Mega

HOLA441
MEGA job loesses

£ Crash's PAST £1 to 1 Euro

House price crash gains more speed!

.....................I can't wait!

Mike

Are you any relation to the GRIM REAPER?????? :P

It's like Mother Nature is about to reap her vengence on an ungrateful spoilt unpatriotic dirty generation who have shat on her beloved beautiful British Isles for the last 30 years...........

I think of the great man Bomber Harris as he stood watching the Blitz on London from the roof of the Air Ministry

THE HAVE SOWN THE SEED ........... NOW LET THEM REAP THE WHIRLWIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Yeah more job losses yeah more repossessions yeah more poverty.....

Ooops its getting a bit close now....

Oh heck even social inadequates who sit in eating Netto baked beans and recounting coppers aren't immune......

Not enough food to go round now. Landowners hold the whip hand and allow the common man small plots of land in return for a days labour....

Yes for all those that desire a complete economic breakdown keep on going - we'll get to a good old fashioned feudal system soon - you bl**dy idiots.

I am against unsustainably high house prices and as a personal choice I have no borrowing and wince at the borrowing some others take on. But equally I don't want to see a depression, families broken up, kids suffering. If you do you have no place in modern society.

HOLA443
Yes. Here in Devon the denial and arrogance goes on. Some folk seem convinced that they deserve to get overpaid for their run-down, pokey hovels, even if it means ripping others off. Back in the North West in my area, they would be lucky to get half of what Devonians charge, for the same property.

HPC may not happen here in Devon, as the people who buy are often retired with a house paid for. They don't need a mortgage. There are also those who would rather pay over the odds for something, than look 'cheap'. Apparently this is a brand of snobbery peculiar to Brits. :rolleyes:

I tell ya, it says it all when you watch 'Golden Balls' and see the deceit, scheming and greed there.

completely agree. Also here in Devon. Also experiencing alot of arrogance over prices. I make an offer - they are not even prepared to haggle - they just tell me to sod off. And they've been on the market since pre-Spring 2008. They are older people; they have no mortgage; they seem not to be in a rush.

HOLA444

****** it, far as I'm concerned this huge economic crash is simply ESSENTIAL for society. People are obsessed and motivated by falsehoods, led by greed rather than morality.

The correction is long overdue and people need to get a grip

This is not a wish for a breakdown in society, rather a historical correction in mentality

HOLA445
HOLA446
I was talking about people in rented accomodation who suddenly find their home repossessed from under them with little or no prior warning. That can hardly be classed as their fault.

This is impossible, by definition. People who rent homes do not own them - hence, a repossession from them is not possible. I'd agree that tenants need protection in law from feckless, greedy (and often corrupt and insolvent) landlords.

Total societal breakdown is a high price for a cheap house.

Do you really believe that society will break down if people are required to pay for what they acquire with money they have? To my mind, the idea that it is only possible to secure shelter if you're deemed creditworthy and are willing to take on crippling debt that will likely end in bankruptcy is far more likely to lead to a breakdown in society. In fact, I think it has already happened. The question that remains is this: is the state ready to admit the mistakes and accept the consequences now, or are we ready to strive for an economic framework so rigged that desperate people emerge who see no alternative but to turn to radical (aka terrorist) acts? Society will always break down when one demographic so dominates another under rule of law that there is a revolt. After the Great Depression there was conflict as people aligned with their national identity... today, with the globalism arising thereafter... a similar conflict seems unlikely... but that doesn't mean the threats arising from inequitable treatment are resolved.

While I started thinking about economics and finance from the perspective of houses (because they were a very visible absurdity which directly affected my life) I quickly realised that the consequences of the cause of the housing bubble was not restricted to house prices... rather, it permeates every aspect of secular life. It defines the social groups with whom I interact; it influences greatly the attitudes and behaviours of the majority of the public; it determines political leadership; it determines careers; ownership of businesses - and their management; the environment and quality of life; security and community - and, of critical importance to anyone prudent.... ability to be self sufficient in retirement... both from a perspective of investment opportunities/investment risks - but also in terms of inflation risks... a key concern for anyone trying to determine when it is safe to retire.

