House Price Crash Forum

Let's Say 2m People Left Uk Plc..what Would Happen To Hpc

BXLONDONMAN

Upbeat I sound upbeat at times?...news to me...

I'm annoyed because I had a firey (phone) arguement with my dad , he seems to believe in the Jerusalem trick Labour tried to pull off in the 1960s , ie it you wait just a bit longer good things will come....

He said this in 1999 and has been saying it to me for years , I finally partially lost my rag and wrote out the net present value formula of money and faxed it to him , he wasn't happy about that.... and called me back saying it will be better next year.

I've been keeping myself sane over the past few months working a job I hate with a passion with my once in a life time trip , only to watch my funds for this trip collaspe (USD/EUR is king in Russia and ex USSR states)..... which means it has to be delayed , but the problem with delaying is that the currency collaspes even more which delays it even more and so on and so forth.... parts for the Africa have to come from Germany , and guess what the £ is routing against the Euro...

Its almost as if every which way I lose..... and it makes me feel so terribly frustrated and trapped..........

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the other hand, if you look at the posters on this site and if they're anything to go by the UK's future is quite bright really.

99% of you are intelligent, funny, kind, industrious . . .

Time really does fly. The UK will stabilise at some point, the madness will be over and Gordon and his ilk will be gone. Might be hard for a few years, but ultimately it'll be water under the bridge.

Oh, and you will be able to afford a house.

When you say 'the British government didn't want my family in the country are you saying they actually refused your family members a visa to join you? So you found out how much better it was elsewhere?

Guest Mr Parry
When you say 'the British government didn't want my family in the country are you saying they actually refused your family members a visa to join you? So you found out how much better it was elsewhere?

We got a 6 month family visitor visa in the end. Took 6 months and nearly refused entry at LHR even then.

It was going to be a nightmare to get a permanent visa, in any case 3 weeks and 4 days was enough for the old girl. She was near suicidal come the last few days. Emergency flight home.

Thank god too. Imagine if she'd decided the UK was right for her . . . :(

Much happier in the calm, slow, simple tranquillity of Issan.

Guest Mr Parry

I'm annoyed because I had a firey (phone) arguement with my dad , he seems to believe in the Jerusalem trick Labour tried to pull off in the 1960s , ie it you wait just a bit longer good things will come....

He said this in 1999 and has been saying it to me for years , I finally partially lost my rag and wrote out the net present value formula of money and faxed it to him , he wasn't happy about that.... and called me back saying it will be better next year.

I've been keeping myself sane over the past few months working a job I hate with a passion with my once in a life time trip , only to watch my funds for this trip collaspe (USD/EUR is king in Russia and ex USSR states)..... which means it has to be delayed , but the problem with delaying is that the currency collaspes even more which delays it even more and so on and so forth.... parts for the Africa have to come from Germany , and guess what the £ is routing against the Euro...

Its almost as if every which way I lose..... and it makes me feel so terribly frustrated and trapped..........

Did you get hold of Deadman about that spray job for the Africa Twin?

Guest LongBlackKilt
I was just thinking that if only say 2m left uk, it would kill the property market overnight..?

how true do you guy's think this would be,,the rental market what would happen to that ...?

pls post your idea's on what might happen...?

OK, so the leek-munchers go their own way, Wales becomes the new Latvia, a certain "ap Harry" emerges and starts to conduct guerilla posting on the borderlands of economics...

Guest Mr Parry
OK, so the leek-munchers go their own way, Wales becomes the new Latvia, a certain "ap Harry" emerges and starts to conduct guerilla posting on the borderlands of economics...

:unsure:

We got a 6 month family visitor visa in the end. Took 6 months and nearly refused entry at LHR even then.

It was going to be a nightmare to get a permanent visa, in any case 3 weeks and 4 days was enough for the old girl. She was near suicidal come the last few days. Emergency flight home.

