House Price Crash Forum

Mod Can We Have That Gocompare Banner Advert Removed Please.

Justice

HOLA441
HOLA442
It’s another one of them in your face banners that expands as you move you mouse over it and then no one can get at the buttons on the menu.

Send them a bill for the extra screen estate they are taking up on the site

Doesn't do that with Google Chrome. Hover a mouse over it, and it disappears ! :blink:

Anyway I've just saved £20 a month on my car insurance with gocompare.com :lol:

HOLA443
Doesn't do that with Google Chrome. Hover a mouse over it, and it disappears ! :blink:

Anyway I've just saved £20 a month on my car insurance with gocompare.com :lol:

Yes i must try out that new browser.

google said it was going to bring out a operating system to compete with windows but that because bill gates want's to control the worlds seach engines.

what ever happend to the monoply and mergers commision and make no mistake Apple is controlled by MS and only kept alive to make it look like MS has competition.

lo-fi will be the way of the future

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
Yes i must try out that new browser.

google said it was going to bring out a operating system to compete with windows but that because bill gates want's to control the worlds seach engines.

what ever happend to the monoply and mergers commision and make no mistake Apple is controlled by MS and only kept alive to make it look like MS has competition.

lo-fi will be the way of the future

Do you work in IT? If so your view on Microsoft and Apple is very warped. Apple are blowing Microsoft out of the water from all sides and are gradually wrenching the home market away from Microsoft attacking via the iPod and iPhone. Soon you'll see Apple owning the home market space like they do the MP3 player space.

In contrast, every single one of Microsoft's business units is in serious financial problems apart from the one which produces Office. Microsoft have seriously screwed up everything they've done recently and have been rightly punished for it. I don't see them losing control on the business customers any time soon but the home market is slowly but surely slipping through their fingers.

Lets take a look at their recent products:

Vista -> The biggest pile of **** OS for a long time

Windows7 -> Fixes all the problems in Vista, almost catches up with OSX 10.5, Sadly for them OSX 10.6 is out now and moves the goal posts again

Zune HD -> A good stab at producing a portable media player (shame its about 2 years behind the equivalent iPod)

Bing -> They haven't quite figured that the search space is lost forever. They should've done the deal with Yahoo! when it was one the table.

X-Box -> Yep, this is a good'un. Shame they have to charge for X-Box live when Sony offer their equivalent for free. My personal expectation is that Apple will morph the Apple TV into an all round home media player including games downloads from the App Store.

Zune HD marketplace -> Hmmm, who's idea did they steal there ?

Microsoft retail stores -> Hmmm, who's idea did they steal there ?

Oh, and expect the computer world to be turned on it's head yet again when they release their tablet device, whatever that turns out to be. I can see all the OEM's sitting there right now with R&D teams ready to set loose on the catch-up trail once the device is released.

I could go on.

I think Apple is a far more credible and serious alternative than you do obviously.