Maybe an upheaval such as the ones of the 'worst case scenario' are justified in this wider context? In 2007 - as things were - I saw no worthwhile future whatsoever... irrespective of any choice I might make. During 2008, I was encouraged by the prospect of changes outside my influence - and I hope that in 2009/2010 that they are considerable in scope and influence. Britain is not without hard working and capable people; it is not without a temperate climate and a relatively benign legal and political system; it is not without the resources that count today. Unfortunately, with the rapid expansion of debt, these people have been unable to effectively use the resources at their disposal for several reasons:

* The lure of profit from trading assets among ourselves is greater than the lure of profits from production or the provision of services with a positive consequence.

* Management of the short term risks associated with large nominal debts prevent appropriate attention being given to the core business - often resulting in management decisions which are awful in the long run, but essential in the short run.

* Rising asset prices encourage asset owners to hoard - intentionally creating artificial scarcity and inefficiency in order to maximise the equity represented by the capital assets they control.

* Spiralling complexity in financial and legal matters result in a haze that prevents non-experts from making sound decisions in all aspects of their lives.

Maybe changing the nature of society is a price worth paying to address these issues?

Edited by A.steve

HOLA447
Yeah more job losses yeah more repossessions yeah more poverty.....

Ooops its getting a bit close now....

Oh heck even social inadequates who sit in eating Netto baked beans and recounting coppers aren't immune......

Not enough food to go round now. Landowners hold the whip hand and allow the common man small plots of land in return for a days labour....

Yes for all those that desire a complete economic breakdown keep on going - we'll get to a good old fashioned feudal system soon - you bl**dy idiots.

I am against unsustainably high house prices and as a personal choice I have no borrowing and wince at the borrowing some others take on. But equally I don't want to see a depression, families broken up, kids suffering. If you do you have no place in modern society.

Great - then voted the pr*cks out who got us in this mess.

No one wants social breakdown but this government through usury have got us into this position for short term political gain- and now they want to re-create the conditions to get us further int hock. I don't want that for myself and for this country.

A price has to be paid - so the question is who should pay the price?

So far all I see is bail-outs, companies, the over indebted and just about everyone. What about pensioners, savers, those children who will never afford a patch of land on this forsaken island. What did they do wrong?

Politics is serious - it has consequences.

Again - no one wants social breakdown but we are in a serious situation and the price will have to be shared and it will have to be paid.

HOLA448
MEGA job loesses

£ Crash's PAST £1 to 1 Euro

House price crash gains more speed!

.....................I can't wait!

Mike

I see what everyone means by objecting to this post but dont you think that there is some Darwinian logic to it?

Sure we will all suffer but who can stand up and say thay hav'nt been complient in the avoriciouse, vain and greedy society that we now call home.

I think in some way he/she is right. To hell with the lot of us. We need to suffer, suffering is good for the sole they say. Perhaps we will learn not to be so stupid and gullible in future.

We had it easy and look what a mess we made of it. Now we will learn the hard way.

Edited by charliemouse

HOLA449
HOLA4410

would we rather pass this burden onto the next generation?

we have to deal with it, if that means huge job losses, mass unemployment so be it.

I'm sick of people unable to face the consequences of their actions in this country.

When I say "their" I also refer to the fact that we as the electorate allowed this to happen in the first place. Stop being duped by the constant lure of money by constantly treasonable governments, place value elsewhere. The government has had it time, and proved unable to govern

HOLA4411
erm.... me actually

:unsure: ... ahhh yes... I s'pose with the reduction in going out they would last longer...

Realy? you diddnt upgrade your phone every year or use a credit card?. You never ate food from half way arround the world or fly to a forign land just for fun?. I asume your PC has 250 mb of ram and 10gb hard drive with an agp graphics card because you never felt the need to upgrade it, or anything els?. no wide screen tv or anything?

Perhaps not and i would salute you for that but most people, me included, atleast partialy fell for the consummerist brainwashing that was pumped into us for the passed 15 years. Most people (not you obviously) need to wake up and smell the coffee, to stop being so easily ripped off and taken for a ride by the media and regain a sence of proportion.

Most people will have to be draged kicking and screeming back to reality. Its going to hurt but its ok, its a good hurt.

HOLA4412

I can't believe..... wait sorry, this is HPC.co.uk.... I CAN believe the IDIOT who started this thread and the IDIOTS who seem to be supporting it. It just perfectly sums up this site and the majority of people who post on it for me.

