House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ʎqɐqɹǝʞɐɥs

No One In Our House Works

Because he's forced to pay for it. And if he can afford to have kids, and those kids choose to work for a living, they'll be forced to pay for that guy's vast outpouring of unemployable brats.

It's really very simple: if you pay the unproductive to breed much faster than the productive, then before long there are no more productive people left to pay the taxes to support the unproductive. Then everyone starves to death while demanding to know why 'they' let it happen.

All this applies equally to both main unproductive groups who feed on the two mains forms of institutionalized welfare

1) the recipients of welfare benefits

2) the recipients of real estate asset windfalls

Weirdly, it is only the first group that receives any political attention. This is odd because firstly, the second group's benefits package is far more generous than the first's and secondly, because the plight of the first group is almost a direct consequence of the welfare received by the second.

Edited by Stars

methinks Ethel can punch her own weight on this thread but no she wouldn't clean bogs for a pittance and I always chuckle when I hear this 'noble work ethic' notion being offered up. She'd clean toilets 40 hours a week, for just over 200 quid a week, safe in the knowledge that "at least I'm not a burden to society" yeah right... :D

Errr, actually I believe I would. Not that it's ever got to that stage, and I try to have a "never say never" attitude about things until I've actually experienced them.

But I earn nowhere near as much as many on this thread and I have to work long hard hours to earn it, I don't have any delusions of grandeur.

I have a work ethic I inherited from my parents who have been self-employed for as long as I can remember, they have never had luxuries like sick pay, holiday pay etc, and I guess I am just indoctrinated with a beleif that everything in life has to be earned and if you don't work you don't deserve anything.

Not that cleaning toilets would be too far removed from parts of my job anyway. I actually occasionally have to do that in emergencies and I once had to shovel vomit out of a men's urinal which will go down as probably the most disgusting thing I have ever had to do, and I had a hangover that day too.

I shouldn't judge everybody else by your own values and attitudes if I were you.

just the £270 a week to live on too!!!

Still, that shoud be enough for all the smack they need.

Legionairres disease would be too good for this familly

Saw one of these "Secret Millionaire" programs last night. The 'millionaire' went to a housing estate near Rochdale with 70% unemployment, many households with noone working, some where noone had ever held a job. She went into the local pub and started chatting to some of the regulars. All were sitting round with their beer and fags, playing poker. On leaving she said she would never give her hard-earned money to people like that would wouldn't get off their backsides to find a job - and I think she's right. I know there's an argument along the lines of 'they don't have much so let them have a beer and a smoke' but I work hard to afford a decent lifestyle and bring my kids up and I can't afford to sit around in the pub every day. It irks me no end that I pay taxes to let some other idle bar-steward do that.

Personally I don't think people like this will exist in a generation or so.

Why on earth not? They are breeding a generation who believe society owes them a living - it's a self-perpetuating spiral.

Not that cleaning toilets would be too far removed from parts of my job anyway. I actually occasionally have to do that in emergencies and I once had to shovel vomit out of a men's urinal which will go down as probably the most disgusting thing I have ever had to do, and I had a hangover that day too.

That's nothing. I have experienced the worst smell known to mankind, the stench of a blocked restaurant drain caused by congealed cooking fat. Believe me, if you get any of that stuff on you then you'll smell for the rest of your life. The bog of eternal stench has nothing on that odour I can tell you. Vomit smells like roses compared to that.

Yeah, that was my reaction......poor dear, having to write a CV...and everything. :lol:

But they have nothing to put on a cv. This is exactly the sort of person who should be allocated a job in a factory doing something mindnumbingly dull. With penalties when they turn up late etc.

Why on earth not? They are breeding a generation who believe society owes them a living - it's a self-perpetuating spiral.

It's only self-perpetuating as long as it can be paid for, and we're skint.

My granddad was born in a time when you worked or starved, and men queued and fought for what work was available. I think my grandchildren will live to see those days come back.

Whatever you think, I still prefer my taxes to help the poor, rather than the rich who don't need it and deserve it much less.

As would I, but there is a difference between the deserving poor and those who just fleece the system taking resources from those who really need it because they simply don't want to work. 'Poor' is a broad generalization and we should realize that within this bracket are many different types of people with differing levels of need and desire. Obviously we should do all we can to support the elderly, disabled, mentally ill etc. I think what many are repelled by is the slothful who would rather fleece the system, and the truly needy, than do work of which they are completely capable.

Many of the associated issues are far more complex than has been discussed here; one such issue is that setting this kind of example to children is an appalling kind of neglect \ abuse.

I love this quote from fiddler on the roof. Funny and relevant:

Nachum: [begging] Alms for the poor! Alms for the poor!

Lazar Wolf: Her, Nachum, here's one kopeck.

Nachum: One kopeck? Last week, you gave me two kopecks!

Lazar Wolf: I had a bad week.

