cht

HOLA441
  • Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
Guest Mr Parry
In this case I am certain that Smith knew that ther Head of the Home Office was going to ask the Met to assist in the leaks enquiry. What they may not have calculated is the crass, over the top manner that plod were going to carry out the investigation which would result in a Shadow Minister being arrested. Politicians and civil servants do not normally direct the actual operational work of the police. They rely on the senior coppers using their discretion in handling the matter. In this case someone either deliberately (ie the departing Head of The Met Ian Blair) or idiotically (ie the current acting Head of the Met Stephenson) failed to read the requirement properly.

As far as I can see this is the only reasonable justification the government can use and this is the defence I expect them to adopt next week. Stephenson will be hung out to dry.

The Speakers and Serjeant At Arms behaviour in the Commons is harder to explain but they are employed by parliament not the government. I expect both to be disciplined by MPs next week. The official opening of Parliament this week is likely to be a lively affair.

So the Met called the Speaker, Cameron and Boris, but not the Home Secretary?

HOLA443

Thats what they are saying....

It also appears as if the police tapped the phones of Green , Labour ironically said no to phone tapping evidence without the consent of the home secretary....

Looks like labour are in a spot of bother......

Me thinks they will probably manufacture evidence against him , here sir can you hold this piece of paper for a minute? ...

with his finger prints on it they print a plan to over throw gordon and he is executed as an example to us all , voting forms are sent to us,

you have two choices:

Labour

Or death...

HOLA444

Yes this entirely true, are you accusing the Home Secretary of lying?

Be careful, there is probably still an 800 year old statue on the books that will see you burnt alive for implying that.

HOLA445
Guest Mr Parry
Thats what they are saying....

It also appears as if the police tapped the phones of Green , Labour ironically said no to phone tapping evidence without the consent of the home secretary....

Looks like labour are in a spot of bother......

Me thinks they will probably manufacture evidence against him , here sir can you hold this piece of paper for a minute? ...

with his finger prints on it they print a plan to over throw gordon and he is executed as an example to us all , voting forms are sent to us,

you have two choices:

Labour

Or death...

What strikes me about this is the BBC. They're like a rapid bulldog with this. They won't let it go.

HOLA446
Guest Mr Parry
Yes this entirely true, are you accusing the Home Secretary of lying?

Be careful, there is probably still an 800 year old statue on the books that will see you burnt alive for implying that.

Yes I am.

HOLA447
What strikes me about this is the BBC. They're like a rapid bulldog with this. They won't let it go.

Strange isn't it given how they have been such a propaganda tool recently. The Beeb seemed to change when the pre-budget report came out, ever since then they have actually been criticising the government occasionally, even the Peston creature has been doing it. Maybe they read the bit about their taxes going up...

HOLA448
Guest Mr Parry
Strange isn't it given how they have been such a propaganda tool recently. The Beeb seemed to change when the pre-budget report came out, ever since then they have actually been criticising the government occasionally, even the Peston creature has been doing it. Maybe they read the bit about their taxes going up...

Point is, they know something.

HOLA449

Politics is starting to get interesting after a decade of apathy... the people are starting to ask questions and the cracks of a desperate government are appearing... there is something really smelly about Nu-labour and the way they are hanging onto power.

house of cards is about to fall.

HOLA4410
Guest Mr Parry
Politics is starting to get interesting after a decade of apathy... the people are starting to ask questions and the cracks of a desperate government are appearing... there is something really smelly about Nu-labour and the way they are hanging onto power.

house of cards is about to fall.

Well said that man.

HOLA4411

I think that it is self survival , in that the more they push this story then the safer they are as , the chances of a labour government being returned will be lower....

HOLA4412

Interview with Brown last week was actually close to the bone too. Brought up 'No More boom and bust' and much more. Interviewer actually seemed to be getting openly pissed off with Broon.

They certainly don't seem to be towing the party line quite as much as normal.

HOLA4413
Yes I am.

Me too.

Zanu Labour its death by a thousand cuts - reminds me of the end of the Tories.

Watched Question Time t'other evening and the audience just laughed at Labours growth predictions the public have have lost all respect IMO.

Its over for Zanu Labour the tide is turning decisively.

New Labour deadcat bounce is now over its downhill all the way.

The sad thing is that they will be replaced by another bunch of cretins who will also stick their snouts as deep into the trough as this bunch of incompetents.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
Interview with Brown last week was actually close to the bone too. Brought up 'No More boom and bust' and much more. Interviewer actually seemed to be getting openly pissed off with Broon.

They certainly don't seem to be towing the party line quite as much as normal.

TOE , not tow..... as in to put ones toes on the party line in support of it...

Sorry in a funny mood today...

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

NULiebour are masters of the use of language.

I would want to know the precise form of words Smith used.

For instance, (speculation) if one says "I was not aware the Met were going to arrest DG" that has an entirely different meaning to "I was not aware the Met were considering arresting DG".

and so on....whether she was or she wasn't you can bet all concerned have been very studiously schooled in the correct form of words to use during interviews.

HOLA4418
TOE , not tow..... as in to put ones toes on the party line in support of it...

Sorry in a funny mood today...

Doh !!

I should have known. Was actually telling someone the old party line story yesterday. Swords and all.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
Guest Mr Parry
Awww . b*gger, and I was going to attempt to get a late ticket to the Thailand 2009 sky festival.....

The airport might be open then . . .

It won't be open this year.

HOLA4421
Guest KingCharles1st
Few months ago. Darling announces in Parliament that interest rates were coming down. This was before this was announced by the BoE. The BoE are apparently not controlled by the Government. This announcement affected the markets instantly.

Last week Pre-budget report. Leaks showing new 45% tax rate in the future and a cut in VAT. Both turn out to be spot on.

Why does nobody question Labour about this ?

Why is there no dawn raid on Darling and Brown ?

Why is Brown not chased down the steps of #10 and shot repeatedly in the head by anti-terrorism officers ?

I would get "Pay per view" for that one ;)

HOLA4422
The airport might be open then . . .

It won't be open this year.

You not a wee bit worried about your choice of country just now ?

I love Thailand myself but it relies massively on tourism. This stuff goes on for much longer and Thialand could be in serious doo doo.

Back up plan ?

HOLA4423
Guest Mr Parry
You not a wee bit worried about your choice of country just now ?

I love Thailand myself but it relies massively on tourism. This stuff goes on for much longer and Thialand could be in serious doo doo.

Back up plan ?

No, remember if the same was (is likely) to happen in the UK, gallons of blood would be running in the gutters.

I don't make money there. Only live there part of the year. Next jobs are in Taiwan anyway.

HOLA4424
I would get "Pay per view" for that one ;)

Especially the third one. The PPV would clear our national debt overnight. ;)

In fact why don't we just do a bit of celebrity cage fighting - but this time with World Leaders ?

I say we go for this guy to face McBroon.

_39921965_putin_203x300.jpg

HOLA4425
No, remember if the same was (is likely) to happen in the UK, gallons of blood would be running in the gutters.

I don't make money there. Only live there part of the year. Next jobs are in Taiwan anyway.

Good plan. Keeping it fluid. You are right about the blood bit though. With this Government in charge I do not discount anything.