House Price Crash Forum

How Low Can The Pound Go Against The Euro...

BXLONDONMAN

i believe thing's in uk will get better so i am coming home in march 2009..

just thinking i was going to change all my money into £'s in march 2009..

what would you do would you change at 1=1 or look for a better rate..

when i say thing's will get better it's not in 2009 but i am coming back then.

what do you guy's think or am i crazy !!!!

Edited by BXLONDONMAN

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Labour will use D:ream again as their election theme tune. Will be more apt this time.

Might hit £1.50 before recovering pretty sharply. Euro has plenty of problems of it's own, they just haven't had to deal with them with the immediacy that the UK and it's finance economy has had to.

The Germans shops only accepting german-serial notes is the first sign of the whole thing going to hell, IMO.

Urban Legend. There's no difference on the notes.

It's the old greed and fear question isn't it.

Personally I would cash your chips in and convert.

You must have made a healthy profit and foreign exchanges have a habit of punishing the greedy.

Leave something for someone else.

yes i was going to exchange in 2007,,a large amount was told if you do your stupid as it will be 1=1 by march 2009..since i have sold some more property banked the money had a few bet's on the euro going 1=1 with the pound..will be coming back with my euro's in march..

the guy who gave me the info also is leaving his job as he bet everything on the 1=1 by march 2009..he has a chance to cash in below 1.20 to the pound only in jan 2009..then 1.10 against the pound in feb 2009 then end of march..it's gone down a lot faster then he thought..he and some of his freind's we can't get out till end of jan..the fear i have now if the pound goe's say one euro=£2 pound's...

the money in my account i will change 50% at 1=1 i feel now i should gamble on the pound going down to even 1.50 to the euro..then cash in and forget the exchange rate's...

I think it go either way. We have some pretty serious problems to tackle here, but in Euroland they have 15 difficult problems with no easy solutuions.

If we dont join the euro, we will come out with :

Less shops on the high street

Minus a few banks

Minus 1 Prime Minister & his badger.

3 Million unemployed and a for a generation at least - responsible lending.

Take the eurozone and multiply that by 15 and dont forget they cant just print money like we can.

The lower our currency the more chance we can actually start producing something cheap enough to sell again, beside financial services.

Edited by debt-free

I think it go either way. We have some pretty serious problems to tackle here, but in Euroland they have 15 difficult problems with no easy solutuions.

If we dont join the euro, we will come out with :

Less shops on the high street

Minus a few banks

Minus 1 Prime Minister & his badger.

3 Million unemployed and a for a generation at least - responsible lending.

Take the eurozone and multiply that by 15 and dont forget they cant just print money like we can.

The lower our currency the more chance we can actually start producing something cheap enough to sell again, beside financial services.

i used to think like you but when i saw this guy stake all his money on 1=1 in 2007 that by march 2009 we will get 1=1 euro vs pound..i changed my mind, he is soon never going to need to work again, he is leaving a very well paid job on the back of what he knew and used the info to make a tidy sum.the word is the pound is going to get f****D in march on the back of some very nasty stuff that will come out early march...he said this some time ago he won't say what it is..i know believe he is not talking Bull shit..as he was spot on the pound,,nobody said it could go down to 1=1.

back in 2007 i was thinking by 2008 it will be £1=2 euro's..it just show's how wrong i would have been if i had changed my money in 2007.

there maybe 15 in the eurozone if this guy is right then pound is going to be toast in march..euro is going to come out very strong after 2009.

it will be 1 euro=$2 by the end of 2009.. :unsure: i'm not so sure about thing's after march..if what he say's is true then his info is beyond belief..

FYI

Euro Notes

EDIT: Try to sort the tabs... and interesting that there is a UK code :)

Serial number

Unlike euro coins, euro notes do not have a national side indicating which country issued them (which is not necessarily where they were printed). This information is instead encoded within the first character of each note's serial number.

The first character of the serial number is a letter which uniquely identifies the country that issues the note. The remaining 13 characters are numbers which, when added up and the digits of the resulting sum then added together again until a single digit remains, give a checksum also particular to that country. Because of the arithmetic of the check-sum, consecutively-issued banknotes are not numbered sequentially, but rather, "consecutive" banknotes are 9 digits apart.

The W, K and J codes have been reserved for the EU member states currently not participating in the euro, while the R, F and G prefixes are reserved for states within the Eurozone that, at present, do not issue Euro banknotes.

