House Price Crash Forum

Tories Annoying Me By Their Ineptitude

The more I think about it the more annoyed I become.

Why on earth won't the Tories just put the ball in the net now they have an open goal.

It makes me furious that their complete ineptitude to capitalise on this economic crisis is conspiring to make us put up with another term of Brown. This is unforegivable stuff from Cameron & Osbourne & I for one will never forget the damage having such watered down opposition is doing to all of us. This country deserves better, as does the Tory party

It's pretty sad - it still looks like one or the other will win the next election and neither of them are economically competent, or even able to speak the truth. The Tories would make a good start by dropping Osborne, he's gotta be what's giving Labour the lead in the "who's best qualified to lead us through recession" polls. On Newsnight the other night he just didn't have a clue.

And all the while, everyone ignores the Lib Dem guy who's been bang on for the last year..

Why on earth won't the Tories just put the ball in the net now they have an open goal.

It makes me furious that their complete ineptitude to capitalise on this economic crisis is conspiring to make us put up with another term of Brown. This is unforegivable stuff from Cameron & Osbourne & I for one will never forget the damage having such watered down opposition is doing to all of us. This country deserves better, as does the Tory party

Why put the ball in the net at a training match?

Wait for the cup final.

I have been saying this for months now yet the tory fanboys on here refuse to see it. I now believe Brown will win any election called next year.

it is possible that the tories are deliberately holding back to i) get labour to call an early election on the back of rising support for the handling of the economy?!!? this surely will fall next next year. and perhaps secondly, they can't say or do much as historically labour will just take the plans, rebrand them as their own and take any credit if its successful. If it fails they will say "wellt hat's you proposed to do and it didn't work". etc etc. Politics all sly foxes.

The Tories do not have it in their power to call an election.

The British people are mainly idiots anyway.

What are the Tories supposed to do?

Mount an effective opposition perhaps?

They may not be able to call an election, but Brown doesn't have the ability to prevent one after June 2010.

If the Tories had a clue they would be banging on, in fairly straightforward terms, about the current hole Brown is digging. It's not rocket science. We've borrowed billions from the Chinese (essentially) in order to buy our own over-priced houses and foreign goods. Brown thinks he can somehow change the laws of the universe by borrowing even more.

Not that I give a toss. I'm an (ex) labour voter and the liberals get my tick at any election. The invasion of Iraq did it for me - this economic debacle is just the icing on the cake.

Why put the ball in the net at a training match?

Wait for the cup final.

You need to play (and win) to get to the final.

Cameron's chinless shower seem to be following the Rocky Balboa school of fighting, get pummeled into mush between rounds 1-11, then start fighting in the last reel. :rolleyes:

That only works cos Sylvester Styrofoam writes his own scripts. He can have Rocky win regardless of common sense and/or logic.

Quite frankly, I've not much confidence in the Boy David and his upper-class twit of the year rejects.

Cut government spending, thats all that needs to be said, surely that will at least get the DM vote.

Well bypassing economics and thinking politics (which is relevant when discussing elections) cutting govt spending implies people losing jobs in govt, and also people losing jobs in the private sector companies that supply govt. (Lots of govt spending goes out to private tender nowadays.)

How many of those who will be at risk of losing their jobs as a result will vote for the cuts? Are the extra votes gained by talking about cutting spending more or fewer than those votes lost by the policy?

I don't know the answer, just have a feeling that there might be relatively few extra votes since those most enamoured of the policy may already be safe tory votes. Pretty sure that an election will involve reminding folk that these cuts mean some (many) of them will lose their jobs - at a time when they'll find it hard to get another.

So politically there's lots more that needs to be said. Playing to the base does not always produce a result.

the basic truth is both parties are filled with private school old boys, not wishing to rock the boat too much. osbournes already taken money from hedge funds. this isnt democracy. its idiocracy. things will never change within this closed system.

tories - labour. results the same.

its a game of pass the dumb voter.

I hate to find myself agreeing with Simon Heffer but...

Thanks to the stunning inadequacy of the Conservative opposition, and the sheer stupidity of George Osborne, its intellectually crippled shadow chancellor, Mr Brown has got away with his signal crime of helping to destroy Britain's economy. And the Conservatives can't even say "we told you so", because they didn't.

"intellectually crippled" :lol:

It is clear to me now that not only have we had an economic/banking collapse in the UK but that we have also had a collapse of our political system. Just as unchecked corruption has eaten our financial systems from the inside so has an insipid cancer destroyed what small political accountability there is/was of the UK political system to we, the people.

What needs to be done now is uncertain, but I believe that, just as there is no going back to the old economy, we ned to find new political solutions rather than the tired old Labour/Tory part political ossified ******** of old.

It's pretty sad - it still looks like one or the other will win the next election and neither of them are economically competent, or even able to speak the truth. The Tories would make a good start by dropping Osborne, he's gotta be what's giving Labour the lead in the "who's best qualified to lead us through recession" polls. On Newsnight the other night he just didn't have a clue.

And all the while, everyone ignores the Lib Dem guy who's been bang on for the last year..

Vince Cable is a typical Liberal idiot.

