House Price Crash Forum

Rental Prices In Ulster

tokenpunter

Currently living in south east England where rental prices are about 70 to 90% the cost of buying. Ultimately this will provide some cushion for the crash. Back visiting Ulster for xmas at the moment and noticed in EA window that rental price for large detached houses appear very cheap, would estimate 40 to 60% cost of buying. Is this generally true in Northern Ireland?

Rental prices for apartments are quite high, but I imagine they are alot cheaper than SE England prices. Of course, buying is more expensive than renting. There are plenty of examples where buying would cost three times as much per month as renting - I woulnd't be surprised if people were able to find even more extreme examples than that.

Detached houses are generally not that expensive to rent when you consider what you get for your money. I have seen cases in Belfast where £800 a month can get you either a pokey 2 bed apartment or a massive 4 bed double fronted detached house.

Edited by JoeDavola

Rental prices for apartments are quite high, but I imagine they are alot cheaper than SE England prices. Of course, buying is more expensive than renting. There are plenty of examples where buying would cost three times as much per month as renting - I woulnd't be surprised if people were able to find even more extreme examples than that.

Detached houses are generally not that expensive to rent when you consider what you get for your money. I have seen cases in Belfast where £800 a month can get you either a pokey 2 bed apartment or a massive 4 bed double fronted detached house.

Cost of renting a two bedroom apartment in a half decent area in my town (SE england) is around £700pcm. I dream of owning a detached house like most folks I guess. Currently own a small flat, but could not afford to move back home at the moment unfortunately. Hope houses become more realistic in price here.