House Price Crash Forum

Shadow Minister Arrested

They're QUOTING, as you well know!

If you're forced to lie about this, what are you hiding?

Oh , Pat's a NuArbeit supporter, lying is congenital. He also seem's totally unaware that in a forum everything he has posted is available for review, both internally and externally.

Edited by Jack's Creation
  • Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that "We" as in "the Labour Party", being apologetic about the unnecessary force and heavy-handed attitude to a leak? This will be the first time a leak has been detected that I recall, suggestign every other one has been sanctioned....

Press conference was sadly devoid of detail to support the conspiracy theory that there was actually a really strong dangerous treachery going on here.

"Mr Christopher Galley first met Damian Green in the Houses of Parliament in 2006. He was in contact with Mr Green over the following two years, including further meetings with him.

As a result Mr Galley gave Damian Green MP information which was important for the public to know in an open and democratic parliamentary system. As shadow minister for immigration and as a member of parliament Damian Green received the information in the same spirit and used it in his parliamentary duties.

In providing this information to a shadow minister, Mr Galley believed that it would be used in a wholly responsible manner in the public interest.

As a consequence you will know that Mr Galley was arrested by counter-terrorism officers in a dawn raid at his home on November 19. He was held under arrest at a police station for 17 hours and then released after exhaustive questioning by police.

Throughout that period Mr Galley was open and cooperative. He himself volunteered the whereabouts of his computer, his mobile phone and the documents the police needed for their inquiries whenever he was asked.

Those who initiated the police investigation and those who sanctioned the use of theses powers of arrest and search against a civil servant who was giving information directly to an MP should consider whether this was a necessary and proportionate way of dealing with this kind of allegation.

If ever there was a case of don't shoot the messenger, this was surely it."

I believe this is the press release as given in the Guardian.

I guess Ms Smith, who clearly knows lots more than she admits, evidenced by her continual use of the prefix "specific", will find some new angle for the smear.

Interesting. Looks like the young lad is going to fight them.

This is one of the things pat has been alluding to throughout the thread. You're absolutely right to say it has no bearing on the legality of Green's actions or the heavy-handed, unacceptable response by the Met (with or without explicit government support).

Even if there's substance to the allegation, it's precisely a smear tactic to dirty the Tories and draw heat away from the issue itself.

"If he's a nonce, he deserves to be locked up".

Hi Paul, seems every paper is as bad as the other these days, because that, to me, is "journalism" beneath the redtop level. The Sun/Mirror are at least openly partisan and obviously hacks, but this is worrying because of the paper it appears in.

Well Pat, you were a model of self restraint yesterday - only 4 posts, each one earning a £5 donation from myself to the Conservative party.

I'm not sure what Dave will do with his crisp £20 note, but every little counts!

The irony is, though, had Thatcher not slammed the gates on the "public interest" defence by rewriting the 1989 Official Secrets Act after Clive Ponting was acquitted, Galley wouldn't have a case to answer.

The concern seems to be that he's willing to leak privileged information for political capital. As a secretary to senior civil servants, he's privy to other information such as security measures, code names, addresses, locations, family members.

He'd already managed to get past the psychometric screening, despite being turned down by Conservative MPs who said he was "a little unstable and fragile."

Suppose one day he decided that the Conservatives weren't right-wing enough for him?

Suppose he decided to put his trust in an organisation which believed in Direct Action?

Have you noticed how more and more confident government ministers are getting about the whole thing? They're offering the usual comments of regret but standing firm and getting firmer. Meanwhile, the Tory bluster has diminished and those in the know are ready to abandon him.

p

not quite running to plan for you...?

The latest leak disclosed fact in the public interest, is that the police are considering arresting David Davies. I really don't think the police want to go there.

...seems like Labour will place in irons anyone who speaks sense....

Now's the day, and now's the hour:

See the front o' battle lour,

See approach proud Gordo's power

Chains and slaverie!

......Rabbie Burns apart from the Gordo.... <_<

Raid footage (if you can call it that).

http://www.conservatives.com/Video/Webcameron.aspx

Not much to see there. Interestingly, ITN claim they have been leaked* by the police that the initial complaint from the cabinet office stated it was a matter of national security. Now that is naughty.

*these leaks from the government/police are obviously different in some way that I can't fathom.

The latest leak disclosed fact in the public interest, is that the police are considering arresting David Davies. I really don't think the police want to go there.

