House Price Crash Forum

Google Now Worth $71bn - £38.7bn

DEATH

Given its income is mostly advertising, rember what uderperfomed in the last crash WPP and all ... SURE google will miss one of thier earning expectations within the next few years, then the many will sell and the few will cover thier shorts.

By the way Im not saying short it yet cos i think a squeeze is or will be on. .

IMO

Sp1

EDIT - price has moved from around 260 to 288 since I wrote the above. And has come from 180 a few months ago!

Edited by sp1

GOOGLE NOW WORTH $71BN - (£38.7BN)

TESCO £24BN + BT £18BN = £42BN

Would you swap Tesco and BT for Google?

If the answer is yes, maybe I could interest you in my web page!!

D

Since I posted that last week GOOGLE has now gone up even more, it is now judged to be worth over $77 billion (£42.5 billion), nearly £4 billion more than it was 7 days ago!

How long can this continue, is it really worth this much money? It will soon be approaching 1/10th of a TRILLION dollars.

Does anyone here have a business, or personally, give them money for anything they do?

Caveat emptor.

D

How long can this continue, is it really worth this much money? It will soon be approaching 1/10th of a TRILLION dollars.

I think that Google shares are in a bubble. Look at the spike starting April 2005.

Sure, Google is a big and successful company but to price their shares more than Time Warner or other big media companies doesn't sound right to me.

_40602556_google_share_gra203.gif

George i want to know more, can you exlplain, please.

(genuine question not a challenge as it would fit into Larry Livermore's trading methods if there was a near/medium term down side visible to insiders, which I thinck is the genral worsening consumer spending, bad debts, hpc, monetary , fiscal, sentiment, employment, global economy, oil, metals, capital expenditure policies/prices, but if you have other specifcs thats even better.)

sp1

Don't be surprised to see GOOG rise to 500c. Stupidity knows no bounds.

Google has ben around a while, and current EPS is only 2.53c - Personally I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole.

One day they WILL fall from grace. It happened with Netscape, Yahoo, and many other one-time internet leaders.

George i want to know more, can you exlplain, please.

(genuine question not a challenge as it would fit into Larry Livermore's trading methods if there was a near/medium term down side visible to insiders, which I thinck is the genral worsening consumer spending, bad debts, hpc, monetary , fiscal, sentiment, employment, global economy, oil, metals, capital expenditure policies/prices, but if you have other specifcs thats even better.)

sp1

well its gone poor since the Florida update, a major revision to how it ranks pages. A lot of people in the web community dont use it anymore. Yahoo has gained back some popularity.

• 3 weeks later...

Blimey. 304c now, chart breakout and sailing in clear blue water! $84.5bn market cap, while everything else around has slumped.

Anyone want to bet against 500c by Christmas?

GOOG Chart

I reckon the bubble will burst before 500c... but not confident enough that I would put money on it. After all, if it's already risen 200%, what's another 50-60%?

Edited by Van

As a comparison:

Google's share climb continues, tops $300

Monday June 27, 5:58 pm ET

By Lisa Baertlein

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Shares of Web search leader Google Inc. (GOOG - News) topped the $300 mark for the first time on Monday, closing up more than 2 percent to $304.10.

////

Google, which recently ousted eBay as the Internet's most valuable name with a market valuation of more than $87 billion, now trades at a multiple of 48 times analysts' 2005 projected earnings per share.

EBay's comparable multiple is 46, Yahoo's is 62 and Amazon's is 56. (Additional reporting by Arindam Nag in New York and Doris Frankel in Chicago)