House Price Crash Forum

Do Women Prefer Home Owners Not Rent Forever Losers?

Do Women Prefer Home Owners Not Rent Forever Losers?,

That really, really depends on what they own/rent. I'd much prefer a guy who was renting a stunning big mansion (or hell, even a grotty studio flat) than one who'd bought a shitty place in the middle of a council estate and was stuck there forever because he was in negative equity on it.

In fact, in general, I'd prefer a guy who was renting and had the freedom to move on over one who owned a place, as that seems kind of dull and settled for a single bloke. My ideal guy is just someone who's good fun. I did meet one guy who was really proud of his house and planning to get into BTL. He basically said he was in the market for a relationship but would never marry as he didn't want someone who could take half his property away. w****er. I'm really, really hoping the ending of the boom will mean the end of that kind of utter twatishness.

Edited by Fergie
That really, really depends on what they own/rent. I'd much prefer a guy who was renting a stunning big mansion (or hell, even a grotty studio flat) than one who'd bought a shitty place in the middle of a council estate and was stuck there forever because he was in negative equity on it.

In fact, in general, I'd prefer a guy who was renting and had the freedom to move on over one who owned a place, as that seems kind of dull and settled for a single bloke. My ideal guy is just someone who's good fun. I did meet one guy who was really proud of his house and planning to get into BTL. He basically said he was in the market for a relationship but would never marry as he didn't want someone who could take half his property away. w****er. I'm really, really hoping the ending of the boom will mean the end of that kind of utter twatishness.

Liive in partners now have rights to half of the assets in a separation don't they?

Anyway I wonder if Bruno will be releasing a Christmas Speech youtube vid telling us all about the perils of renting. :lol:

Depends what for, doesn't it? There are plenty of blokes who are all right for a night, in which case you don't care - his place is better for the night as then you can be out of the place before he's properly awake, rather than having to make conversation over breakfast at yours. But if it's a long-term prospect then all sorts of stability and security of tenure issues come into play and eventual home ownership is probably better.

One reason women prefer OO to renter is that it's slightly disconcerting to have the front door kicked in by bailiffs at the moment of orgasm/vinegar stroke..

One reason women prefer OO to renter is that it's slightly disconcerting to have the front door kicked in by bailiffs at the moment of orgasm/vinegar stroke..

LOL! Or in my case, having the landlady knocking on the door early on Saturday morning to discuss a rent rise!

I recall one of those stupid dating progs a while back. There was this po-faced woman in her mid to late thirties 'waiting for the right man' (ie, doomed to spinsterhood) and she was set up with this financially savvy, laid back chap who was happy to rent because 'he didn't want to buy into an overpriced assett'. Po-face did not get this at all, and actually quoted it as one of the reasons she couldn't go on seeing him...

One of my female friends told me that she wouldn't go out with anyone that rented, she would only consider homeowners. I would have liked to have probed the issue further as in how much equity is preferable and does someone with a IO mortgage count, but I think this may have made her eyes glaze over.

your female friend is an idiot worthy of a painfull death then.