House Price Crash Forum

When Will Thing's Get Better..what Say You ?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think in about 3 or 4 year's things will be pretty much ok again. i would like to know how others on this forum feel..?

Not sure BX. If by some miracle they hold off a full blown depression, then 3-4 years sounds about right. If it is a depression then maybe 4-10 years? Took about a decade to get the US out of the last one, and this was mainly due to massive industrial production leading into WW2 as far as i know.

Actually it's all pretty relative. If you don't want for much then things are pretty good at the moment!

indeed - looking forward to the camping season already. i might have to drive to it if work's quiet... which it will be if i stick the phone in the freezer

i reckon it once stood a chance of playing out over 4 years or so, until politicians stepped up the meddling. anything could happen now

No one will get away with this scott free, excuse the pun...things will get worse before they get better. Things will get better for some before they get better for others...yes by the end 2010 we should start to see the light at the end of the tunnel, if we don't come out of it with anything the one thing we will have gained is wisdom. ;)

They will get better this weekend when I get lashed at my local Slug and Lettuce.

In terms of the market, they will get better when the vast majority of the population have had their houses repossesed and house prices return to being affordable on an average wage.

That goes without saying. ;)

Guest KingCharles1st
Not sure BX. If by some miracle they hold off a full blown depression, then 3-4 years sounds about right. If it is a depression then maybe 4-10 years? Took about a decade to get the US out of the last one, and this was mainly due to massive industrial production leading into WW2 as far as i know.

Topical for me, as tonight I just got around to watching the freebie "WW2 in colour" given away by one of the Sundays recently. There are some extremely scary parallels now being drawn and I am starting to wonder a bit... Watching something like that makes you really how very important it is to keep the total nutters out of political leadership and power.

let's hope it doesn't take 10 year's, ther's are a lot of people in pain out ther already,,yet it has only just started, not many have put anything by for a rainy day.. :huh::blink:

people must really have been living in wonderland to think the good times would never end. ok the goverment must take some of blame but the people who got into big credit trouble must take some of the blame also.all those who lose ther jobs have done nothing wrong in my book. let's hope things get better as soon as poss...apart from the liar loan taker's may you all have the very worst of all new years to come in 2009... :lol:

i think in about 3 or 4 year's things will be pretty much ok again. i would like to know how others on this forum feel..?

I agree - maybe a tad longer, but we are in a cycle and just as we went down with the cycle, so we will go up again. It just appeals to the doomsday, millenialist streak in most of us to magnify the gloom and suggest it may be irretrievable.

If you imagine that GC1 (1990 UK recession) was not that bad on the recession scales, look what it did to me - I was stuck in negative equity for 10 whole years. (I kept my government job).

This is much, much worse hence I believe it will be like that wild Scottish guy ranted bout on the telly (Hendry the Hedger) - 2025 for strong signs of recovery.

And some major nasty social issues in between. But it's important to keep a stiff upper lip and not to panic......ok, alright then

PANIC!!!!!!

The people to blame are the ones who voted the Labour Party into office.

We had the monster raving loony party running for election, if they had been voted in and ruined the country who would you blame, them or the electorate ?

are the monster loony party not in power... :unsure::huh::o:lol: oh i thought they were.... :lol: just shows you what do i know.. :lol:

If you imagine that GC1 (1990 UK recession) was not that bad on the recession scales, look what it did to me - I was stuck in negative equity for 10 whole years. (I kept my government job).

This is much, much worse hence I believe it will be like that wild Scottish guy ranted bout on the telly (Hendry the Hedger) - 2025 for strong signs of recovery.

And some major nasty social issues in between. But it's important to keep a stiff upper lip and not to panic......ok, alright then

PANIC!!!!!!

Agreed. You are talking from experience. Alot of young people have never experienced hard times and won't face up to the facts.

Topical for me, as tonight I just got around to watching the freebie "WW2 in colour" given away by one of the Sundays recently. There are some extremely scary parallels now being drawn and I am starting to wonder a bit... Watching something like that makes you really how very important it is to keep the total nutters out of political leadership and power.

I remember reading something a few weeks ago, something along the lines of 'the last time there was economic problems on this scale, america had the great depression, much of europe descended into facism, and the world went to war'.

I feel like I'm being positive in pointing out the gloomy posibilities. Just so we all know.

Edited by macfarlan