Nachum: So? If YOU had a bad week, why should I suffer?

Ain't that the truth? :lol:

As would I, but there is a difference between the deserving poor and those who just fleece the system taking resources from those who really need it because they simply don't want to work. 'Poor' is a broad generalization and we should realize that within this bracket are many different types of people with differing levels of need and desire. Obviously we should do all we can to support the elderly, disabled, mentally ill etc. I think what many are repelled by is the slothful who would rather fleece the system, and the truly needy, than do work of which they are completely capable.

I understand the principle here, and even agree with it wholeheartedly, but can't help noticing that most people don't want to apply the principle particularly evenly. For instance, over the last ten years a whole caste of slothful parasites engaged in a parasitism so effective it has caved in the entire economy; many of them were such effective parasites that they have amounted enough wealth to insulate themselves to a large degree from some of the ravages of the economic disaster they have created. It seems a little parsimonious to angle your understandable objections in this matter towards those who get a few tenners a week for doing nothing.

As I said above it's a matter of perspective, I'm sure some people even enjoy being slaves or forced prostitutes but that's not the point here. The point is that a large portion of people doing menial jobs probably don't enjoy it that much and do it for the money, and they are the ones I'm sticking up for. I'm sticking up for them because they have been brainwashed into believing they have to work 40 hours/ week just to make a living when that is far from the case if you remove the corruption of planning laws making land artificially expensive for building houses on.

As for confused.com, it seems he didn't want to reply after my post so it's safe to say I've put him in his place. Sitting in his comfortable home earning millions of pounds per year just for having the right contacts, being one of the first to the market and an amateur knowledge of IT (unless he contracted that out?). I'd like to see him go and tell all the people working in menial jobs that they should enjoy it because all jobs should be enjoyed by everyone and there is no such thing as a crap job and that everyone works for fun (don't we?) rather than for the money, but he should say it after telling them he earnings millions of pounds / year for sitting on his ass just because he was in the right place at the right time and that there are thousands of others just like him.

I'm sure these people will really appreciate being told what their attitude should be by a man in such a position, as opposed to them kicking his face in..

The fact is some middle class people like to pretend that everyone doing menial jobs enjoys it and are content with their lot and work for the satisfaction rather than the money. And I'm willing to bet a lot of people on here have that attitude which is why offend them so much when I even consider using the word menial because it offends their sensibilities. For all the complains of political correctness by people on this forum we sure do have a lot of it going on by the very same people here.

I am broadly in agreement with you. As I posted on another thread not so long ago, it makes no sense to me when women with infants are forced through economic necessity to work; and to do this they have to place their infants in a nursery to be cared for by other women, also forced to work through necessity. Then both sets of women are so tired at the end of the day that they have neither the time nor energy to cook a meal, so other women work in factories preparing ready-made meals for these time-poor women; and so they can do this they, in turn, are forced to place their children in nursery. So round and round it goes. And the majority of them would much prefer to stay at home and care for their own children - if they could only afford to. It's just a make-work scheme with no discernible benefit except to the Inland Revenue, as the IR can tax jobs that formerly were done unpaid in the home by stay-at-home mothers.

Having carefully read this story (admittedly with preconceived ideas) I am still left with some of my preconceived ideas.

This woman is paying for her mistakes later in life. Having wasted her youth, she is now in a situation where she is at risk from employment discrimination having never held any type of gainful employment, but it is never too late to start again and there are opportunities even at her age to gain a qualification or useful skill.

You have to some measure of sympathy, having lost both her parents and her exhusband in a brutal way, as well as her son being attacked.

The best thing for this family is to move far away from that council estate and start over, with realistic goals.

Employment would enable her to be a productive person and have a sense of purpose and accomplishment.

At least one of her lads joined the army and did something useful.

The younger daughter is at least looking for work.

Saw one of these "Secret Millionaire" programs last night. The 'millionaire' went to a housing estate near Rochdale with 70% unemployment, many households with noone working, some where noone had ever held a job. She went into the local pub and started chatting to some of the regulars. All were sitting round with their beer and fags, playing poker. On leaving she said she would never give her hard-earned money to people like that would wouldn't get off their backsides to find a job - and I think she's right. I know there's an argument along the lines of 'they don't have much so let them have a beer and a smoke' but I work hard to afford a decent lifestyle and bring my kids up and I can't afford to sit around in the pub every day. It irks me no end that I pay taxes to let some other idle bar-steward do that.

Ahh - life's little pleasures, "having a smoke" - more tax payer money wasted giving these smokers a new set of lungs when their own don't function anymore.

Edited by drhewitt

At least one of her lads joined the army and did something useful.

And he got stabbed by a local gang. :(

I suspect he is severely traumatized by that and would need a change of town. No job to go to makes moving very difficult.

Probably toured in Iraq and Afghanistan and yet suffered more trauma on his home estate.