House Price Crash Forum

I was just watching Panorama last night, thinking how much pro-government spin was put on the story when it struck me that the word "spin" is itself "spin".

Where was the opposition viewpoint when nice Mr Darling explained how he sorted out those nasty banks?

Where were the banks themselves?

Instead of the cute "spin" word we should be calling this what it really is - PROPAGANDA!!

But that would conjure up images of The Nazis or something a bit sinister... not our doubleplussgood New Labour friends who saved the world once and stand ready to save it again and again (ie every time their rescue still hasn't actually worked).

Is it too late to ask everyone to replace the word "spin" with "propaganda" or are we too brainwashed?

:ph34r:

Is it too late to ask everyone to replace the word "spin" with "propaganda" or are we too brainwashed?:ph34r:

Great idea, but it will never gain ground for as long as the main broadcaster in the country is acting like ZanuLabour's PR department.

I'd like to see the media using the work 'propaganda' instead of spin. I'd also like to see the term 'Brownturn' adopted in order to counter the ludicrous claim that it's an American problem in origin - but it won't happen.

"We are uniquely positioned to weather the Brownturn". Yeah, that's because we're the only country in the world with a Brown at the helm.

I was just watching Panorama last night, thinking how much pro-government spin was put on the story when it struck me that the word "spin" is itself "spin".

Where was the opposition viewpoint when nice Mr Darling explained how he sorted out those nasty banks?

Instead of the cute "spin" word we should be calling this what it really is - PROPAGANDA!!

But that would conjure up images of The Nazis or something a bit sinister... not our doubleplussgood New Labour friends who saved the world once and stand ready to save it again and again (ie every time their rescue still hasn't actually worked).

Is it too late to ask everyone to replace the word "spin" with "propaganda" or are we too brainwashed?

No, it's not too late, and I shall begin to do just that. "Spin" is Newspeak for propaganda, just as "investment" has become Newspeak for government spending. We need to reclaim these words and their meanings before a true understanding is lost forever.

Well put, I just thinking about when the major banks apparently went against the federal reserve act in their media 'spin' to get the people to vote the act in.

It's as if they were saying they on the programming that the banks didn't wan't govt. money. They survive of taxpayers money and were given more of it.

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”

Goebbels

With all propaganda you have this problem, if you constantly lie and don't base anything on the truth at some point it will all fail. Fortunately we are not at this point yet so the govt can keep lying.

what was this programme about?

A great deal was dedicated to the great 'Pesto' surely?

and we had a couple of the same clips showing the Prime Chancellors stooge 'adisastr' darling chuckling how he said

'im going to bed sort it at by 5a.m.? wotaplonker- banks about to crash so he says & he's off to bed......

bottom line at best -yes 'how Pesto got the info but *****y b'ks saved the day-bearing in mind he (c/b'ks) can't fart without bonzo saying O.K.

Ref bbc-Archbishop of C'burys comments attacking in effect Bonzo Brown NOT shown on BBC (TV) News at all

merry xmas