HOLA441
  • Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
"Honey, I blew the budget"

"There are two rules at auctions: have the money ready and never, ever overbid. Our correspondent ignored them both..."

Still, Rosie was wearing her 'lucky mini-skirt".

http://property.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life...icle5816892.ece

Or she was a shill bidder and the other bidder didn't rise to the bait, I recently got shilled on ebay, you can spot shills miles off , I had a max of £1200 , it went up to £1020 then up to £1350 then retracted to £1180. This happened over and over and the guy ended up selling the bike to himself, :lol:

HOLA444
Guest sillybear2

This Millard woman... I can't remember what she looks like, anyone care to remind me? ;)

Edited by sillybear2

HOLA445
HOLA446
“Prices of auction property are starting to move up, which is why it might be a good time to start buying,” says Stuart Law, director of the online property business Assetz. “It’s an indicator that the market has reached a floor.”

that's ok then, no VI spin here...

I hate Rosie Millard, I really do. she's f*cking bankrupt.

HOLA447
Or she was a shill bidder and the other bidder didn't rise to the bait, I recently got shilled on ebay, you can spot shills miles off , I had a max of £1200 , it went up to £1020 then up to £1350 then retracted to £1180. This happened over and over and the guy ended up selling the bike to himself, :lol:

By shill do you mean fake? What is a shill?

HOLA448

The more I read it, the worse it gets.

It’s crystal-ball stuff, but I don’t see any end to people wanting to live on pretty squares in London. Or many new ones being built. So, on the basis that demand and paucity of supply will always buttress a market, even a faltering one, I’m content to wait.

Ah, lack of supply.

We are going to move into it – as soon as we’ve sold our current home – and I think in the long run it will prove to be a good buy.

Oh oh.

“Prices of auction property are starting to move up, which is why it might be a good time to start buying,” says Stuart Law, director of the online property business Assetz. “It’s an indicator that the market has reached a floor.”

Yeah, 'cos he's been really on the ball so far.

Edited by Scunnered

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
Guest sillybear2
Please please please someone tell me you can go to jail for bidding at auctions without having the readies to part with.

You can get away with it provided nobody finds out... so as long as you don't do something stupid and publish your misdealings in a national newspaper, etc.

I cannot for the life of me remember what this woman looks like... are you sure nobody has a picture? <_<

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

She did keep mentioning "sell our house" through the article, I felt all along that she seemed to think selling her house was an automatic right and was assured... but the fact the last line told us that it was for sale made me smile.

Who IS this annoying smug woman?

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
"I just HAAAAAD to have it!"
Okay, I can't prove she said that, but I bet she did.

So let me get this straight... she bought for a cool mill because she could see her family living there, but now she's trying to sell for 50% more before she's raised the funds to pay for it?

You would have to be an idiot to buy. I guess that skirt malfunctioned...

HOLA4420
But perhaps you've seen it a car auction ;)

I saw it at a property auction in Swansea last year. Of all the lots only one actually had any bids on it. These two guys starting bidding and suddenly one of them seemed to twig something was up - shortly after the auctioneer said that he was close to the reserve and tried to up him.

The chap then withdrew his last bid - didn't know you could do that - leaving the auctioneer to turn to the other bidder and asking him if he wished to continue. The chap immediately stood up and literally ran out of the room, leaving his car keys on the seat next to him.

Ten minutes later he sheepishly returned, grabbed his keys and ran out again.

HOLA4421
Please please please someone tell me you can go to jail for bidding at auctions without having the readies to part with. I'd love to see this clown behind bars, reflecting on the downsides of her lucky miniskirt.

no you can lose the deposit assuming she actually parted with it. She could 'pull' the chq. which cd get then get v. awkward. Even if she pays deposit and fails to complete they could persue her...not the best idea to fukc around at auction...

Edited by Converted Lurker

HOLA4422

I couldn't bring myself to read anything beyond the first paragraph.......it'd be a waste of five minutes of my life to read it.

much better would be to spend five minutes to write disparaging comments about the atrocious dullard. Just a shame no-one as yet seems to have the energy to read the entire advertisement feature and give her both barrels in the 'have your say' bit.

here's a quick link i found where she's 'playing' at being a 1950's style housewife.

http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_an...icle3510810.ece

If only she would actually take up the 'doting housewife' mantle [yeah, right!!!] full-time, that way we kill two birds with one stone. She stops visiting auction rooms and it'll save us from her witterings on about property and doing up dilapitated gergioan town houses for an online rag. :rolleyes:

Mr Dullard might perk up a bit aswell as a result. Can't be much fun being married to one of these miserable. obnoxious 'having it all' women who write articles in newspapers about how zany/clever/brave/impulsive they aren't. they have to live in a parallel dimension surely, the portal to which is somewhere in north london apparently.

Edited by spivtastic

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
She needs to sell her house.

I'm not sure that revealing that she's also just committed to a £1m purchase that she may be unable to fund is actually a good negotiating tactic.

:lol:

hmm...just thinking this through you wonder if she's actually exchanged on her own house and knows she's *safe*. No one could be that stupid, could they?

HOLA4425