Country codes are alphabetised according to the countries' names in the official language of each country, but reversed:

National identification codes Code	Country	Checksum(1)in English 	in official language(s)Z	Belgium	België/Belgique/Belgien	9Y	Greece	Ελλάδα [Ellada]	1X	Germany	Deutschland	2(W)	(Denmark)	Danmark	(3)V	Spain	España 	4U	France 	France 	5T	Ireland 	Éire/Ireland	6S	Italy 	Italia	7®	(Luxembourg)	Luxembourg/Luxemburg/Lëtzebuerg	(8)(Q)	Not usedP	Netherlands	Nederland	1(O)	Not usedN	Austria	Österreich	3M	Portugal	Portugal	4L	Finland	Suomi/Finland	5(K)	(Sweden)	Sverige	(6)(J)	(United Kingdom)	United Kingdom	(7)(I)	Not usedH	Slovenia	Slovenija	9G	Cyprus	Κύπρος [Kypros]/Kıbrıs	1F	Malta	Malta	2
Edited by Bubble&Squeak

It sounds like you are gambling, which is the wrong approach.

Buy some pounds now, buy some next week, and the week after.

The ECB will meet in january I believe, and if they lower rates too, the pound may rise again against the euro.

Don't be greedy - chances are, you will lose.

It sounds like you are gambling, which is the wrong approach.

Buy some pounds now, buy some next week, and the week after.

The ECB will meet in january I believe, and if they lower rates too, the pound may rise again against the euro.

Don't be greedy - chances are, you will lose.

from my mate's in local bank's it's a done deal ECB is not going to lower the interst rate's in jan 2009..as the 5 year fixed loan rate's for property, with a max 1% up or 1% down ther after every 5 year's. are fixed at 4.4% with most of the bank's till the end of jan. they tell me the chance of ECB lowering interst rate's in jan is less then 1%...if the ECB was going to lower the rate's, the bank's would give you the chance to lock in at lower rate's if you asked for a loan deal before the rate's have gone down, so they don't have to draw up new contract's.this time that clause is not in the contract's every time before when they have not had that clause in the contract's the ECB has not put down interst rate's.

i will change half of my money at 1=1

from my mate's in local bank's it's a done deal ECB is not going to lower the interst rate's in jan 2009..as the 5 year fixed loan rate's for property, with a max 1% up or 1% down ther after every 5 year's. are fixed at 4.4% with most of the bank's till the end of jan. they tell me the chance of ECB lowering interst rate's in jan is less then 1%...if the ECB was going to lower the rate's, the bank's would give you the chance to lock in at lower rate's if you asked for a loan deal before the rate's have gone down, so they don't have to draw up new contract's.this time that clause is not in the contract's every time before when they have not had that clause in the contract's the ECB has not put down interst rate's.

You are being way too greedy. The ECB must lower rates in jan. There is nothing else they can do. If you have the choice I would cash in soon. You may lose a little bit short term but the euro is way over valued. Nobody outside europe can afford to buy anything from europe because the euro is so silly so they MUST devalue ASAP.

It's like when oil was 147 dollars a barrel and people were saying it would go to 200.

You are being way too greedy. The ECB must lower rates in jan. There is nothing else they can do. If you have the choice I would cash in soon. You may lose a little bit short term but the euro is way over valued. Nobody outside europe can afford to buy anything from europe because the euro is so silly so they MUST devalue ASAP.

It's like when oil was 147 dollars a barrel and people were saying it would go to 200.

end of jan 2009 is the first chance to cash in a large chunk then end of feb..i can take the rest or hang on till end of march..

i know what you mean, being honest the present rate is great..i don't think it will change much after1=1..

no ECB will not lower anywhere near uk level in jan..if at all..i know it doesn't seem poss..but jan is not far away..the twit i know say's no cut.

he has called right since before the end of 2007... :o luck or what !!

It's your call, and I wish you good luck with it.

But if I were you I would start buying in chunks now.

It's your call, and I wish you good luck with it.

But if I were you I would start buying in chunks now.

yes my first real chance for a large amount will be end of jan..i locked in a year ago...as long as it doesn't go over £1=1.20 i will be very happy by the end of jan..for bit's here and ther i have been buying from freind's with hotel's here in brussel's at euro 1.05 to £1 till today i got 1=1 from them.

it's slow it's taken 9 week's to get 10k in pound's.. most brit's pay with credit card's.