Agreed. They got David Davies at their conference recently (in error) easily the most boring man in Parliament. Can't imagine why anyone would want to arrest him though - is being dull a crime now?

Update:

Latest News from Mr Davies website...

Latest News

MP SEEKS ASSURANCE OVER SEVERN BRIDGE VAT CUT

MONMOUTH MP David Davies is seeking an assurance from Severn Bridge bosses that the 2.5 per cent VAT cut will be passed on to motorists.

David Davies is DULL

Edited by happy?

...back to basics ....Jacqui Smith ...

She said it would have been "negligent" for the Home Office not to investigate the source of "systematic" leaks from its department - an investigation which led to Mr Green's arrest.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7760223.stm

...it was more negligent and inept for the Home Office to hire 'illegals'...it was breaking the law of this country ...we know that ...why is she not being held to account and the Civil Servants involved.?.....where are the arrests by the Police...?.am I paying my rates for this illegal activity to be ignored.. ?......and it was covered up ....seems strange that the people providing us with this information to which we are entitled are the ones being arrested.....is this civilisation.....?.....no.!...but I need the answers.... <_<

...back to basics ....Jacqui Smith ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7760223.stm

...it was more negligent and inept for the Home Office to hire 'illegals'...it was breaking the law of this country ...we know that ...why is she not being held to account and the Civil Servants involved.?.....where are the arrests by the Police...?.am I paying my rates for this illegal activity to be ignored.. ?......and it was covered up ....seems strange that the people providing us with this information to which we are entitled are the ones being arrested.....is this civilisation.....?.....no.!...but I need the answers.... <_<

Apparently it's part of the overtures to the NWO.

Just saw that clip again of Gordon 'Financial Dimwit' Brown, the one where he's boasting about obtaining leaks, hypocrite. And while we're on the subject of hypocrites, did anyone know Yvette Cooper enjoyed a world-class education at Oxford, Harvard and the London School of Economics. I thought that kind of education was against her beliefs?

Edited by cockrobin

Interesting to consider the amount of debate on this thread and contrast it with the views of Andy Burnham, the Culture and Media Secretary who recently said "The internet as a whole is an excellent source of casual opinion," he said. "TV is where people often look for expert or authoritative opinion." (full article here).

Despite the best efforts of the Government and the BBC to downplay this story and minimise the impact it continues to run, probably because of the amount of discussion on forums like this.

The latest wheeze by the Government is to appoint another policeman to conduct a two week investigation into the arrest. No prizes of course for guessing what his findings will be! Just like Hutton he will do his bit for this shabby little crowd of control freaks. No doubt he's got his pension to consider.

Agreed. They got David Davies at their conference recently (in error) easily the most boring man in Parliament. Can't imagine why anyone would want to arrest him though - is being dull a crime now?

Update:

Latest News from Mr Davies website...

Latest News

MP SEEKS ASSURANCE OVER SEVERN BRIDGE VAT CUT

MONMOUTH MP David Davies is seeking an assurance from Severn Bridge bosses that the 2.5 per cent VAT cut will be passed on to motorists.

David Davies is DULL

Wasn't it his speech that killed his leadership election?

Meanwhile, police say they were told that the complaint was a national security matter!

Wasn't it his speech that killed his leadership election?

Meanwhile, police say they were told that the complaint was a national security matter!

Wrong politician

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Davis_(...ish_politician)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Davies

David Davies MP for Monmouth is not the same as David Davis MP for Haltemprice and Howden and former Tory leadership challenger.

Just saw that clip again of Gordon 'Financial Dimwit' Brown, the one where he's boasting about obtaining leaks, hypocrite. And while we're on the subject of hypocrites, did anyone know Yvette Cooper enjoyed a world-class education at Oxford, Harvard and the London School of Economics. I thought that kind of education was against her beliefs?

...knew about that ...and that she hasn't done a proper days work in her life....

Wrong politician

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Davis_(...ish_politician)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Davies

David Davies MP for Monmouth is not the same as David Davis MP for Haltemprice and Howden and former Tory leadership challenger.

Why can't anyone spell these days?

I blame Google. If you type in 'Yvette Slaper' it returns, 'Did You Mean Yvette Slapper'. Technology is too forgiving.

Guest AuntJess

'Fort' you knew. the mantra for Labour ever was, " Don't do as I do: Do as I say" <_<