House Price Crash Forum

Shadow Minister Arrested

I normally dont vote. - I don't particularly like the democratic system as it stands. But I will make an exception next time around. Not only will I continue not to vote Labour. I will vote Conservative (who I am also not a fan of) in order to inflict as much damage to Labour as I can using the democratic process.

I might even consider making a financial contribution to the Conservative party.

Politics has never particularly interested me. NuLab have politicised me.

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the relationship between the Met and the Home Office?

Is there a financial incentive for senior people at the Met to try and suppress potentially embarrassing revelations?

Just a thought...

The Met office? Are there embarrassing weather related things that the public should know about sea defences, which are being suppressed ahead of the met office privatisation? Wonder if J Smith asked for the met to be brought in to discuss leaks and Sir Whatshisname got the wrong end of the stick? Just a thought...........

Don't be a tease, Pat. Give us some more juicy details about the payments Green has made to his Home Office mole, and the fat profits he's pocketed from selling on the details.

I'm sure you wouldn't state anything of that nature as fact without ample evidence to back it up. ;)

My point isn't that they've been to Eton; it's that they act like 40-year-old schoolboys. They're inexperienced, lightweight, frivolous, self-centred, in-bred, puerile little pr|cks, that's all. Now, it seems, they fail to support the police in their duties and accuse them of political acts! The man has paid someone to sell state secrets, ffs! Next, the Tories will say it's perfectly OK for Tory shadow ministers to tell the Russians all out military secrets, I suppose? Whatever next? How low has the Tory Party reached?
Quite right, Biffo. People, up and down the country, are arrested and held for nine hours and have their homes and offices searched by police every day of the year. It's happened to each and every one of us, Biffo, has it not? There's nothing to it, at all. Run of the mill. MP's are arrested all the time for no reason, whatsoever, and that's what's happened in this case. We should read nothing into it.

The suggestion that someone has paid someone else to steal things and then sold those things at a fat profit to someone else - like, for example, the newspapers - is neither here nor there. Just mischievous talk. That's all. Cameron is quite right in backing him all the way - right through to his imminent resignation.

Or, of course, the little sod is guilty of breaking the law (not a New Labour law, by the way) and of encouraging another person to break the law and of lining his pockets in the process.
Don't be a tease, Pat. Give us some more juicy details about the payments Green has made to his Home Office mole, and the fat profits he's pocketed from selling on the details.

I'm sure you wouldn't state anything of that nature as fact without ample evidence to back it up. ;)

Unless Damian Green was paying for an Iranian hooker with our nuclear codes, the action of the police was very unacceptable.

Now please arrest this twit:

http://www.order-order.com/2008/11/brown-c...misconduct.html

The Met office? Are there embarrassing weather related things that the public should know about sea defences, which are being suppressed ahead of the met office privatisation? Wonder if J Smith asked for the met to be brought in to discuss leaks and Sir Whatshisname got the wrong end of the stick? Just a thought...........

In her very carefully worded interview, she stated she was told about the arrest and search afterwards - that is not necessarily mutually exclusive of having been told before as well...

So we have the big spat on who appoints the next man, one of the contenders tells Boris and not Ms Smith? Right. Good for your job prospects then....

So she answered she did not specifically know it was Damian Green...

And as for bugging, no denial, just the HS never answers these questions...

Any body language experts around like to tell me what incessant blinking indicates. Never seen anyone blink so much...

In her very carefully worded interview, she stated she was told about the arrest and search afterwards - that is not necessarily mutually exclusive of having been told before as well...

So we have the big spat on who appoints the next man, one of the contenders tells Boris and not Ms Smith? Right. Good for your job prospects then....

So she answered she did not specifically know it was Damian Green...

And as for bugging, no denial, just the HS never answers these questions...

Any body language experts around like to tell me what incessant blinking indicates. Never seen anyone blink so much...

Can't say she does anything for me but perhaps her advisers have told her that she is winsome when she flutters her eyelashes.

p-o-p

The truth is starting to leak out :

Torygraph abandons Green

Interesting reading, particularly between the lines.

p

I believe that there are some issues in which country becomes more important than party. If not then it leads to Zimbabwe.

Think of the impression you giving by your apologist statements from the Labour rebuttal unit.

If I cannot trust my correspondence with my MP as confidential then Parliament is a dead institution.

It's terrifying that the Government think this is defendable

I believe that there are some issues in which country becomes more important than party. If not then it leads to Zimbabwe.

Think of the impression you giving by your apologist statements from the Labour rebuttal unit.

If I cannot trust my correspondence with my MP as confidential then Parliament is a dead institution.

It's terrifying that the Government think this is defendable

This is the most important point made on this topic, and not one that I had thought of.

While, imho, the police were heavy-handed in their actions, it does appear there is evidence that info was being leaked. What do people think the correct response was? If the allegations are proved true then, obviously, Mr. Green and Mr. Galley behaved in an illegal manner.

grammar

Edited by carbonoid
The truth is starting to leak out :

Torygraph abandons Green

Interesting reading, particularly between the lines.

p

What truth?

"Tory supporter hands information to tory that will harm labour." Unless Green started asking this bloke to be a Tory back at secondary school I fail to see what the hell you are going on about, tbh. Even if he did, it's states quite specifically that no crime has been commited. :)

That won't stop your facist nutter chums from locking him up though, it never does because you are all insane.

While, imho, the police were heavy-handed in their actions, it does appear their is evidence that info was being leaked. What do people think the correct response was? If the allegations are proved true then, obviously, Mr. Green and Mr. Galley behaved in an illegal manner.

Nah.

It breaks the offical secrets act for the civil servant. Once told something an MP can do what he likes with it, that's how it works.

Like it's no crime for me to herar something from someone else, but it might be a crime for them to tell me. Hearing is involuntary, for a start.

Nah.

It breaks the offical secrets act for the civil servant. Once told something an MP can do what he likes with it, that's how it works.

Like it's no crime for me to herar something from someone else, but it might be a crime for them to tell me. Hearing is involuntary, for a start.

OK, got that. So is there evidence of wrongdoing on the civil servants part?

Would that be the kind of "looking after" that the Soviet Union did when placing dissidents in "psychiatric hospitals" do you think?

You'll have to make your own way to the Gulag. I was merely quoting the Times.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/poli...icle5254322.ece

"The assistant private secretary, who has been suspended from his job, is being looked after by the Home Office at a secret location because it owes him a “duty of care”, officials said. "

p-o-p

OK, got that. So is there evidence of wrongdoing on the civil servants part?

I haven't seen any.

it looks to me like they are trying to make a conspiracy case without bothering with the actual criminal bit at the end of it. A little like me and you talking idly about doing a bank robbery but not actually going ahead with it, then spending 25 years inside for armed robbery.

They probably can under the terrorism legislation, mind you but it'd have to be a kangaroo court. "Tory supprter hands information to Tory that damages labour and is in the public interest." Total non story, or would be if it didn't mean resignations for half the cabinet, the speaker and three top policemen for approving dawn raids on the blameless.

David Davies, speaking to Simon Mayo on Radio Five, has just spoken a lot of sense on the matter, specifically why it is important to the constituent that MP privileges are respected.

I believe there is a "listen again" function on Radio Five - worth listening to if you have the time and inclination.

David Davies, speaking to Simon Mayo on Radio Five, has just spoken a lot of sense on the matter, specifically why it is important to the constituent that MP privileges are respected.

I believe there is a "listen again" function on Radio Five - worth listening to if you have the time and inclination.

The fact that David Davis, a supporter of the death penalty, now seems positively liberal shows you just how extreme the Labour Party have become.