House Price Crash Forum

The Euro Is Getting A Rest For A Few Days !

HOLA441
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
It didn't happen.

You covered in a very odd place.

You now only have 7 weeks until March.

The odds are against you.

even if it goes to £1=1.15 i will be laughing,as to my cover i was a bit slow to take it, market had moved a bit before i got it in place.1=1.02 would have been very nice but it was not to be, for me their are many more clever people then me who probley got the 1=1.02.yes 7 weeks feeling is good the time is coming near. you will see things will start to turn next week,one week in the markets these days is a long time.

HOLA443
HOLA444
yes i am still laughing, will still be laughing unless it falls of the cliff,,if it goe's back down to £1=1.10 i will sell..i have taken cover at £1=1.07 i could sell the cover now and make a very nice sum..so far win,win,,...nothing i have said has changed...long term i wanted 1=1 by end of march or before..

the fact it happend before was good ,i'm in it for the long term i will cash in 50% of my money by the end of this month..everthing i said about march will come true, march is coming closer and closer now..

it's not hard to hedge when you have made a packet..no need to get out just hedge you can make it both ways if you were in early like me..

If you're so sure that it will be parity by March, why have you bothered to take out hedging cover?

Also, as you were asked before, if you are so sure that your mate in the pub is correct with his "parity in March" prediction, why dont you go short on Sterling now and make a packet?

If however, it turns out that you know jack, as the markets prove that you must, I will publically p1ss myself laughing if the rate is similar today in March or even worse, after you have made your 1779 posts on here, all blethering on about the Sterling / Euro rate.

If it does turn out to be parity, then your prediction will be down purely to luck.

Edited by Johnny Cash

HOLA445
If you're so sure that it will be parity by March, why have you bothered to take out hedging cover?

Also, as you were asked before, if you are so sure that your mate in the pub is correct with his "parity in March" prediction, why dont you go short on Sterling now and make a packet?

If however, it turns out that you know jack, as the markets prove that you must, I will publically p1ss myself laughing if the rate is similar today in March or even worse, after you have made your 1779 posts on here, all blethering on about the Sterling / Euro rate.

If it does turn out to be parity, then your prediction will be down purely to luck.

if i am wrong i will hold up my hand....to take cover is a win,win for me...

HOLA446
HOLA447
if i am wrong i will hold up my hand....to take cover is a win,win for me...

Yes but Id like you to explain how you are so sure of Sterling - Euro parity in March yet have taken out a hedge in case it isnt. It doesnt make it a win win, it limits the potential loss but also the potential gain.

Come on, you clearly have enough time on your hands to put 1780 bullsh1t posts on here full of silly smilys all telling us how there will be £€ parity in March, so tell us why you need to insure your position.

HOLA448
even if it goes to £1=1.15 i will be laughing,as to my cover i was a bit slow to take it, market had moved a bit before i got it in place.1=1.02 would have been very nice but it was not to be, for me their are many more clever people then me who probley got the 1=1.02.yes 7 weeks feeling is good the time is coming near. you will see things will start to turn next week,one week in the markets these days is a long time.

When, what price and what leverage did you go long Euro Sterling out of interest?

(Let's ignore for the moment you claim to have covered only after it retraced 7%, having ramped this trade to mars and back)

Edited by Red Kharma

HOLA449
Yes but Id like you to explain how you are so sure of Sterling - Euro parity in March yet have taken out a hedge in case it isnt. It doesnt make it a win win, it limits the potential loss but also the potential gain.

Come on, you clearly have enough time on your hands to put 1780 bullsh1t posts on here full of silly smilys all telling us how there will be £€ parity in March, so tell us why you need to insure your position.

Why exactly are you so bothered? Can't you just ignore?

HOLA4410
Why exactly are you so bothered? Can't you just ignore?

It just irritates me when someone with so little to say makes so many posts saying it. I think you're right though, Ill think I will ignore it from now on.

Edit to add,

it also irritates me that so many people who post here, delight in running down Sterling.

When the country is bankrupt and with there really being a run on the currency and there is hyperinflation with wages failing to keep up, then I think they'll be happy. Only think is? what will they do then? I doubt 1 in 100 would actually be able to make it abroad away from English telly and with their schoolboy/girl French or whatever.

People should eb careful what they wish for.

Edited by Johnny Cash