House Price Crash Forum

Let's Say 2m People Left Uk Plc..what Would Happen To Hpc

BXLONDONMAN

Guest Mr Parry
Brother lives in Comox on Vancouver Island in BC.

He loves this time of year as the ski season is just about to start onwww.mountwashington.ca. He left the UK 3 years ago as he married a Canadian, but has since separated - although he says he will not be coming back as his life is so much better than it was in the UK.

There just seem to be too many happy endings when it comes to emigration, especially to sensible countries like Canada (not true of Thailand, most get burned). It's becoming undeniable.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just thinking that if only say 2m left uk, it would kill the property market overnight..?

how true do you guy's think this would be,,the rental market what would happen to that ...?

pls post your idea's on what might happen...?

If 2 million people left the uk, what would happen....

it depends on who the 2 million people where.

2million widowed pensioners selling up mortgage free houses and taking the cash to Spain in a single year would mean bankrupt uk PLC. The outflow of £500B in a year would crash the currency not to mention 2million homes sold that year would massively crash the housing market.

A more realistic, 500k working families leaving with £50k each on average.

GDP down by 2-3%

Capital outflow of £25B dents the pound a little

500k empty homes to rent/buy brings down prices/rent a little

higher tax likely as 800-900k workers leave (unlikely the dole lovers would go)

If 2 million people left the uk, what would happen....

it depends on who the 2 million people where.

2million widowed pensioners selling up mortgage free houses and taking the cash to Spain in a single year would mean bankrupt uk PLC. The outflow of £500B in a year would crash the currency not to mention 2million homes sold that year would massively crash the housing market.

A more realistic, 500k working families leaving with £50k each on average.

GDP down by 2-3%

Capital outflow of £25B dents the pound a little

500k empty homes to rent/buy brings down prices/rent a little

higher tax likely as 800-900k workers leave (unlikely the dole lovers would go)

if dole lover's were made to work for ther money that would change thing's ASP...end of free money is not far away USA ended it, we will also, no matter who get's into power.

many people will leave, if thing's get bad i reckon that will make a big diffrence, you are right on what type of person leaves.

or bird flu kill's a couple of million who know's ...

if dole lover's were made to work for ther money that would change thing's ASP...end of free money is not far away USA ended it, we will also, no matter who get's into power.

many people will leave, if thing's get bad i reckon that will make a big diffrence, you are right on what type of person leaves.

or bird flu kill's a couple of million who know's ...

You can't just up sticks and leave you know , in that countries have entry barriers , ie they want skilled people to move there I score about 72 points for Canada and about 69 for Aus.

Career dolers won't score enough points to get a whiff , and the alternative ie an entrapenuers visa won't work either as for aus you need 150K of capital, though I do recall something about canada in that if you bring enough money to support yourself for a number of years they'll let you in but boot you out if you can't support yourself by such a date....

But the waiting list is 4 years long!

You can't just up sticks and leave you know , in that countries have entry barriers , ie they want skilled people to move there I score about 72 points for Canada and about 69 for Aus.

Career dolers won't score enough points to get a whiff , and the alternative ie an entrapenuers visa won't work either as for aus you need 150K of capital, though I do recall something about canada in that if you bring enough money to support yourself for a number of years they'll let you in but boot you out if you can't support yourself by such a date....

maybe we could give people the 150k to go away, if the family is on dole etc...they probley get that much in a couple of year's if we pay ther rent as well..

Where abouts can one find out these scores? Do you have to officially apply or is there some kind of online eligibility test?

Although not as much (nowhere near in fact) as you Doc, I've done my bit for the UK and it's done well for me too. Best we part now . . . whilst the goings good.

sad to see you go mr parry,,,not many good old egg's around these day's..have a safe trip back to your family,i hope to see you on the site soon..

Guest mattsta1964
I was just thinking that if only say 2m left uk, it would kill the property market overnight..?

how true do you guy's think this would be,,the rental market what would happen to that ...?

pls post your idea's on what might happen...?

Will they allow 2 million people to leave the country?

The UK is dependent on a growing population just to service our national debt and to pay all those gold plated pensions

So if people decide to leave en masse, no doubt the state will use whatever means to stop the drain of 'resources'............ie, US

Our money is only backed by our future slave labour. They can't allow millions to leave.

Will they allow 2 million people to leave the country?

The UK is dependent on a growing population just to service our national debt and to pay all those gold plated pensions

So if people decide to leave en masse, no doubt the state will use whatever means to stop the drain of 'resources'............ie, US

Our money is only backed by our future slave labour. They can't allow millions to leave.