I can understand you all getting nice and excited at the thought of grabbing yourselves a bargain, but don't hide behind your fake morale justifications. At least not doing so is what the OP has to his credit. The post previous to mine talks about 'sacrificing jobs now for the good of our future generations'...... hahaha. So what is this cruel world that children are being born into now.... they have to pay an overpriced £150 extra a month on their mortgage?

The majority of you lot bash this 'greed' culture. Let's think about this shall we? How many times have I read... "I'm hoping for 30% off", followed by "30% are you joking? At LEAST 50%". "No wait, bring on 70%" etc etc. I think some of you guys need to take a step back and have a think about who's being greedy and selfish.

The intentions of this site might have been good at the beginning, but now it is simply turning into a cult of greedy, selfish and evil, yes... evil people who wish for millions of unhappy families this christmas in order to save a few bob off a house.

HOLA4413
Realy? you diddnt upgrade your phone every year or use a credit card?. You never ate food from half way arround the world or fly to a forign land just for fun?. I asume your PC has 250 mb of ram and 10gb hard drive with an agp graphics card because you never felt the need to upgrade it, or anything els?. no wide screen tv or anything?

Perhaps not and i would salute you for that but most people, me included, atleast partialy fell for the consummerist brainwashing that was pumped into us for the passed 15 years. Most people (not you obviously) need to wake up and smell the coffee, to stop being so easily ripped off and taken for a ride by the media and regain a sence of proportion.

Most people will have to be draged kicking and screeming back to reality. Its going to hurt but its ok, its a good hurt.

:)

I do have possessions, my TV was second hand in 1998 (PYE) for £60 and still still works great, my amp and CD player were a bit extravagant as they were new (8 years ago amp and 5 years ago CD player) but the rest is second hand (speakers, tuner) my PC is three years old I also have two laptops both second hand (I am in IT), don't own a car or have a driving licence and just pay for SIM (get handsets from work cast offs), save 100% of my wages and my partner and I live on her wage, we travel abroad... but that is because my wife is foreign.... see what I mean

Yes it is all relative, compared to a Tibetan monk I am extravagant, but for the Western world I live as basically as possible while being able to hold down a job and be part of society.

I will not struggle one tiny bit if it goes tits up. The time of the risk taking idiots is over, the prudent, practical and resourceful step forward :)

HOLA4414
The economy is broken; the productive are marginalised as debt (just like in Enron) is used universally to avoid honest decisions being made and from the cold light of reality from dawning.

We have bankruptcy laws to allow the escape from the burden of debt - and I support a welfare safety net to allow you to pick up the pieces. I do not support perpetuating an insane and malevolent system that disadvantages not only yourself - but everyone - including your children. Perhaps it is time to review priorities and decide what is really important?

Excellent post A.steve. Especially the last sentence.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
I can't believe..... wait sorry, this is HPC.co.uk.... I CAN believe the IDIOT who started this thread and the IDIOTS who seem to be supporting it. """It just perfectly sums up this site and the majority of people who post on it for me.""""?????

I can understand you all getting nice and excited at the thought of grabbing yourselves a bargain, but don't hide behind your fake morale justifications. At least not doing so is what the OP has to his credit. The post previous to mine talks about 'sacrificing jobs now for the good of our future generations'...... hahaha. So what is this cruel world that children are being born into now.... they have to pay an overpriced £150 extra a month on their mortgage?

The majority of you lot bash this 'greed' culture. Let's think about this shall we? How many times have I read... "I'm hoping for 30% off", followed by "30% are you joking? At LEAST 50%". "No wait, bring on 70%" etc etc. I think some of you guys need to take a step back and have a think about who's being greedy and selfish.

The intentions of this site might have been good at the beginning, but now it is simply turning into a cult of greedy, selfish and evil, yes... evil people who wish for millions of unhappy families this christmas in order to save a few bob off a house.

Well you can always switch it off. The house price crash which is now overwhelming the economy is a good thing and a sign that this financial madness is comming to an end. Sorry about your crap christmas but what did you expect? Half a million quid for a two up two down in basingstoke by 2012.

We are not posting here for you, we are posting here for us. Perhaps its you who is selfish.

"runs behind blast proof barrier and closes eyes" ;)

HOLA4417

Do you think that this site, or the people who post here, have had anything to do with what is happening now? It would have been great if only the people who had helped to cause this, had been hurt by it on the way down. Life isn't like that though is it. I will probably lose my job in the new year. I have done nothing wrong. None of this is my fault !! That makes some people, including me, bitter, and with good reason too. The vast majority could not have cared less on the way up, even though it was obvious that it was impossible for it to continue. Brown being one of the biggest culprits, as he took no action whatsoever to try and slow things down.

