House Price Crash Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Arron Banks in another "Vexatious Lawsuit" https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/jul/20/arron-banks-netflix-threat-great-hack-documentary Arron just comes across as dodgy to me. He carries himself like someone who is in possession of a personal construct that began with the self posed question of "should I trust myself?" and ended with "of course not".
  3. Yesterday
  4. I think there's some weird mental gymnastics/paradox within the Trump Administration where you've got Trump emboldened Neo Nazis who honestly want to eradicate the Jews (and Muslims alongside them, of course) and overseas they're still doggedly supporting Israel. It all seems internally unsustainable (and the Federal government seems to be getting as unsustainable as the Soviets, and pretty much already grinding to a halt with Obama).
  5. This is quite interesting for those here that don't have a paymaster.... https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/jul/20/the-great-hack-cambridge-analytica-scandal-facebook-netflix
  6. I was referring the the U.S. but you're right, in the UK they were bad in the immediate aftermath but as the economy recovered, wages and standards of living increased and that in part was because of the labour shortages and the wage inflation which necessarily followed. And it's happening again, right now but in Japan. The population is shrinking and yet the standards of living for the ordinary worker just seems to get better and better.
  7. Not sure how big these stores are, but it's quite likely, if you were working on full time equivalents in a decent sized supermarket to get to that number divided by 3 or 4 to staff the shop allowing for 2 shifts per day and days off/holiday. Retail does tend to have a lot of part time working, so even a store which needs 20 staff to operate could easily have 100 people on the books. Waitrose is probably heavily staffed compared to Lidl with all the fresh food counters/cafes etc.
  8. I was just staring at this blonde with enormous boobs with a neanderthal Lice is not fair
  9. A smaller march than the last 1 million job, but made the point...
  10. An insightful piece in the FT: https://www.ft.com/content/9f45954e-a975-11e9-90e9-fc4b9d9528b4 “Remainers have lost and must now accept defeat”
  11. 1930s. Huge number of brits were killed in ww1. Labour shortage. The years between the wars were good for labour. Saw a lot of social change, with tied labourers moving off rural estates.
  12. Never been this empty, either the weather or people have no money
  13. Lol if its empty may as well get the cans in at home.
  14. With wages at rock bottom who will be able to afford to anyway. Went for a job interview in a long time this week and i would be expected to rebuild sql and iis servers at will for a massive amount of 32k a year only 6k less than advertised. Not that i have those skills. Work for most is a time filling exercise nothing else. I made more money from work nearly 20 years ago add in inflation and house prices and work is nothing but brain occupation time. Those who think they are paid well probably are not.
  15. Getting pissed in a rowans bowling place, I come frequently the place is empty, when you go to the bar no queue anymore At Finsbury Park
  16. Not seen 5 quid a ticket for a long time. 90's maybe not sure. Considering pints of beer near me are upto 7 quid each i assumed thats what wveryone was paying.
  17. Even though the Leave voting demographic was heavily skewed towards UK citizens that have the highest levels of home ownership– the Boomers and pensioners in the generation before them? So what are you talking about?
  18. Houdini is on the right track. It's not a bank, it doesn't peddle debt and it has absolutely nothing to do with property finance etc Regardless, you could halve the price of property in London and most of its inhabitants - irrespective of profession - would still struggle to buy a very modest home.
  19. Looking at an individual company is quite different to looking at the economy in total. Without wishing to state the utterly and blindingly obvious - it's a good deal easier and the time scales are a good deal shorter. "Unpalatable truths" are truths. Truths are things you can prove. You cannot prove them and it's no good saying otherwise. There is no way you can give me even the broadest indication of where the economy will be in twenty years' time. You want to say that Brexit will make us all much poorer over the next twenty years and you can't. I haven't a clue what will happen to the economy over the next twenty years and neither have you; pretending otherwise is the real BS.
  20. Ah yes, the usual Brexit ******** when faced with unpalatable truths.. "Nobody can predict the future" Well, the forecasts aren't based on guesses. For instance, a friend of mine working for a consultancy models the effect on individual companies. It is calculated by looking at the tariff regime and delay costs on every single product or process used. They can then identify which products will no longer be viable when manufactured in the UK or changes that will need to be made and a precise cost for doing so.
  1. Load more activity
  • 243 Brexit, House prices and Summer 2020

1. 1. Including the effects Brexit, where do you think average UK house prices will be relative to now in June 2020?

• down 5% +
      • down 2.5%
      • Even
      • up 2.5%
      • up 5%

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.