House Price Crash Forum

I'm glad you've put the google search in as the other one was useless. One other point. Now we have the Halifax and Nationwide indicies on the front page, could anyone amend it into a kind of count down clock with the prices decreasing every hour. You know, like the New York Debt Clock but in reverse?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know what you've done with the forum but it's ******* dreadful. The font size now seems more or less how it was but the font itself or the spacing or something is playing absolute havoc with my eyesight. I'm finding it nigh on impossible reading articles and comments as I could before the changes.

Sorry chaps, but I couldn't give a fig about whether the US base rate is at the top of the page if I can't read the articles and posts quickly and without my eyes popping out of my skull. I don't care about the prettiness I want the content. I have no idea why this site is now seemingly different from most others, but whatever you've done has ruined it. :angry:

I think each topic should show the thread title at the top (to the left of ratings & options). Although, it does show on the top of tabs and at the top of the browser.

Edit: I've just realised it does, although it's in white writing on a white background!

It does...

Ah yes, sorry, but the cookie expires end of session so every time I open the browser up, which is every time I visit the site anew, which is several times a day, I have to press the minute stretch button.

Perhaps a preference in the user panel for the default setting ?

Pent

Jason, can you post a screenshot of what you mean. I see the title to the left of ratings and options... it's white on a blue background for me?

Paul

The left is a normal screen grab, the right is if I select the text. I'm using Firefox version 3. I don't have this problem in IE7:

42205693de7.jpg

I don't know what you've done with the forum but it's ******* dreadful. The font size now seems more or less how it was but the font itself or the spacing or something is playing absolute havoc with my eyesight. I'm finding it nigh on impossible reading articles and comments as I could before the changes.

Sorry chaps, but I couldn't give a fig about whether the US base rate is at the top of the page if I can't read the articles and posts quickly and without my eyes popping out of my skull. I don't care about the prettiness I want the content. I have no idea why this site is now seemingly different from most others, but whatever you've done has ruined it. :angry:

Could you upload a screenshot so we can see what you mean? The font now looks the same to me on my computer...

Another annoyance. After reading a thread, pressing the browser (Firefox) Back button to return to the thread list would not only scroll to the last thing I clicked on, but would also leave it highlighted with a dotted line, making it easy to see where I was. Now it does neither, making it a right royal pain in the **** to get to the "next" thread (compared to how it used to be)

Could you try pressing CTRL + F5 or CTRL + R (force refresh) and see if that makes any difference? It might be that you have cached an old style sheet. The title bar should be blue.

The problem still exists. I'll try at home later..

Another annoyance. After reading a thread, pressing the browser (Firefox) Back button to return to the thread list would not only scroll to the last thing I clicked on, but would also leave it highlighted with a dotted line, making it easy to see where I was. Now it does neither, making it a right royal pain in the **** to get to the "next" thread (compared to how it used to be)

This is a strange one... it appears to a bug with firefox. I think it works OK with Safari and IE. It may have been introduced via a recent firefox update...

There is a fix for it here:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Scroll_position_..._not_remembered

It looks as though the recent Firefox update (both for version 2 and 3) has caused the scroll position to not be saved in the history, this update happened a few days ago.

I've found this problem in many other websites as well, including facebook, so is not specific to HPC or its recent update. It is to do with how Firefox handles pages when login sessions are involved.

This appears to be the same as a bug they had 5 years ago:

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=215405