I don't want to see people losing jobs. I do however, want the amateur BTL scum to suffer forever . I also want to see people earning money, and not thinking that they can get money for buying a house, painting it, and selling it for 20,000 more than they paid for it.

HOLA4418

Hey F*ck them.

If they had thought about it rather than just watch X factor then they wouldn't have been in this much trouble!

F*ck them with knobs on!

Mike

=========================================================================

Nice one, Mike. Hope everything comes up roses for you too.

HOLA4419
I can't believe..... wait sorry, this is HPC.co.uk.... I CAN believe the IDIOT who started this thread and the IDIOTS who seem to be supporting it. It just perfectly sums up this site and the majority of people who post on it for me.

For someone to STR at the top, someone else has to buy an outrageously overpriced house. For there to be a winner, there has to be a loser.

Now to crash the market there has to be an excess supply flood, usually this is sparked by mass unemployment like the 90s crash. So for everyone to get a cheap house now, there must be many losers. There is a difference between causing something to happen, and taking advantage of something happening anyway.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
You need to have a combination of sufficient income/capital behind you, sufficient foresight (paranoia?) and sufficient self control to do that.

Few are so blessed.

My old man and mum grew up in the slums of London during WWII - he is a hard working, tight git (holidays were camping in Devon every 7 years), and has told me he didnt have much money (enough for your plan) till I was in my twenties. The generation before never had enough, till the day they died/today. I didnt till I was about 40, and believe me, I am a very tight git.

sameish age Melchie. Agree with all u say. I had one real advantage. both wife and I had high paying jobs. but both of us are simple folk.

that means u spend a lot less than u earn. do that for 20 years. pay down the mortgage instead of MEW or Upisizing and your all good.

Ive got friends that have earnt as much as me in the last 20 years, but have no savings. but they have had Mercs and BMWs.

and made to measure curtains costing 10 grand. LOL

no savings, no safety net. income decreasing, house 'value' decreasing. loans and credit cards etc.

A right mess.

HOLA4422

Most of us only ever wanted to pay a fair price for a home to live in, not the price that some coked-up be-gelled estate agent decreed we should pay so that we could boast about our "investment" giving us an easy life because "you can't lose with property".

Most of us ignored the baiting from smug lendee-occupiers about the joys of owning and the stupidity of renting for years, because we used reason rather than greed to make our decisions.

Most of us are happy because real productivity will be rewarded rather than businesses built on the never-never.

Most of us, if we'd been listened to, could have helped prevent these families' stress and misfortune with simple advice.

If you want to complain at someone, write to your MP.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
To all the "doom-wishers", thanks.

The increase in financial schadenfreude reminds me how evil the "little people" can be.

The 'little people' are sometimes the worm that turns.

The thing to remember about this credit crunch is that, so far, no wealth has been destroyed... all we are seeing is a redistribution. Redistribution might mean seem like a scenario of doom for some - for others it's a long awaited potential salvation. It is the dishonest politician's and con-man's nemesis.

If you think that the car industry is getting a bad rap: use your savings to buy a car; if you think that the high street is undervalued - blow your savings on shopping. If you think your savings are undervalued - spend them on investments in better run economies. Our economy is contracting because savers have been neglected by a culture of debt expansion. It will be good for some and bad for others - rather like the irrational boom. Some people will learn a very hard lesson - a lesson which might have been less severe if the bubble was forced to burst back in 2003-2005 when it was first recognised. It's tough at the top, but think of it - instead - as an education... no price is too high if you learn something new.

HOLA4425
The post previous to mine talks about 'sacrificing jobs now for the good of our future generations'...... hahaha. So what is this cruel world that children are being born into now.... they have to pay an overpriced £150 extra a month on their mortgage?

Over the passed few years i suspect that quite a few children have been aborted because thair average wage parents couldnt afford to rent or buy a large enough property to bring them up in.

People who wanted to make a "killing" on the property boom through buy to let and are now complaining because thair rags to riches scheeme has turned into a raga to wreches desaster have (through greed and vanity) braught it all apon themselfs. I have no sympathy.