House Price Crash Forum

House Price Crash Discussion Thread

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

Oh thank god there is a thread about this.

please help me.

My partner and i bought a very nice but rather small three bed house last july for £148,000.00.

If the crash that is predicted happens, i know (because i work in property) that we are about to lose about 20k on this house.

i am trying to explain to my partner that this is BAD as we would then have a mortgage for this house (which, although not a 100% mortgage, is still quite high) and wont be able to pay it off. and therefore we wouldnt be able to buy a new house.

he just reckons we could remortgage for what's left of this house and the new house (which, he says, will be cheaper due to the crash)

Please can someone explain? who is wrong here? am i being mislead by my colleagues or is my boyfriend a div?

thanks

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for your replies m00m00 and WTF?, very useful.

The discount I would get (as of next January) is 50%, with a cap of 37,500. I don’t know how much the flat is currently worth, but if it helps it a first floor, one bedroom.

Would being in an area with lots of new builds make a difference? My town has LOADS of new apartments, anywhere remotely near some water is being tagged "riverside living" or something.

Could anyone recommend a good way for a layman to start to keep an eye on what’s happening with the market? Perhaps some websites?

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
Sorry if this has been posted before but when did this start, I have had no tinternet for a while.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=580154

Should there not be a banner HPC stating the origional and best !

I honestly can't be @rsed reading through much of what's on there

but surely the more talk of the crash the better

noticed a couple of other threads on thre pointing to recent articles

so hopefully the sentinment can seep through the nations tiny minds so they can realise theres more to this than cheap pick + mix

hopefully they'll read more mainstream pages like this > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7795672.stm

rather than believe thier EA/VI propaganda

HOLA447
Oh thank god there is a thread about this.

please help me.

My partner and i bought a very nice but rather small three bed house last july for £148,000.00.

If the crash that is predicted happens, i know (because i work in property) that we are about to lose about 20k on this house.

i am trying to explain to my partner that this is BAD as we would then have a mortgage for this house (which, although not a 100% mortgage, is still quite high) and wont be able to pay it off. and therefore we wouldnt be able to buy a new house.

he just reckons we could remortgage for what's left of this house and the new house (which, he says, will be cheaper due to the crash)

Please can someone explain? who is wrong here? am i being mislead by my colleagues or is my boyfriend a div?

thanks

Thanks for your replies m00m00 and WTF?, very useful.

The discount I would get (as of next January) is 50%, with a cap of 37,500. I don’t know how much the flat is currently worth, but if it helps it a first floor, one bedroom.

Would being in an area with lots of new builds make a difference? My town has LOADS of new apartments, anywhere remotely near some water is being tagged "riverside living" or something.

Could anyone recommend a good way for a layman to start to keep an eye on what’s happening with the market? Perhaps some websites?

What a complete imbecile. Some people deserve everything they are going to get.

HOLA448

In some cases I do believe the term 'sheeple' is very apt.

I was reading some of the posts on MSE in the spring, things like builder wants £x for the new build bank wants valuation.

Got it valued at £x less than builders say it's worth. What shall we do ?

In between the blah replies were a couple of mega crash coming don't do it you'll regret it for years to come.

A week or so later origional poster says we bought, really happy etc.

MSE hugs all round :):):)

I am now wondering if they are counting sheep trying to get to sleep at night, hence the term 'sheeple'

Or have they not noticed the falls even now, surely not ?