House Price Crash Forum

Has All Thought Been Suspended Here?

Points reasonably made, and again, I am enthusiastic about some Youtube stuff myself. I do wish though, that just occasionally, people would BOTHER to research past posts here. An example is the current keen regurgitation of Peter Schiff's YouTube pontifications about the meltdown. All good stuff, but in fact many posters here, including me, who happen not to have the exposure that he now has, have been banging on about EXACTLY the same things two years before anyone had ever even heard of Peter Schiff.

I'm not objecting particularly to the new found gravatis that people ascribe to various gurus they have "discovered", and I understand that people constantly need the comfort of "well known" personalities to confirm their own views as a kind of endorsement. But if you research literally thousands of posts right here on this forum, nearly all of the facts and opinions that now everyone seizes upon as being an "official" statements on YouTube have been discussed and put forward here way way before others got hold of the same concepts.

I know this will appear like sour grapes. All I am asking is that subscribers just occasionally bother to research some past posts to discover that very little of what they now consider to be "original" thought on YouTube is in fact original at all and was "broadcast" right here when everyone else was living in the dark ages as far as housing, the meltdown and the economic struggles we are now experiencing were even considered.

VP

Message recieved. You should make a youtube video. We should have an HPC.co.uk youtube channel. Spread the message a bit.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well if its just a thread saying "watch this" that is hardly a basis for discussion, or any idea given as to what the video is about.

Its like those ads shouting "watch" "buy" "phone now" we get fed up of being shouted at and commanded, without any logic or reason behind it... - and the natural answer comes back "well why the hell should I.

Video takes longer to load and you cant' skim it like you can text so unless someone want to give a good reason to watch it, I tend not to bother.

In seriousness, why is a link to a video less valid than a link to a print story (which we do all the time). If it's in print it is somehow more valid than other mediums?
Edited by bootfair

Is it just me or have other HPC subscribers noticed that posts are increasingly mere links to not very salient, intelligent or useful YouTube videos with an encouraging but ultimately disappointing tag like " watch this" or "Incredible Video", yet none of these are useful, intelligent or possessed of any original insight or knowledge. What is going on here? Has everyone lost the power of individual thought?

VP

Yes! Losts of links & lots of statements - no real discusion! Everyone has spent years discussing if,when & how the HPC will happen - Its happening. What is the future of the forum? what is the future of the site? HPCs only happen every 20 years. Will the HPC be the death of hpc.co.uk?

Yes! Losts of links & lots of statements - no real discusion! Everyone has spent years discussing if,when & how the HPC will happen - Its happening. What is the future of the forum? what is the future of the site? HPCs only happen every 20 years. Will the HPC be the death of hpc.co.uk?

Hope not.

:(