Thank god too. Imagine if she'd decided the UK was right for her . . . :(

Much happier in the calm, slow, simple tranquillity of Issan.

you were lucky,very lucky,, anyway good luck out there..one of my mate's went back to the uk after 10 year's he lasted just two day's came back a changed man.

he had thought it would be great to go back, if you have no family or freind's ther, then it's going to be hard very hard if you ask me.that's what he found out when he got ther i tried to warn him..i come back a few times a year things have changed every time i go back. thing's seem to change too fast in london.

Hee hee..there you go, you are being all human loik kennichi.

Trapped...you?..don't be daft.

Guest Mr Parry
Well that eliminates most young brits!

I really didn't want to encourage those it could ruin. However, I'm nothing special and I managed it. In fact it was easier than trying in the UK. Path of least resistance is the one I usually take.

I really didn't want to encourage those it could ruin. However, I'm nothing special and I managed it. In fact it was easier than trying in the UK. Path of least resistance is the one I usually take.

It really does require the gutsy risk taking type to begin with, and in all fairness, I dont think most brits of my generation have what it takes. I'm very much considering it myself as me and my partner definately meet the 'criteria' to get into say Canada (using her family relations ofcourse), but then i've always been considered a freak :P

Guest Mr Parry
It really does require the gutsy risk taking type to begin with, and in all fairness, I dont think most brits of my generation have what it takes. I'm very much considering it myself as me and my partner definately meet the 'criteria' to get into say Canada (using her family relations ofcourse), but then i've always been considered a freak :P

If you're going to an English speaking Western country, like Canada, I'd just up sticks and do it. A lot of my family live in Winnipeg. Not the best place there, but they come to the UK now and again and go back glad they've lived in Canada all their lives. They are very old mind and have been there since the sixties.

The rest of them live in LA. Yikes!!

I'm a bit of a hedonist, so I began the transfer to Thailand when I was 27. Now knocking on the door of 34, everything's set up, family, infrastructure the lot.

It helps if you have family or at least friends in your chosen destination.

Guest Mr Parry
Well then, this Deadman fellow deserves to be reinstated as a staunch HPCer, if for nothing else other than his understanding of elderly Mercedes valve gear. :lol:

He's here most of the time.

If you're going to an English speaking Western country, like Canada, I'd just up sticks and do it. A lot of my family live in Winnipeg. Not the best place there, but they come to the UK now and again and go back glad they've lived in Canada all their lives. They are very old mind and have been there since the sixties.

I'm a bit of a hedonist, so I began the transfer to Thailand when I was 27. Now knocking on the door of 34, everything's set up, family, infrastructure the lot.

Jeez.. knocking on 34...you are a youngster Mr Parry..albeit a clever and well worded 'un.

Indeed, renamed the 'house deposit' fund to 'getting the **** outta here' fund. I've worked wayyy too hard over the years to build my skills, and for what exactly? What triggered my internal 'time to move' mindset was a recent amendment, that police have the power to request anyone's encryption keys for their data or face prison...and I dont even have much data encrypted to begin with!!!

I agree it does help to have some family and friends over there to help at first, which thankfully we do.

Guest Mr Parry
Indeed, renamed the 'house deposit' fund to 'getting the **** outta here' fund. I've worked wayyy too hard over the years to build my skills, and for what exactly? What triggered my internal 'time to move' mindset was a recent amendment, that police have the power to request anyone's encryption keys for their data or face prison...and I dont even have much data encrypted to begin with!!!

I agree it does help to have some family and friends over there to help at first, which thankfully we do.

I would seriously consider Canada then, but don't spend your life planning. UK is a pretty miserable place at times and many peole really flourish once they've left the place.

I would seriously consider Canada then, but don't spend your life planning. UK is a pretty miserable place at times and many peole really flourish once they've left the place.

Brother lives in Comox on Vancouver Island in BC.

He loves this time of year as the ski season is just about to start onwww.mountwashington.ca. He left the UK 3 years ago as he married a Canadian, but has since separated - although he says he will not be coming back as his life is so much better than it was in the UK.