Thinks the world is a nice place and it just needs a nice party like the Liberals to sort everything out.

Vince Cable wants the party to continue - more debt all round - interest rates that make it pointless to save.

Just speculating.....thinking out loud so to speak. :blink: Perhaps there's some bigger tactics being played out here by the Tories and Libs. The economy is nothing more than an awful Poisened Chalice and will probably be so for the next decade. The die is cast.... Armageddon beckons. :(

What political party in their right mind would want to pick it up and suffer the anger and retribution of the Sheeples for the next several years? Perhaps being in the opposition parties is not a bad place to be at the moment..... free to mock and jeer and watch the Government self destruct and take full responsibility for their incompetence.

Edit - Spellink erure

Edited by A Sheeple

at the end of the day, we all know nulab are bad, but we also all know cameron and cronies are the same, or even worse. they havent changed since being kicked out of office for being sleezy, out of touch asswipes. and they still are.

osbourne has already received huge hedge fund payments, and hes not even in power.

so, corrupt already. as per usual tory scum.

Mount an effective opposition perhaps?

They may not be able to call an election, but Brown doesn't have the ability to prevent one after June 2010.

If the Tories had a clue they would be banging on, in fairly straightforward terms, about the current hole Brown is digging. It's not rocket science. We've borrowed billions from the Chinese (essentially) in order to buy our own over-priced houses and foreign goods. Brown thinks he can somehow change the laws of the universe by borrowing even more.

Not that I give a toss. I'm an (ex) labour voter and the liberals get my tick at any election. The invasion of Iraq did it for me - this economic debacle is just the icing on the cake.

Did you see PMQ's yesterday?? Obviously not.

Also the election could be a long way off as you admit,so there is another reason to keep powder dry.

Just speculating.....thinking out loud so to speak. :blink: Perhaps there's some bigger tactics being played out here by the Tories and Libs. The economy is nothing more than an awful Poisened Chalice and will probably be so for the next decade. The die is cast.... Armageddon beckons. :(

What political party in their right mind would want to pick it up and suffer the anger and retribution of the Sheeples for the next several years? Perhaps being in the opposition parties is not a bad place to be at the moment..... free to mock and jeer and watch the Government self destruct and take full responsibility for their incompetence.

Edit - Spellink erure

Nice line of thought and just goes to show the true stomach of those who desire to hold high office. None of them are men of vision, backbone or intelligence who can stand up and take the difficult decisions required. They'd rather cower in opposition than rise to the task. As Brown showed only too clearly, any idiot can be in power in benign economic conditions. Pathetic.

****** it, I'll do it. Vote sossij!

Well bypassing economics and thinking politics (which is relevant when discussing elections) cutting govt spending implies people losing jobs in govt, and also people losing jobs in the private sector companies that supply govt. (Lots of govt spending goes out to private tender nowadays.)

How many of those who will be at risk of losing their jobs as a result will vote for the cuts? Are the extra votes gained by talking about cutting spending more or fewer than those votes lost by the policy?

I don't know the answer, just have a feeling that there might be relatively few extra votes since those most enamoured of the policy may already be safe tory votes. Pretty sure that an election will involve reminding folk that these cuts mean some (many) of them will lose their jobs - at a time when they'll find it hard to get another.

So politically there's lots more that needs to be said. Playing to the base does not always produce a result.

cutting govt spending implies people losing jobs in govt,

Rather than job losses, the unions at Corus and JCB were calling for wage cuts!!!

Government should / MUST do the same in all areas of public spending..... ALL wages ALL benefits ALL pensions at every level...... even MPs salaries and pensions :o . Better less money than NO money eh??

An across the board, say 10% cut will leave none feeling 'singled out'?

It is clear to me now that not only have we had an economic/banking collapse in the UK but that we have also had a collapse of our political system.

I agree, and I think it is a worldwide phenomenon.

The cynicism and incompetence of the political class wherever you look seems to have grown exponentially over the last 20 years (?), only matched by the same cynicism and incompetence of corporate executives the world over.

The whole shebang is rotten to the core nowadays. People just don't seem to care.

Edited by williamdb
Guess my job is secured by their incompetence. *Gawp*

Depends on your job.

400 people where I work. Redundancies and pay cuts already. (Bigger cuts the more senior you are.) CEO presented to the whole company pointing out that sales to, for example, our retailer client were down by about 60% while, for example, sales to the public sector are holding up nicely. So the company will focus on the areas that were holding up, and because these form a fair part of our business we are less vulnerable to further cuts than we might be otherwise.

So 400 folk, perfectly happy to make disparaging comments agout the govt. Already seen redundancies and realising that there will be many more if the public sector business dries up. But probably sympathetic to the intellectual case that the economy needs these public sector cuts.

However its one thing to say "cuts will mean the economy gets better faster and so businesses, and business owners, will flourish again sooner". Quite another to say "and so I'm happy to lose my job and future in order to let those business owners flourish in the future." Very altruistic, but most voting involves short-term self-interest.

Hence my suggestion that cuts is not by itself a winning political message to those 400 people. They need to say more.