I totally agree I am in France at mo, Been watching the euro for 5 months, I have all my money in euro will be exchanging money to pounds may be end of Jan or Feb. But the problem I am having, I have not lived in UK for the last 4 years and do not have a Uk bank account. I am a little wary of off shore accounts. any advise BXLONDONMAN. I have been watching your comments for 3 months now, I had a feeling the euro and pound will become par I hope, So held of going back to UK. I have been a hundred percent behind your predictions or Tip.

I feel sorry for all the people that are suffering through this crash. I am so bloody lucky and feel so greatfull to be in a position to buy. I just sold house in time.

I totally agree I am in France at mo, Been watching the euro for 5 months, I have all my money in euro will be exchanging money to pounds may be end of Jan or Feb. But the problem I am having, I have not lived in UK for the last 4 years and do not have a Uk bank account. I am a little wary of off shore accounts. any advise BXLONDONMAN. I have been watching your comments for 3 months now, I had a feeling the euro and pound will become par I hope, So held of going back to UK. I have been a hundred percent behind your predictions or Tip.

I feel sorry for all the people that are suffering through this crash. I am so bloody lucky and feel so greatfull to be in a position to buy. I just sold house in time.

you can go to the uk or ask your local bank that you want to open a account in uk they will have a branch or a bank they deal with in the uk.

where they will help you open your account you can do it over the phone then just go over to open just tell them your in france they will open a deposit account even if you don't have uk address. i am lucky as i go to uk often already have my account's open..money will not stay ther too long will buy property's with it in west london at auc..money in any form is not safe.!!!

keep some of your money in euro's till the end of march even 20% you will be much happier for it..by the end of march 2009..the pound is going to take a huge knock..buy property then let it to people who are around 60 year's old..you won't lose get around 10% return on it it's safer then any bank..it really is the safest way...even in the early 90's i lost a lot of money in london in property in the last crash greed got me then. i stuck with property went to brussel's,,where you could then buy a big house with 5 flat's in it for 40k =£..return's were then 25%pa..money for old rope..

same property's are around 600k even now...this is in euro's now..i sold out at around 525kto 550k people thought i had lost it..at 600k it's not easy to sell..so i sold under market price got out in 2007..just one house left will keep that just incase i want to go back.good luck !!!

Edited by BXLONDONMAN

you can go to the uk or ask your local bank that you want to open a account in uk they will have a branch or a bank they deal with in the uk.

where they will help you open your account you can do it over the phone then just go over to open just tell them your in france they will open a deposit account even if you doon't have uk address. i am lucky as i go to uk often already have my account's open..money will not stay ther too long will buy property's with it in west london at auc..money in any form is not safe.!!!

keep some of your money in euro's till the end of march even 20% you will be much happier for it..by the end of march 2009..the pound is going to take a huge knock..buy property then let it to people who are around 60 year's old..you won't lose get around 10% return on it it's safer then any bank..it really is the safest way...even in the early 90's i lost a lot of money in london in property in the last crash greed got me then. i stuck with property went to brussel's,,where you could then buy a big house with 5 flat's in it for 40k =£..return's were then 25%pa..money for old rope..

same property's are around 600k even now...this is in euro's now..i sold out at around 525kto 550k people thought i had lost it..at 600k it's not easy to sell..so i sold under market price got out in 2007..just one house left will keep that just incase i want to go back.good luck !!!

no tax on any no of property's you own when you sell in belgium as long as you have them for over 5 year's and no tax on rent's.. ;) i was very lucky to spot that back in the early 90's...

yet every thing else inculding water has tax on it... :huh::o who ever made that tax law must have been a landlord...they might change that next year..

got out in time...more luck..i learn't my lesson back in the early 90's.

I think the pound will go down probably to levels that most people would not imagine, the euro will dive as well when Ireland, spain, greece, and god knows what else comes along, the euro might hold up a bit better, but that is a big might. I am comparing these currency's against the yen, not the US$. the yen will be the currency of last resort.

where they will help you open your account you can do it over the phone then just go over to open just tell them your in france they will open a deposit account even if you doon't have uk address. i am lucky as i go to uk often already have my account's open..money will not stay ther too long will buy property's with it in west london at auc..money in any form is not safe.!!!

Thank you for advise I agree. I am going to find my self a home and buy a couple of property to rent. Will go back to UK in Jan to open a account. Its hard to say when the time is right to buy but hoping in June...Thanks again... :rolleyes:

what makes you think this ?

id be interested in some facts, not just a random opinion based on no information.

as i see it, were about to be hit with two huge problems.

massive unemployment and a failure of our currency.