

As you all know -- UK house prices are totally ludicrous -- and need to come down at least 40%, if not 60%. All you FTB's out there -- it is up to you all to hold out and simply say - NO - I will not be ripped off - and I wil offer you 40% of your asking price - take it or leave it. DO THIS - if everyone does it - that's the problem sorted out.

Solidarity!! :huh: :angry: :P

HOLA444

Well said, Eric.

A little lugubrious, perhaps, but all the facts are there, and nicely put.

All that's left now is the 'opportunity' to indenture yourself into slavery for the rest of your life for a house / flat you wouldn't have touched with a bargepole 5 years ago so some sleazy layabout can retire 5 years early.

And while to some (VI's!!!) it may look like a 'soft landing' is still possible, wake up. It isn't.

The market has turned, and it must now run the downward leg before it can come back up again. That's gonna be a few years, my friends, like always.

It may very well undershoot the 30 - 40% the 'moderate bears' expect - who knows. Just watch and wait, watch and wait.

And enjoy the show!

HOLA445
A little lugubrious, perhaps, but all the facts are there, and nicely put.

I have extensively rewritten the document on FirstTimeBuyerHelp which makes the case not to buy at the moment.

Here it is :- http://www.firsttimebuyerhelp.co.uk/articl...ticle.aspx?id=3

If anyone has got any constructive comments about the article and in any way it could be improved etc., then let me know either here or by PM.

Thanks.

HOLA446
Guest pioneer31

Well said Eric

It's now time for the sellers, BTL brigade to SIT THERE AND PUT THEIR LIFE ON HOLD FOR 5-10 YEARS WHILST WE HOLD THEM TO RANSOM

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

yes well said,

the enlightened know it, but talking to a chap who's a FTB in the pub the other night, he'd got some viewings lined up.

I told him about the info on this site and to check net house prices to see what the flats had been bought for. But honestly he didn't want to know.

He's still in the 'missed the boat' mind set.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Well said Eric.

Last week I was ready, pen in hand, to sign my life away to become a FTB.

Thanks to a bolt of lightening and a google search which lead me to HPC I saw the error of my ways and withdrew from the purchase keeping my deposit safely in the bank and hopefully my financial future from ruins.

Gill

HOLA4414
Well said Eric.

Thanks to a bolt of lightening and a google search which lead me to HPC I saw the error of my ways and withdrew from the purchase keeping my deposit safely in the bank and hopefully my financial future from ruins.

Gill

Good Stuff Eric. You tell 'em. Agreed on all points. FTB's TAKE THE POWER YOU HAVE NOW. Don't buckle because prices have dropped a pathetic 2% or so. Hang around a bit longer. This is just the start. Don't let your family, friends or anyone else tell you that houses "always go up". They don't. The key is in your hands.

The last 4 EA's I have visited tell me the market is "stabilising". They may or not sincerely believe this but they are wrong. The evidence is overwhelming. Don't listen to VI's. Take a look around and make your mind up having seen all available information. This site is not the only one predicting a crash. Reading between the lines there are many many others saying the same thing, but not all are as candid as this site. Don't give up.

Well done Eric.

VP

Edited by VacantPossession

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
Guest horace

Sorry to disappoint eric but this weekend I have two couples coming to view my property. Both are FTBer`s.

lol

horace.

Edited by horace

HOLA4420
Sorry to disappoint eric but this weekend I have two couples coming to view my property. Both are FTBer`s.

lol

horace.

Well Horace -- I'm sure you're aware that - just becasue you've got a couple of people coming round to view yr property - that means NOTHING until their money is in your bank account!!! Wait for that ............ I hope you have some patience -- because I know of 12 people personally who have had several offers - only for them to fall flat........ i.e. Pull outs!! This is a rising phenomenon....And I have heard from all sorts of good sources that "Pull outs" are occuring in the thousands.... right across the UK......

HOLA4421
Guest horace

>> eric

you posted

"And I have heard from all sorts of good sources that "Pull outs" are occuring in the thousands.... right across the UK...... "

unquote.

Would you provide evidence please?

horace.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
>> eric

you posted

"And I have heard from all sorts of good sources that "Pull outs" are occuring in the thousands.... right across the UK...... "

unquote.

Would you provide evidence please?

horace.

Here's one for starters:

Times Online

“There’s a huge choice for buyers today, and as a result they take an age to decide. When they do take the plunge, they’re looking over their shoulders in case prices are falling or better deals appear. Therefore, many sales fall through. Even those that succeed involve months of discussion and uncertainty[/size=7]. A house can easily languish on the market for a year or more,” says Osborne Sumption of Stacks, a buying agency.

The few property firms thriving in the slowdown are so-called chain-breaking agents. These buy homes at well below their market value, usually from vendors whose offers on other properties have been accepted but who cannot sell their own quickly.

Chain-breakers typically pay 75%-95% of the property’s value, depending on its condition and location, and how quickly it can be sold on.

“We’ve had double the number of calls so far this year than in the same period of 2004,” says David Harber, marketing manager of one of Britain’s largest chain- breaking agencies, National Homebuyers. “Business picks up in September when sellers realise they’ve missed the boat and the buying year is effectively over. Last August, we had 5,000 calls, and then 20,000 in September — we expect far more this year.”

EDIT: Just found a load of examples in this thread on the Channel 4 forums too: In out in out shake it all about

Edited by Portent

HOLA4424
Well said Eric.

Gill

Probably the most valuable google search you ever did.

Welcome to HPC!

:D

HOLA4425

"Still trying to sell - hopefully we'll find someone to complete on us soon! At least they're not pulling out due to a problem with the house - all surveys have been fine."

Hehe, the irony!

IF ONLY IT WERE SOME PROBLEM WITH HOUSE ITSELF. This could be rectified or negotiated. She is totally unaware of the real issue, that the market has TANKED!

and many buyers are, at best just taking the piss.