House Price Crash Forum

How Do I Get The Replies To Follow On As They Used To?

tatty

HOLA441

I've searched the settings to try and work out how I can get back to the 'old' format of thread posts but can't work it out.

I'm seeing an abbreviated list of replies at the bottom of the original post but I can only seem to access them one at a time.

I'm rubbish at IT so i'll apologise in advance for my stupidity! :lol:

HOLA442
I've searched the settings to try and work out how I can get back to the 'old' format of thread posts but can't work it out.

I'm seeing an abbreviated list of replies at the bottom of the original post but I can only seem to access them one at a time.

On the right hand side of this page: Options->Display Mode-> Switch to: Standard

HOLA443
HOLA444

Click on "Options" at the top right of the thread (in the blue bar) and then "Switch to standard".

This seems to be happening to a lot of people. I had the same problem a while ago: that's how I know the answer!

HOLA445
HOLA446
Mods please delete this show of stupidity...who'd have thought the option to change to 'standard' layout would have been in the 'options' menu. :lol:

Don't worry, I think I did it myself once. Just wasn't watching where the mouse was clicking. Easily done.

Edit: Didn't realise it was also happening when the forum changed. Not your fault I guess :)

Edited by narrowescape

HOLA447
On the right hand side of this page: Options->Display Mode-> Switch to: Standard

Much appreciated but I found it just after i'd posted the thread.

Wonder if I can edit the title and content to a discussion about 'snow' or maybe mention the word 'gold'...that should get the thread binned double quick. :P

HOLA448
HOLA449

There is a solution to this common problem.

First if you are working from a desktop.

1. Remove the Cable attached to the screen.

2. Remove the Cable attached to the Keyboard

3. Remove the Cable attached to the Printer

4. Remove the Cable attached to the router, if not wireless

5. Uninstall Windows Vista, or XP by going to Control Panel, Install/Uninstall Programes.

6. Get a Bootup disk and reboot the computer with the disk in the A: Drive, or the CD/DVD Drive

7. Enter C:\Format C:

8 Place all computer components in a large box, ensuring liberal use of bubblewrap.

9. Take the computer back to the shop, as you are too stupid to own one.

Only Joking ;)