House Price Crash Forum

When Will Thing's Get Better..what Say You ?

O.P. it depends what you mean by ' better'.........I have the feeling there is a major social / cultural shift occurring.

Things will never be as they were. We have for some decades been living through the final decline and fall of western civilisation manifesting in social decay short term hedonism and greed blah blah and this has been driven by totally unsustainable models for the continuation of civilisation as we knew it.

...thats why it wont continue as we knew it, not difficult to figure that one out.

I dont know how this all ends up.

War and slaughter are a distinct possibility if the worst aspects of human nature remain triumphant for much longer.

On the other hand maybe we live to see a phoenix rising.

Perhaps the future wont be driven by the desire for the latest status symbols and tech gizmo's, maybe a conciousness will evolve that values free time and human relationships and no longer believes so strongly in ' getting ahead' or "getting on a ladder'.

Or are we all too numb now ?

Its been awful watching folk sell their souls.....and for what ?

By all means blame gordo, sheeple the lizard men..escapism is lovely isnt it..... we all need to take a look at ourselves as individuals and the choices we make.

(edited to make some sense.)

Edited by bricor mortis

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is much, much worse hence I believe it will be like that wild Scottish guy ranted bout on the telly (Hendry the Hedger) - 2025 for strong signs of recovery.

And some major nasty social issues in between. But it's important to keep a stiff upper lip and not to panic......ok, alright then

PANIC!!!!!!

Yep, I'll go with 2025. (Hendry was good wasn't he!)

16 years of hardship (relative to the past few years) is something I can endure.

We have lived throught the best of times, believe it or not.....

This is was as good at it gets got folks

It's downhill from now on in until and unless;

The global human population reduces by about 80%

Or, we manage to beat the first law of thermodynamics

Exactly.

We have only so many resources that the planet can give and at present only a small proportion of the world is using the majority of those resources, while the rest are trying there hardest to get up the ladder and use more resources themselves.

It simply it wont work. Either peoples expectations of standard of living are dramatically altered, we cut the population of the world down dramatically to 1-2 Billion or we accept / force the majority of the world to live in poor conditions while the top have everything they want and need. Really it wont be solved easily and democratically that's why it will probably be solved by wars and a massive 'cull' of the population.

Its for this reason that any question over when this will get better is mute as odds are it wont ever.

Actually it's all pretty relative. If you don't want for much then things are pretty good at the moment!

Thats true. All I want at the moment is to keep my job and protect my STR fund and savings against whatever bad things are coming be it a pound collapse or hyper inflation. Also to avoid using my money to bail out the reckless somehow. I wondered about borrowing this new cheap money that Gordon is forcing banks to lend (our tax money) and putting it offshore at a better rate than you can get in the UK. That will teach the Clown a lesson.

Edited by Spoony

Thats true. All I want at the moment is to keep my job and protect my STR fund and savings against whatever bad things are coming be it a pound collapse or hyper inflation. Also to avoid using my money to bail out the reckless somehow. I wondered about borrowing this new cheap money that Gordon is forcing banks to lend (our tax money) and putting it offshore at a better rate than you can get in the UK. That will teach the Clown a lesson.

putting money offshore will teach the clown a lesson, also lead to the pound's collapse..i really don't think brown know's that p****** in the wind will help the country much.

if we are lucky we may come through this in not, too much of a bad state as a country.we can but hope that things will get better,but when you have a blind drunk in charge you can only hope...that's the scary part in all this.

Edited by BXLONDONMAN

if we are lucky we may come through this in not, too much of a bad state as a country.we can but hope that things will get better,but when you have a blind drunk in charge you can only hope...that's the scary part in all this.

Wow, you seem to have changed your outlook since your opening post in this thread :blink:

Wow, you seem to have changed your outlook since your opening post in this thread :blink:

we have a election to come that will change everything,things will get better you will see...yes 3 or 4 year's things will be better.i am counting on the next election. why can't we live in hope... :)

There is something a little frightening about this Downturn Depression.....lets not mince our words here. My own experience of say, the last two recessions compared to this one is the sheer speed and brutality of the downwards spiral into the depths of despair.... and it's only just begun. :( I suspect the facts and figures graphs of the Graph Makers must be showing some very scary gradients indeed.

I think about the end of 2009 to mid 2010 our Dear Leader will have to come clean with the Sheeples and tell them just how bad and for how long things are going to get. Standing at his Big Rostrum he will announce..."This is not the End of the Beginning, not even the Beginning of the End, it's... (sob, blubber) ... the Beginning of the Beginning... there...I've told the truth for once" :unsure:

This country will be under Islamic rule by then.

no chance,,,if you really think that you could get odd's of about 100 bn to 1 so get real..con's in power in the next election.

live in hope, our country was built on trade, so we will get out of this mess,,uk plc will become good again.

any country that has gone too right wing has failed,so we would be stupid to go right wing..look at germany to this day people hate them.

for us to become a failed state,we would have to allow a very right wing party to get into power. nobody would want that.also any right wing party would put a end to all election's after they got into power.they would set up death camps as that's the only way to get the country the way they want. look at usa who the new president is going to be. the other day i heard a couple of right wing nut's claim uk doesn't need usa they also claimed we don't need to trade with any none white country's,they also wanted us out of europe. they claimed if none white's didn't leave our country we would force them out or kill them.

I know we would like HPC but the property market would be worth nothing,if we have that sort of nutcase party in power.what sort of country would we be living in then.

who would trade with us then or lend us money,,our world has changed we may not like many of the changes but in the long run change has to come as it has done in the past.