You mean like reverse bonds? , ie you have to leave say £5000 on deposit before you are allowed out of the country? ,

I very very nearly didn't come back from a few trips out to Asia myself , but then realised I had lots of unfinished biz in the UK which will be tied up for mid 2010 at the latest at which I ride the Africa off into the sunset for 6 months.

You mean like reverse bonds? , ie you have to leave say £5000 on deposit before you are allowed out of the country? ,

I very very nearly didn't come back from a few trips out to Asia myself , but then realised I had lots of unfinished biz in the UK which will be tied up for mid 2010 at the latest at which I ride the Africa off into the sunset for 6 months.

HAPPY days are not far off then,,,good luck. mr parry leaves soon.

Guest mattsta1964

We are bonded slaves my friend

The only thing that gives fiat currency value is the presumption that we and our children wil continue to work and pay down debt

All modern economies are insolvencies and work in the same way. Instead of commodity backed money, the value of money is derived purely from what we produce in the future

So if millions decide to leave, money will lose value because the debts incurred in the fiat currency system cannot be serviced

This is why UK governments are so lax regarding immigration policy. The UK NEEDS population growth just to service government debt.

This is the insanity of modern political and economic systems isn't it?

On the one hand, we are told that we must be more frugal and live on less, on the other, we are told economic growth is essential for our survival.

If millions try to leave the country, the state will fail. The outcome is obvious. They will stop people leaving.

My visa application is already being processed. I'm just hoping I get out of the UK in time.

We are mere cattle and we are grazing on the landowners' farm. If we stop being profitable, stop being productive, they'll take away our freedoms and liberties and possibly send us to the abbatoir.

It's really no different from being a farm animal. It's no coincidence Orwell wrote Animal Farm. It's as good a metaphor as any for the reality of statism. We exist at their behest to make money for THEM. Not for ourselves.

We are bonded slaves my friend

The only thing that gives fiat currency value is the presumption that we and our children wil continue to work and pay down debt

All modern economies are insolvencies and work in the same way. Instead of commodity backed money, the value of money is derived purely from what we produce in the future

So if millions decide to leave, money will lose value because the debts incurred in the fiat currency system cannot be serviced

This is why UK governments are so lax regarding immigration policy. The UK NEEDS population growth just to service government debt.

This is the insanity of modern political and economic systems isn't it?

On the one hand, we are told that we must be more frugal and live on less, on the other, we are told economic growth is essential for our survival.

If millions try to leave the country, the state will fail. The outcome is obvious. They will stop people leaving.

My visa application is already being processed. I'm just hoping I get out of the UK in time.

We are mere cattle and we are grazing on the landowners' farm. If we stop being profitable, stop being productive, they'll take away our freedoms and liberties and possibly send us to the abbatoir.

It's really no different from being a farm animal. It's no coincidence Orwell wrote Animal Farm. It's as good a metaphor as any for the reality of statism. We exist at their behest to make money for THEM. Not for ourselves.

as in animal farm orwell showed us no matter who get's into power they look after no 1,,anybody who is stupid may think if ther party got into power thing's would change no way i say to them...even if it is right wing or left wing.

maybe a lot of city worker's will leave now as they lose ther job's the euro get's near to 1=1 soon with the pound. A lot of people from the e.u may go back to ther home country's as they lose ther job's in the city,the reason for a lot of them coming here was the strong pound,good job's etc now ther job's are gone or going a return to ther home country's is on the card's.look's like more problem's for the property market. no matter what is tried HPC is here and will kill the property market in 2009 stone dead.

minimum wage in France/Ireland is now 35% higher than minimum wage in the uk. not long ago it was very close to each other.

if your on the minimum wage, go to Ireland or France and get a 35% pay rise.

so even the low paid are better of going away... :huh::o thing's have gone really bad, in double Quick time who would have thought that..??? even a year ago thing's diden't look like they would go this bad...we had a boom boy did we have a boom and now,the word's of our great leader what were............................................................................

they,, boom and bust had been got rid of by our great leader god to the banker's brown who saved the world in his sleep..wake him up someone let him know how f'***ED UP things are in the real world..

i thought the pound and the euro would be 1=1 by march 2009,,i was called a twit back in oct for thinking this..having bet on this outcome by march or before i am very happy to be a twit...now maybe one euro will be £1.25 by march 2009.. :huh::blink::unsure::lol:;)

Edited by BXLONDONMAN